AFC Wild Card: Chargers @ Ravens

JAF-N72EX

Just now, goldfishwars said:

Haha - nah I genuinely think that. It's an awful matchup for the Patriots. 

One of the keys to beating the Pats is not getting in your own way. In other words, avoid Marlon McCree interception turned fumble situations. And then you have a shot to win.

7 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I think I'm concerned about how easily and quickly the TDs were given up at the end. Casey Hayward got complacent or something.

The big play Lamar made on the second touchdown drive was something out of Madden. I don't think you have to worry about Brady doing that. Otherwise I think the NE offense is going to have a hard time moving the ball consistently against the Chargers D.

Just now, The LBC said:

My bigger concern for the Chargers is that they don't bring the pass-rush in the way that usually throws Brady off, when pass rush manages to throw Brady off.  And I don't know that I have confidence in Bradley (even after today) to move Bosa more inside to try to achieve that end.

Yeah, that was the issue when we played them last year.

The thing the Chargers have going for them is they have been really good defending short passes all year. But they have been pretty bad against deep passes (which is why I didn't want any part of the Steelers again). 

Also I like the potential matchup of our backs and receivers on their linebackers. NE corners are really good though. 

2 minutes ago, game3525 said:

It should be a good game. The best home team in the league vs the best road team in the league (along with NO). 

Yup, gonna be a good one, at least I hope. 

Will be nice going against a QB I love too so if we lose it'll be easier. 

If Pats lose I'm hoping Rivers finally gets his ring 

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

I mean, if we're being fair.  If the Chargers lose, I want to watch the world burn in the wake of another Pats Super Bowl... with the caveat that I kinda want the Rams to have to go through the Pats in the Super Bowl - even though Brady/Gronk would utterly wreck the Rams Defense.

On a slightly different note, when I saw Russell Okung get flagged for holding on that critical play that would have ended the game - I just thought to myself as a Seahawks fan.... Some things in life just don't change.  Death, taxes, Okung holding

Just giving him a hard time.  I'm really glad the Chargers won the game because I wouldn't want him to live with that forever.

6 minutes ago, The LBC said:

My bigger concern for the Chargers is that they don't bring the pass-rush in the way that usually throws Brady off, when pass rush manages to throw Brady off.  And I don't know that I have confidence in Bradley (even after today) to move Bosa more inside to try to achieve that end.

I just think that with the Pats red zone woes this seasom, paired with that Chargers offense, I'm worried about how equipped this team is to keep up with that Chargers offense, because Baltimore's D is on a whole other level than NE

6 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Same here. A ring would hopefully get him the respect he deserves along with other QBs like Eli, Ben, and Brees.

8 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Yeah, that was the issue when we played them last year.

The thing the Chargers have going for them is they have been really good defending short passes all year. But they have been pretty bad against deep passes (which is why I didn't want any part of the Steelers again). 

Also I like the potential matchup of our backs and receivers on their linebackers. NE corners are really good though. 

Yea, our LBs are some of the slowest in the league

5 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I mean, if we're being fair.  If the Chargers lose, I want to watch the world burn in the wake of another Pats Super Bowl... with the caveat that I kinda want the Rams to have to go through the Pats in the Super Bowl - even though Brady/Gronk would utterly wreck the Rams Defense.

The ghost of Gronkowski past is wrecking no one anymore unfortunately 

1 minute ago, Boltstrikes said:

Gates is going to murder those LB’s. Ravens are the best defense in the league and they couldnt keep up with his pure speed. 

To be fair, the one wide open catch he made was against zone coverage where we dropped a DE into coverage. I don't think he actually outran anyone this game. He is still a monster at contested catches though.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

To be fair, the one wide open catch he made was against zone coverage where we dropped a DE into coverage. I don't think he actually outran anyone this game. He is still a monster at contested catches though.

i think....that was sarcastic lol

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He burned everyone I say! Pure speed. Time can’t even stop old man Gates. 

I’m just having a bit of fun. If we’re honest he wasn’t even supposed to be on the roster. When Hunter went down and the #1 TE was Virgil Green we brought him back hoping he could play 10 snaps a game. 

Just now, -Hope- said:

i think....that was sarcastic lol

NO U

Just now, Boltstrikes said:

He burned everyone I say! Pure speed. Time can’t even stop old man Gates. 

I’m just having a bit of fun. If we’re honest he wasn’t even supposed to be on the roster. When Hunter went down and the #1 TE was Virgil Green we brought him back hoping he could play 10 snaps a game. 

Gates will never let anything stop him producing. Not even adding 50 extra pounds when he thought he had retired for good lol

Archived