Lorenzo Alexander - 1 year deal
Jordan Phillips - 2 year deal
Logan Thomas - 1 year deal

*worth noting, we keep Lesean McCoy

Cuts:

Charles Clay
Vlad Ducasse

Noteworthy Free Agent Signings:

Matt Paradis, C (DEN) - 5 year deal, 50 mil total (our big signing)
John Brown, WR (BAL) - 2 year deal, 16 mil total w/performance bonus incentives.
Tyler Kroft, TE (CIN) - 3 year deal, 12 mil total

The NFL Draft

9 - Buffalo Bills - Ed Oliver, DL - Houston

We are left with a number of needs on offense but I elected to fill the 3T spot on the defensive line going with a favorite defensive prospect of mine, Ed Oliver. With the retirement of Kyle Williams the Bills highly ranked defense from 2018 is left with a hole on the line next to Star Lotulelei. Sure they have guys like Jordan Phillips and Harrison Phillips for depth, but neither provides what Oliver can in my opinion. Oliver provides Buffalo with a pass-rushing presence in the middle a la Aaron Donald. With the emergence of Levi Wallace towards the end of the year I think the Bills will look to address the second corner spot in free agency or later on in the draft. Wide receiver is another option here, but unless D.K. Metcalf’s medical is better than I expect, I think the Bills elect to pass on WR as that position is one you can get good value on in the next round.

40 - Buffalo Bills - Kelvin Harmon, WR - N.C. State

75 - Buffalo Bills - Bobby Evans, OT - Oklahoma

106 - Buffalo Bills - Benny Snell, RB - Kentucky

127 - Buffalo Bills (via KC) - Darryl Williams, OG - Miss. State

137 - Buffalo Bills - Cameron Smith, LB - U.S.C.
148 - Buffalo Bills (via PIT) - Caleb Wilson, TE - UCLA
168 - Buffalo Bills - Rock Ya-Sin, CB - Temple
203 - Buffalo Bills - Terry McLaurin, WR - Ohio State
206 - Buffalo Bills (via CAR) - Jack Bailey, P - Stanford

Depth Chart (roughly mocked up):

QB: Allen, Barkley, Anderson 
RB: McCoy, Snell, Ivory, Murphy, Ford
FB: DiMarco
TE: Croom, Kroft, Thomas, Wilson
WR: Brown, Harmon, Jones, Foster, McKenzie, McLaurin
LT: Dawkins
LG: Teller, Williams
C: Paradis, Bodine
RG: Groy
RT: Evans, McDermott

DE: Hughes, Yarbrough
3T: Oliver, J. Phillips
1T: Lotulelei, H. Phillips
DE: Lawson, Murphy
WLB: Milano, C. Smith, Thompson
MLB: Edmunds, Stanford
SLB: Alexander, C. Smith, Lacey
CB: White, Johnson, Wallace, Ya-Sin, UDFA
FS: Poyer
SS: Hyde, Bush, Neal

K: Hauschka
P: Bailey
LS: Reid

Not a big fan of this. OLine still looks like a huge need. Having to rely on a 3rd round rookie scares me. Combine that with the fact that Tellar and Groy are still starting. Could be another rough season.

I do not see Harmon falling to the 2nd as of now I see him as a late first round pick and could only imagine he would continue to rise.

Instead of Brown if sign Adam Humphries. Maybe Golden Tate. But Tate is not as likely. And then draft Riley Ridley or Marquise Brown I'm the 2nd round. And in First round I'm drafting Ja'awan Taylor or Greg Little. 3rd round I'd draft a Guard. We wouldn't be telling on him to start but could compete with Groy and Tellar.

SE: Zay Jones

SL: Adam Humphries

FL: Riley Ridley

Think that lineup would give us a ton of potential with Zay and Ridley but at the same time. Has a model of consistency guy like Adam.

The bills have 90 mil in cap space plus the 6.5 mil your getting back from cutting Ducasse and Clay. Even if they dont want to spend all of it this is no where near reaching the cap floor. so you would have to spend more money. Like Marshawn Lynch said you still have major holes on the oline LG, RG, and RT even if Teller is the guy at LG which I think he needs more time that oline is still a disaster. Counting on a 3rd rd pick to play RT and not addressing the Guard position would be worrisome. If the bills are going to bring in a Veteran TE I would much rather look at Jared Cook on a 2-3 year deal then Kroft. I would also want to bring in more then just 1 WR in Free agency. Bills will also need a pass rusher and a CB #2 Levi Wallace played well but he still needs to have competition and outside of the starting 3 Turon, Tre, and Levi they have no one. Outside of Ya Sin I would expect them to bring in a veteran CB as well.

Thanks for the feedback. I primarily focused on the draft and through together a free agency and depth chart last minute. Need to definitely look at the available free agents more in depth. I have my personal wish list but it's hard to imagine us signing guys I want despite having the money for them (Bradley Roby at corner for example). 

I like it for the most part. I don't get keeping LeSean McCoy around considering he is constantly banged up and has clearly lost a step.

I'm still driving the Le'Veon Bell bus. Again now is the time to pay for a RB while Josh Allen is still on rookie contract 

3 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I like it for the most part. I don't get keeping LeSean McCoy around considering he is constantly banged up and has clearly lost a step.

I'm still driving the Le'Veon Bell bus. Again now is the time to pay for a RB while Josh Allen is still on rookie contract 

Beane has said that Shady is still in the plans for 2019 and the oline was a huge factor of issues with the run game which is true. He had Incognito and Wood as his best blockers in 2017 which both were gone and a key part of shadys run style. Teller/Ducasse and Groy/bodine were one of the worst duos in the league. I think they should keep Shady and probably extend him to lower his cap hit and not have to be a work horse for the team. Leveon Bell is a head case, doesnt fit the culture the bills have which is why i dont see them trading for brown either. Both are divas, and Bell is one pot bust away from being suspended a full year. Not to mention he was behind one of the better olines in the league. Look at what Connor did behind that line that is simply plug and play in the run game. Bills need to focus on building that oline up so they can do that with any rb as well. 

Please explain to me how Le'Veon Bell is a headcase? The guy is consistently attending charity events and Fund raisers for organizations such as Habitat for Humanity and PETA. 

He held out for a contract extension with numbers backing his claim as a top 3 NFL RB while lesser statistical RB were cashing in around him and got pulled over with some kush in the car he was driving in what 2013?

I get people don't want to splurge on a RB but please don't use him being a headcase as the crutch for the argument.

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Please explain to me how Le'Veon Bell is a headcase? The guy is consistently attending charity events and Fund raisers for organizations such as Habitat for Humanity and PETA. 

He held out for a contract extension with numbers backing his claim as a top 3 NFL RB while lesser statistical RB were cashing in around him and got pulled over with some kush in the car he was driving in what 2013?

I get people don't want to splurge on a RB but please don't use him being a headcase as the crutch for the argument.

Attending Charities is a nice thing and all but when I say headcase I mean stuff that he has done that involves the locker room.

2014 pulled over with weed in the car, 2016 missed drug test due to knowing he will fail because of weed,  2016 off season publicly bashing the contract negotiations, 2017 held out for new contract, 2018 held out.... 2015, 2016, 2017 at one point in these seasons he has publicly voiced his displeasure of how the play calling was being made on the offense. Not to mention his locker room issues. He is toxic whether he is a star on the field Beane/ Mcdermott dont deal with that crap and hold guys to a higher standards for character. So yes when I say he is a headcase it is these examples that have been made public let alone his past and current teammates have called him out just like they are doing with AB. With both Weed incidents the next one is 3rd strike automatic year suspension. You want to risk paying a guy 60-75 mil if he can easily mess it up by taking one puff?

Its not about splurging on a Rb because we just did that with shady and I still believe he has some left in the tank just a bad season with everything going on between the oline, no weapons for the qb and Allen not playing a full rookie season. So once they build up the oline and bring in a couple more weapons shady may actually have a chance to run the ball. Even if Bell was on the bills team this year he wouldnt have made much more of an impact then what the rbs have done this year. The oline is beyond horrible, so I am not quick to throw away shady to pay someone else 15+ mil a year to do the same thing but have locker room issues. All in all sticking with Shady and paying for an oline to block the RB and protect Allen is where I would like to see them invest the money.

So essentially being pulled over and contract talks like I mentioned? You're in a minority if you think Bell wasn't right holding out.

Anyways I'm all for it. I'm good on his attitude and I think he'll be hungry and his pass catching out of back field will open up things for Allen to take off with his legs or hit quick passes. It'll be a tall order to spy both Allen and Bell.

I don't want us to go after Bell. It has nothing to do with his actions with the Steelers though, strictly financial on our part. I'd rather not break the bank for a RB unless he's already on your team and your extending him, like Gurley or Zeke soon.

Worth mentioning that next years class is loaded with RB talent too. Could end up finding a quality starter in the 2nd or 3rd round after we worry about fixing our o-line this year.

15 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

So essentially being pulled over and contract talks like I mentioned? You're in a minority if you think Bell wasn't right holding out.

Anyways I'm all for it. I'm good on his attitude and I think he'll be hungry and his pass catching out of back field will open up things for Allen to take off with his legs or hit quick passes. It'll be a tall order to spy both Allen and Bell.

No i think he had every right to hold out and thats not the reason I wouldnt want him. I wouldnt want him because he is known to be a cancer in the locker rooms separating himself from teammates, if that wasnt the case then guys would have been backing him rather then talking smack about his hold out. Not to mention past incidents where ev-teammates have said stuff about him. 15-17 mil is the main reason why I wouldnt want him, the bills have so many holes and paying someone that amount of money cripples the cap and puts the bills back in to a situation they had with whaley. The colts made the playoffs this year because of luck, and were able to manage to get by with Mack who is really a nobody. The reason why Luck has been so successful is because they fixed the oline up, they went from being sacked the most in the league the last 2-3 years to the least sacked this year. I think protecting Allen is far more helpful in his progression of being a better qb then it is to pay a RB like bell. I dont think im going to change your mind and your not going to change mine. So ill let others discuss the original comment which is Nick's mock. 

No matter what happens I think we are all on here hoping the bills make the right moves to become playoff and superbowl contenders, because I for one am tired of watching other teams play this time of year. Especially the 3 qtr performance the ravens played or the texans game. The bills have just as good of a defense as those teams have just need to find an offense to be more aggressive then those teams.

1 hour ago, Cowart69 said:

Nick,

We need more help then this on our offensive line......

That is a lot of youth you have starting.   We bought the house (Josh Allen) now we need to pay for the insurance for the house.

This thread has opened my eyes to just how badly we do need OL. Working on a v2 fix to this tonight! 

29 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

This thread has opened my eyes to just how badly we do need OL. Working on a v2 fix to this tonight! 

yea my top guys i would like the bills to throw money at would be 

Rodger Saffold LG Rams
Matt Paradis C Broncos
Darryl Williams RT Panthers
Ju'wan James RT Dolphins
Donovan Smith RT Tampa
Mike Iupati G Arizona

Ideally getting the top 3 of 4 would be a dream scenario for Allen to be protected. Possibly moving Teller to RG with Dion playing LT.

Archived