1st & 5 or 2nd & 1

Centurion

1st & 5 or 2nd & 1?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. 1st & 5 or 2nd & 1

• 1st & 5
    • 2nd & 1

21 hours ago, jetjuice said:

Let's say on 2nd & 1 the defense gets a massive sack for loss. Then you're faced with say 3rd & 14 which is a tough conversion. If that happened on 1st & 5, then you have 2nd & 18 which is a little more reasonable to overcome with an extra down.

I'm sure if you analyzed the risk/reward percentages, it would say take 1st & 5. Majority of teams can run a 1st down play for at least 3-4 yards, which ultimately makes it just as safe of an option as 2nd & 1, and I'd imagine that with the extra down that the risk potential is lower. I personally want as many cracks at a big play as possible and you're a lot more unpredictable on 1st & 5 IMO, so I'd take 1st & 5 but I could see the argument both ways.

Then you deserve your fate because you should be running the football down their throat for one yard. Let's not Pete Carroll this thing and outsmart ourselves, haha.

2 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

Then you deserve your fate because you should be running the football down their throat for one yard. Let's not Pete Carroll this thing and outsmart ourselves, haha.

Hey man I'm not saying I'd do that I'm just throwing scenarios out there lol

Archived