AFC Wild Card: Chargers @ Ravens

JAF-N72EX

Assuming the Bears win, we have LA @ NE, IND @ KC, DAL @ NO, and CHI @ LAR. I think NE/LAC is by far the most exciting matchup there. I think the Saints blow out the Cowboys, Rams and Bears another low scoring game that could go either way, and the Colts/Chiefs could be a fun game but no matter how entertaining that game might be I don’t see the Colts winning. 

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Hot takes are what this place is known for. However, in this case, is it really a hot take? Lamar Jackson is not a good passer... And most people felt that long before this game. I'm not saying the Ravens should give up on him... But quarterbacks like a more exposed the more they play. Unless he can drastically improve his passing game, he probably isn't going to last long... And this is coming from someone who thought Jackson had upside coming out.

Quality poster.

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Hot takes are what this place is known for. However, in this case, is it really a hot take? Lamar Jackson is not a good passer... And most people felt that long before this game. I'm not saying the Ravens should give up on him... But quarterbacks like a more exposed the more they play. Unless he can drastically improve his passing game, he probably isn't going to last long... And this is coming from someone who thought Jackson had upside coming out.

I mean, yes. But future improvement is always going to be needed for a 21 year old rookie. This was not an all-in run for his career.

Just now, y*so*blu said:

I remember reading that Baltimore was the worst possible matchup for the Chargers, and it looked that way the last time these teams played. Crazy how things can change.

Really the Seattle D thrives on stopping the run/bubble screens. They struggle when they're tested deep.

This couldn't be a better matchup for SD.. They really didn't have to worry about the passing game.

1 minute ago, y*so*blu said:

I remember reading that Baltimore was the worst possible matchup for the Chargers, and it looked that way the last time these teams played. Crazy how things can change.

Worst matchup for our offense, and it has shown.

6 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

He's literally under pressure every time he drops back lol.

I swear to god the "he's exposed" takes after one bad game are ridiculous. He's been under siege the entire game. NOBODY could play well under these conditions.

Sorry, but this has been the case for many different "innovative" offenses throughout the years. Something new, flashy comes along, and has immediate success. But once it gets on tape, give teams time to prepare, and suddenly gimmicks don't work. Same thing happened to the Wildcat, and pretty much all running quarterbacks. Jackson finally faced a team that has played him before. This will likely be the norm going forward, unless he takes some major leaps and bounds as a passer. 

I get that you believe in him, but it's on him to prove he can do it.

Just now, y*so*blu said:

Can't say I agree with whatever article you read. My opinion was quite the opposite that the Chargers were going to be  atough out for any team. The only AFC team I think has a real chance are the Chiefs.

2 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

If his coaches dont trust him to throw. Why should fans assume he can???

he hasnt thrown well all year, we need to see how he looks next year to figure out if he has a real future at qb. regardless of that, he doesnt/didnt give them the best chance to win when they were down big, theres no excuse for him staying in. 

Just now, The LBC said:

It always amazes me at the amount of people who gripe about Rivers talking trash on the field.  It's like no one ever paid attention to Dan Marino.

Fans are soft nowadays. Hits that people used to love fans scream bloody murder over. They don't know what trash talk is.

Archived