Preseason game 3: Kansas City Chiefs @ Seattle Seahawks

showtime

Friday, August 25th at 8:00pm est.  I am really excited about this game, not only to watch the Seahawks but because of the Chiefs.  I really like the Seahawks receiving core and they will be put to the test this week vs the Chiefs.  Really big game for those guys because we have a lot of talent at receiver, but we don't have the roster space to hold all of those guys.  In addition, I am hoping Russell Wilson continues to play well and that the offensive line can put it all together without LT George Fant.  For Kansas City, I am really looking forward to seeing Patrick Mahomes.  He is such a dynamic player and extremely talented.

Naz Man definitely looked like a rookie. Started the game, and spent his time with the 1st team getting double teamed and pushed back. 

McEvoy + McKissic > Kasan. Darboh better show something next week to avoid being Chris Harper 2.0.

Everytime I'd go "Huh Rees looks serviceable out there" he'd go whiff a block or get bullrushed backwards. Tobin didnt look any better.

RW still being RW. Been able to plant that backfoot and let the howitzer loose. Good to see. Definitely wasn't able to do that last season. Seems like the interior is miles better.

Blair Walsh continuing to not screw up. Time to start believing?

Carson has got "it". Always falling forward, has that burst to blow through holes. Runs through arm tackles. Hands out of the backfield. Even if Rawls and Procise arent ready for game one, Carson and Lacy is a sufficient substitute. Lacy looked good.

Shaq tackles like the LOB. Seems like a perfect fit.

Glad to see Jefferson get a lot of looks. Did ok with his time.

Passrush overall was better, still not closing as well as previous units.

Tre Maddon is making the team as a FB right? Funny to see him and Lacy together.

Still think Bass is making the team. Not sure how, but he has been all over the field since Game 1.

Boykin looked like hot dookie. If RW goes down for an extended period of time, might as well put the whole team on IR and give up on "17.

I like Tramaine Brock. Think he fits in pretty well. 

RW is incredible. The only other QB I've seen that can be running left and throw with such touch & accuracy is Rodgers. RWs' throws to Carson & the beautiful touch to Kearse were off the charts. Then RW comes back plants and fires a bullet to Graham down the seam. We are sooooo blessed to have RW under center. I hope we go more up tempo in 2017. It keeps RW in rhythm. 

Chris Carson looks fab, obviously & I'm already sick of china doll Prosise. Never liked him at ND because he fumbled too often but now he can get on the field. Carson seems to have 20/15 vision and a nice burst to get to the 2nd level. He's going to get some regular season PT. 

The OL played better than I forecasted but KC was missing Justin.

Negatives:  The run defense has looked abysmal. I loved Jarron Reed but he's been invisible. My least favorite Hawk rears his ugly head again. For as few plays that he's out there, Marsh drives me bananas. He is Mr. Late hit. Without looking at stats, Marsh must lead the league in 15 yd personal fouls per plays played. He only shows up on 3rd down & I cringe.  The D held & here comes the O. Yellow on the field & it's a 15yd penalty on Marsh. I can't stand him. Sure, he has the proverbial "motor" but needs to drive in 3rd gear on occasion. Kearse is another guy that annoys me. Bennett's offsides don't bother me because he's a stud. Marsh is just a clown. The pass D was a second behind. More time to work out the kinks with Shaq and Lane. Neither looks great, just decent. 

It does look like the Hawks will need more time to gel. It wouldn't surprise me to get off to a 5-3 start & then go 6-2 & finish at 11-5. This has to be the year we sweep LARams. Sweep SF & split with Zona to go 5-1 in division & 6-4 outside.  11-5. 

Go Hawks!

On 8/27/2017 at 1:48 AM, Zman724 said:

RW is incredible. The only other QB I've seen that can be running left and throw with such touch & accuracy is Rodgers. RWs' throws to Carson & the beautiful touch to Kearse were off the charts. Then RW comes back plants and fires a bullet to Graham down the seam. We are sooooo blessed to have RW under center. I hope we go more up tempo in 2017. It keeps RW in rhythm. 

Chris Carson looks fab, obviously & I'm already sick of china doll Prosise. Never liked him at ND because he fumbled too often but now he can get on the field. Carson seems to have 20/15 vision and a nice burst to get to the 2nd level. He's going to get some regular season PT. 

The OL played better than I forecasted but KC was missing Justin.

Negatives:  The run defense has looked abysmal. I loved Jarron Reed but he's been invisible. My least favorite Hawk rears his ugly head again. For as few plays that he's out there, Marsh drives me bananas. He is Mr. Late hit. Without looking at stats, Marsh must lead the league in 15 yd personal fouls per plays played. He only shows up on 3rd down & I cringe.  The D held & here comes the O. Yellow on the field & it's a 15yd penalty on Marsh. I can't stand him. Sure, he has the proverbial "motor" but needs to drive in 3rd gear on occasion. Kearse is another guy that annoys me. Bennett's offsides don't bother me because he's a stud. Marsh is just a clown. The pass D was a second behind. More time to work out the kinks with Shaq and Lane. Neither looks great, just decent. 

It does look like the Hawks will need more time to gel. It wouldn't surprise me to get off to a 5-3 start & then go 6-2 & finish at 11-5. This has to be the year we sweep LARams. Sweep SF & split with Zona to go 5-1 in division & 6-4 outside.  11-5. 

Go Hawks!

My 2 least favorite and ONLY 2 players that I did /do not like were TRADED !! Sweet.... The only Hawk I'm not a fan of and is a clown is Ifedi. He stinks!

I'm so glad Marsh is gone! 

Archived