Travis Benjamin

turtle28

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Hmmm...I'd rather just see what we have now and maybe draft one

I just wish the draft happened before free agency.  I realize with all of the work that goes into the scouting side of things, that would be impractical- and if NFL FA followed the draft as currently set up, they wouldn't have the exposure during the NBA and Stanley Cup Finals that they do in March.  I just think a #4 receiver should be someone that gets drafted.  Mecole Hardman stands out as a guy in the mid rounds who is Travis Benjamin without the cap space and much younger. 

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Wait, what? I don’t understand this response at all. We need more speed on our offense and on top of that Benjamin can return kick offs and punts. He’d be a good #4 wr to have on our roster.

Isn't Paul Richardson supposed to be our speed guy? So you want another Paul Richardson from FA? Just draft one.

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I just wish the draft happened before free agency.  I realize with all of the work that goes into the scouting side of things, that would be impractical- and if NFL FA followed the draft as currently set up, they wouldn't have the exposure during the NBA and Stanley Cup Finals that they do in March.  I just think a #4 receiver should be someone that gets drafted.  Mecole Hardman stands out as a guy in the mid rounds who is Travis Benjamin without the cap space and much younger. 

Comes down to $ tbh. Free Agents make more on the front side.

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Isn't Paul Richardson supposed to be our speed guy? So you want another Paul Richardson from FA? Just draft one.

We need more than one speed person at WR. For years outside of Djax we had no top end speed at WR, before that we had Moss & Aldrick Robinson (special situation) and last decade and in the 90s, I feel like we had no top end speed at the position outside of Moss from 05-09.

It never hurts to add more speed. I don't see how wanting to add more speed to our WR corp - on the cheap through FA - is something that anyone would be against.

Also, Benjamin is a good to great return man, so we’d have that addition to our special teams as well.

Of course I’d like to draft someone as well but that's hit or miss and for us at WR - mostly miss - so I feel we should do both. I wouldn't give Benjamin a huge contract. I'd give him one where we could cut him in late August/early Sept like we did with Scandrick last year.

I'm not talking about giving a four-year $20 million deal to Benjamin. I'm talking about a vet min deal.

Archived