Actors you never need to see again

y*so*blu

58 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

There are several movies he's led that I enjoy.

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Point Break
Speed
Chain Reaction
The Devil's Advocate
The Matrix (first one only)
The Replacements
Henry's Crime (under rated gem that also has James Caan and Vera Farmiga in it)
John Wick

Not to mention he's got a few solid supporting roles like in Something's Gotta Give.  I've never seen Street Kings, but I've heard good things about that.  He has enough sense of humor about himself to voice the cat in Keanu, and he's legitimately one of the nicest and most generous guys in Hollywood.  The only notable cringeworthy performance I can think of his is when he played Don Jon in Kenneth Braghnah's Much Ado About Nothing.

He was awful in Dracula too, but otherwise your post is spot on.

3 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Bland and unconvincing actor who stays relevant because of his looks. Never saw a performance from him I liked. 

I won't condemn Will Farrell to the Production of No Return, because he's talented and a nice guy. I never found him very funny but I have nothing against him.

Watch John Wick then.

Melissa McCarthy

Amy Schumer

Adam Sandler

Tom Green

Marlon Wayans

Dane Cook

Kevin James

Jar Jar Binks

Skids and Mudflap

Title: The Most Unfunny Piece of Sh*t Movie You'll Ever Watch And Can't Unsee

Directed by: Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Melissa McCarthy

Amy Schumer

Adam Sandler

Tom Green

Marlon Wayans

Dane Cook

Kevin James

Jar Jar Binks

Skids and Mudflap

Title: The Most Unfunny Piece of Sh*t Movie You'll Ever Watch And Can't Unsee

Directed by: Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg

Freddy Got Fingered is a hidden piece of brilliance.

lifetime pass for that

2 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Freddy Got Fingered is a hidden piece of brilliance.

lifetime pass for that

Daddy would you like some sausage?   xD

Its probably the dumbest movie ever, but me and my military buddies used to laugh our ***** off quoting the movie.

Here are a few of my most disliked actors and actresses. 

Eva Green 

Will Patton

Cameron Diaz

James Franco

Dakota Fanning

Rosamund Pike

Michelle Williams 

Kate Hudson

Vin Diesel  

Michael Douglas

Jeff Bridges 

Jeff Bridges has been in good movies but he has also been pretty bad in more than a few movies I think.  Is a close call, where some of the other ones I dislike them in almost every movie they are in, mind you some that is their 'character' but really no that is their persona and sure being not likable helps when playing the villain and many of them are. 

The most hated movies I have seen, might be forgetting some:

The Shape of Water -
I really like Guillermo del Toro but this movie just flat out sucked.  Honestly it is not just a chick sleeping with some fish man thing, no yeah it basically is just that.

The story was so stolen for Pocahontas and I was never that super amazing by the animation anyway.  Oh but no they are giant things like way bigger than us but built the same way with arms and legs and a head, yeah right.  

The Fisher King -
Just never really got it and is one of the few Robin Williams movies I dislike, it was just weird.

The Bad Batch -
What an insult, fine director who made 'The Girl Who Walked Home Alone at Night' then made this trash, not even close to being good or cool or unique at all.

Mother! -
That movie was so bad and so stupid, it is arguably one of the worst movies Jennifer Lawrence has ever done not to mention Javier Bardem, what a waste.

Black Mass -
It has so been done before and this movie about a gangster was not done that well at all.  Interesting true story but that is it the movie sucked.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi - 
Not really a hated movie of mine but thought I would include it because the lack of original ideas in it is shocking, especially with a genre like SCIENCE FICTION.  Freaking be creative Disney, oh wait no they are Disney post 2003.

As for people not liking Melissa McCarthy, that is fine but she is easily one of the funniest female actors around no question.  Sure one can be oh she is 'fat' so I do not like her, but she is straight hilarious.  Her work on SNL is historic and very well done, that helps show her abilities.  And she is funny in Bridesmaids,  Spy, The Heat, Identity Thief,  Tammy and St. Vincent.  Sure again not a standard star but she is funny.

Also with Amy Schumer, I do not really call her an actress she is a comedian.  And those who do not think she is funny, fine but her skit on her show, '12 Angry Men Inside Amy Schumer' is historic and quite a hilarious parody.  One of the best in many years and it is damn funny, sure she is not really in the skit but she wrote a good deal of it and created the idea.  

On 1/7/2019 at 8:17 AM, BroncosFan2010 said:

I just cant bring myself to cast Will Ferrell into the pit of no return. I loved his older stuff. But he is just cashing checks recently, going for middle-of-the-road comedy that isnt funny but makes tons of money because it has a larger audience of rubes. Sorta like Sandler has done, but his 'good years' are way shorter than Ferrell's IMO. And there is good argument that his good movies are totally based on childhood nostalgia at this point. I am scared to rewatch Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore because I think I will hate them, but as a kid they were the ****.

Not only would I throw Ferrell in there. I would also weigh him down with a dumpster truck to make sure he can't somehow climb his way out.

11 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Not only would I throw Ferrell in there. I would also weigh him down with a dumpster truck to make sure he can't somehow climb his way out.

You must not like SNL, because Will Ferrell is arguably the best cast member ever and was the most versatile performer on that show has ever seen.  The guy can deliver one liners as good as anyone and rarely breaks character.  But his movie chops are impressive, Step Brothers and Anchorman are two of the most funny movies I have seen no question.  But sure there is a humor to him some do not like, I love the characters he plays and the lines he can drop.

All of these movies are good to great I feel.  In order from the most new ones to the older ones.  PS Stranger Than Fiction is not really a comedy but he is great in that movie and that is a wonderfully unique film I find.  Sure he is not Robin Williams or Jim Carey who can do amazing comedies then Oscar winning dramatic roles but so what.  Yes his work of late is not great but interested to see how he did in that new Holmes & Watson movie with John C Reilly.  

Get Hard

Anchorman 2

The Campaign

The Other Guys

Step Brothers

Semi-Pro

Blades of Glory 

Stranger Than Fiction

Talladega Nights

The Producers

Wedding Crashers (brief appereance)

Anchorman

Old School

Elf

Zoolander

A Night at the Roxbury

Austin Powers (brief appereance)  

The guy is hilarious and his blooper reels are just as good as anyone in film or TV.  This is a TV show I have never even seen, he was a character on the show and here were some of the bloopers.  If you can make fellow actors laugh like this, yeah you are good at dropping funny lines.

Not many actors could make this funny so quickly and in such a short time span.  Yeah he is good no doubt I feel and is really funny.  Sure he is more a short skit guy but that is obviously acting as well and pretty hard to do.  

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

You must not like SNL, because Will Ferrell is arguably the best cast member ever and was the most versatile performer on that show has ever seen.  The guy can deliver one liners as good as anyone and rarely breaks character.  But his movie chops are impressive, Step Brothers and Anchorman are two of the most funny movies I have seen no question.  But sure there is a humor to him some do not like, I love the characters he plays and the lines he can drop.

Lmao yea ok. No by the time Will Ferrell came along SNL was near flat line long since the days of Richard Pryor on there and the last great talents on SNL were Chris Farley and David Spade. Also you and I obviously don't see eye to eye when it comes to comedy. Keep in mind our chat about The Big Lebowski. IMO Step Brothers and Anchorman was the equivalent of a regurgitated BJ (giving end).

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

All of these movies are good to great I feel.  In order from the most new ones to the older ones.  PS Stranger Than Fiction is not really a comedy but he is great in that movie and that is a wonderfully unique film I find.  Sure he is not Robin Williams or Jim Carey who can do amazing comedies then Oscar winning dramatic roles but so what.  Yes his work of late is not great but interested to see how he did in that new Holmes & Watson movie with John C Reilly.  

Get Hard

Anchorman 2

The Campaign

The Other Guys

Step Brothers

Semi-Pro

Blades of Glory 

Stranger Than Fiction

Talladega Nights

The Producers

Wedding Crashers (brief appereance)

Anchorman

Old School

Elf

Zoolander

A Night at the Roxbury

Austin Powers (brief appereance)  

Sorry but I have only ever laughed at Will Ferrell in support roles. Dude is just not funny. He has no comic expression for me. He puts one perplexed face when something awkward or bad happens as if not knowing what to think or w/e the hell and everyone is supposed to laugh their a$$es off. It's not funny to me. I gave Talladega nights a shot and turned it off at the part where he's running around in his underwear yelling that he's on fire. Gave Blades of Glory a chance had a couple of almost giggles such as the Sex AA meeting but still pretty bad over all. Other guys was pretty bad and Mark Wahlberg was even worse then he was. Although I will give credit to Elf and A Night at the Roxbury. Probably because alot of both was probably not him writing the scenes and dialogue. H/e loved him in Old School, Wedding Crashers, somewhat The Producers and Austin Powers.

25 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Lmao yea ok. No by the time Will Ferrell came along SNL was near flat line long since the days of Richard Pryor on there and the last great talents on SNL were Chris Farley and David Spade. Also you and I obviously don't see eye to eye when it comes to comedy. Keep in mind our chat about The Big Lebowski. IMO Step Brothers and Anchorman was the equivalent of a regurgitated BJ (giving end).

Sorry but I have only ever laughed at Will Ferrell in support roles. Dude is just not funny. He has no comic expression for me. He puts one perplexed face when something awkward or bad happens as if not knowing what to think or w/e the hell and everyone is supposed to laugh their a$$es off. It's not funny to me. I gave Talladega nights a shot and turned it off at the part where he's running around in his underwear yelling that he's on fire. Gave Blades of Glory a chance had a couple of almost giggles such as the Sex AA meeting but still pretty bad over all. Other guys was pretty bad and Mark Wahlberg was even worse then he was. Although I will give credit to Elf and A Night at the Roxbury. Probably because alot of both was probably not him writing the scenes and dialogue. H/e loved him in Old School, Wedding Crashers, somewhat The Producers and Austin Powers.

That is fine, I think he is historic on SNL and sure Chris Farley was good but limited in who he could play.  Ferrell had so many memorable skits one loses count quite easily, if you count up all the unique characters good skits a cast member has been in, he is by far the best and it is not even really close.  Yeah Talladega Nights and Blades of Glory are probably the two worst movies he ever made but still have their moments.  

If he is not funny, then who exactly is in movies?  Trying to stay away from standup comedians of course.    I just watched The Big Lebowski yesterday, it was on TV and yeah to say that is some laugh riot movie, wow I do not see it.  Lucky for Jeff Bridges John Goodman and Steve Buscemi are in it because Bridges brings little to not comedy to the film outside of a know it all protagionist.  Different opinions obviously but I think Will is great and really funny.

16 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

That is fine, I think he is historic on SNL and sure Chris Farley was good but limited in who he could play.  Ferrell had so many memorable skits one loses count quite easily, if you count up all the unique characters good skits a cast member has been in, he is by far the best and it is not even really close.  Yeah Talladega Nights and Blades of Glory are probably the two worst movies he ever made but still have their moments.  

He was essentially the same character in every skit. I didn't every one of them but he is basically doing the same thing. The funniest thing about "More Cowbell" was Christopher Walken not him. Yea Chris Farley wasn't diverse either infact none of them really are besides the stars who may do an episode or two. Nothing Will Ferrell has done has even made my Top 10 of best SNL moments not even Top 20. And he got his first start off of one of SNL best sketch runs with Matt Foley the Motivational Speaker.

16 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

If he is not funny, then who exactly is in movies?  Trying to stay away from standup comedians of course.    I just watched The Big Lebowski yesterday, it was on TV and yeah to say that is some laugh riot movie, wow I do not see it.  Lucky for Jeff Bridges John Goodman and Steve Buscemi are in it because Bridges brings little to not comedy to the film outside of a know it all protagionist.  Different opinions obviously but I think Will is great and really funny.

How could you not find that funny? That's clever humor, and it's done throughout the entire movie. Some completely outlandish such as "Mark it Zero!" or subtle humor such as The Dude writing a .75 cent check for milk. And it's the type of movie where you can go back and find multiple things that you didn't even notice before that ties in so well with the rest of the story. The Coen Brothers are masters at getting the little details right. Ferrell has two type of comedies to him Cringe and Slapstick and neither he does well. I used to laugh hysterically at Adam Sandler movies yet I went back and watch Billy Madison when I was 19 and I was thinking "this is f*&king stupid".

Archived