GB and SLappers--Playoff Style--Seahags at Dallas

HDsportsfan

GB: Dak, Zeke, Coop, Austin and everyone on defense, except for Byron Jones. Linehan gets killed here, but he stepped up his calls in the 2nd half.

SL: Byron Jones reminded me of why I hated him at safety in 2016. He almost cost us the game. 

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

They were in zone. He only went after Lockett when he knew the safety wasn't there to cover and Woods wasn't.

I understand it was a zone, maybe it shouldn't have been called. But the receiver blew by and never stopped. The safety does have the other side of the field to cover. I don't know who was doing what on the other side tho.  Regardless, I still think you don't let the guy run by you that fast and that far by just letting him go. Guess I'm being stubborn about it.

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

The only one he arguably blew was the TD.

In zone the CB does not have the fly route. That would be safety.

Thats quite the blanket statement you are making. Which zone? Quarters? Cover 2? Cover 3? Cover 1? 

In most zone assignments the LB would cover the flats. Both those blown assignments are on him. 

Game Balls:

Quincy - He has serious pocket awareness and accuracy issues, but his intangibles are through the roof. And, the two biggest plays of the game were not only made with his feet, but came from him calling an audible. That impressed me, and it clearly rattled Seattle’s defense.

Zeke - Ho hum, another day, another 137 yards rushing and 32 more receiving.

Jaylon Smith - He quietly had an incredible game. LVE was solid, but Jaylon was a rock star tonight.

Run Defense - Holy shnikey, did they put on a clinic. 73 yards allowed, against the #1 rushing offense in the NFL? They. Were. Amazing.

Pete Carroll / Michael Dickson - Kudos for calling for a dropkick when you needed an onside kick that late in the game. Byron Jones allowed the Seahawks to make the game interesting, and you crapped the bed straight Scott Linehan style.

Slappers:

Chidobe Awuzie - Beaten like a drum virtually all game long. Seattle’s wide receiving core shouldn’t scare anyone, but you made them look really good.

Noah Brown - Jesus Christ, where do I begin with your miscues? Yes, the end zone play was PI, but you didn’t help matters since you should’ve caught it anyway. You then doubled down on stupid with the illegal shift penalty which nearly cost us the game. Quincy’s audible saved it. You not only get the Slapper, but you should polish Quincy’s jock and junk for refusing to let you tank a playoff game.

Byron Jones - Dude, are you allergic to the playoffs? Because you’ve crapped the bed EVERY TIME you’ve been there, and it’s always been late in the game, on 4th down, and into the red zone. It’s why I hate you.

Seahawks Safety Bradley McDougald - You sir, are dirty. That tackle was filthy and unprofessional and may have cost a player his career. Disgusting.

GB. Dak Zeke  FRONT 7 on D. Beasley Cooper 

HM Gallup.  

SL.  Special teams.  Was out played kept Seattle in game got a return that eventually turned the game around

HM. Refs.     And Jones.  He blew coverage on a TE on their first scoring drive the big one might might not be on him 

close to HM was the play calling when they tried too many trick plays and we’re too stubborn with the power running  mostly though was happy 

Gameballs; dak- he’s still not good in the pocket and may never be all that great there, but he’s pretty damn good rolling out and generally on the move. And look they put him on the move more today and he made plays and limited mistakes. Also kid is just plain gutsy. 

Zeke- he’s just a force. And is always moving forward and eating up yards. Just gotta feed him. 

Connor Williams- didn’t hear his name much ( which is solid sign for interior lineman). And after being benched mid season was nice to see him step up when needed. Also really great block on that dak draw. 

Hm: defense: they were so good for 80% of The game but allowed too many big plays that kept seattle in the game. Great against the run, but if they could have limited those big plays in the air it would have went down as a dominant performance. 

Austin: would have been gameball if he didn’t lose his balance. 

Jocks: Noah brown can’t allow that pick to take place. Obvious PI, but one man wanted it more and that man was not brown. Penalty late was rough too, but that may not have been all on him. 

Byron jones: he struggles in zones. Put him on a guy and allow him to use his superior Athletism and he can shut down almost anyone. He doesn’t make good decisions in space though. and we saw that tonight. May not have been his job to cover that over the top route late, but in that situation you see a speedster run vertical for a team that has to have a quick score and you’ve gotta know to get back. 

4 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Nope. Linehan. He still gets a slapper. There was some serious head scratchers from him again. Although it was better then normal Linehan. Wonder if Columbo is calling plays.

We've entered that stage where good plays are going to be someone else's input and bad plays are going to be typical Linehan. He's done.

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats quite the blanket statement you are making. Which zone? Quarters? Cover 2? Cover 3? Cover 1? 

In most zone assignments the LB would cover the flats. Both those blown assignments are on him. 

Bryan Broaddous will obtain the answer. This is his speculation thus far:

"I don’t quite know what happened on the Tyler Lockett reception at the end of the game, where it appeared that Byron Jones lost the coverage? Jones must have thought he was getting some help from the inside from Jeff Heath. Leighton Vander Esch was underneath with Heath to his inside. Heath never reacted to the ball until Lockett was past Jones. Xavier Woods was playing in the deep middle, which put him in no position to defend the ball. There must have been a miscommunication between Jones and Heath that allowed the play. Regardless, it shouldn’t have happened at that point of the game."

GB

Dak - Be resigned to the fact he's going to get paid big time and be in Dallas a long time. 

Zeke - The one big run on busted contain made it look better than it was, but he's a workhorse.

Defense - Save for the one big screw up, they played terrific. Run D was amazing. Antwaun Woods has been another HR signing at DT. 

SL

Team that signs KR as their next HC....looking at you Miami.  

Archived