no talent/ no excuse

muncher

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

The Pro Bowl is barely, if even, real football.  It's nothing more than a popularity contest, you can tell by some of the laughable snubs vs. people who get in.  It's the least or darn close to the least effective measure of a players talent or a teams ability to succeed of any measure in the sport.

123 Guys can call themselves Pro Bowlers. Add in the 35 that were invited but declined. 178 players. 11% of the league were or attempted to be named “Pro Bowl” players. 

I mean LeSean McCoy was a pro bowler in a year with 1200 scrimmage yards and 5 total TDs. 

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

123 Guys can call themselves Pro Bowlers. Add in the 35 that were invited but declined. 178 players. 11% of the league were or attempted to be named “Pro Bowl” players. 

I mean LeSean McCoy was a pro bowler in a year with 1200 scrimmage yards and 5 total TDs. 

EXACTLY.   I mean c'mon.. I know that some guys do legitimately deserve it but at the same time, just as many are there because they're popular.  Tom Brady could have a season where he throws 1 TD and 30 Ints and he'd still somehow get voted in.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

EXACTLY.   I mean c'mon.. I know that some guys do legitimately deserve it but at the same time, just as many are there because they're popular.  Tom Brady could have a season where he throws 1 TD and 30 Ints and he'd still somehow get voted in.

Funny you say that: it’s the same year Bridgewater got in with 3200 yards 14 TD and 9 INT. 

Talent!!!

Archived