So who do you want it to be?

Brit Pack

So who do you want it to be?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. With the first round of interviews almost over we are getting closer to finding our next HC, lets take a vote who do you want it to be???

• Adam Gase
    • Matt LaFleur
    • Todd Monken
    • Pete Carmichael
    • Brian Flores
    • Joe Philbin
    • Josh McDaniels
    • Jim Caldwell
    • Chuck Pagano
    • Mike Munchak
    • Dan Campbell

11 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Most alpha types prefernl to build their own legacy. I don't understand why so many people think McD is hell-bent on taking over for BB.

I suspect the odds are far more likely he'd prefer to build his own legacy somewhere else

I honestly think he wanted to for some time, but I think he's smart enough to realize that when BB leaves the team is probably going to take a dive. Brady will be gone, they traded away Jimmy, etc. Patriots have gone all in the past few years, not really caring about their future. Not sure McDaniels wants to inherit that. 

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

Is this the whole list? Can we rehire McCarthy instead? Ugh seriously not a good list.

Yeah, seems a little weak.  Here are the head coaches hired last year .. it doesn't seem all that much better to me.  Some of these guys went on to have strong debut seasons, but I didn't seem like a great class at the time.

• Mike Vrabel, Tennessee. ...
  • Pat Shurmur, New York Giants. ...
  • Matt Patricia, Detroit. ...
  • Steve Wilks, Arizona. ...
  • Jon Gruden, Oakland. ...
  • Matt Nagy, Chicago. ...
  • Frank Reich, Indianapolis

12 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Went with Lafleur. Can’t believe so many are hot on Gase. That seems like a guy who lost his team a little like MM. 

JM gives me a bad vibe too. What if BB leaves in a year or 2 and Kraft calls JM back? 

So many people think he wants to follow BB. Why would anyone want to do that, especially without Brady? The standard you're going to be held to would be so hard to live up to. I also don't see BB leaving soon. What else is he going to do without football?

Brady and Rodgers are tight. Brady has been so complimentary of Rodgers in the past. I'll bet he's telling McDaniels to go to GB.

12 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Went with Lafleur. Can’t believe so many are hot on Gase. That seems like a guy who lost his team a little like MM. 

JM gives me a bad vibe too. What if BB leaves in a year or 2 and Kraft calls JM back? 

He'll be under contract, if the Pats want him they can trade us picks for him.

14 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Would he want to go back to NE with BB and Brady gone?

7 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Would he want to go back to NE with BB and Brady gone?

Highly doubtful - who would?  I mean, IMO, the Patriots job post Belichick and Brady would be one of the least attractive coaching jobs.  I'd hate to follow in those shoes with those fans, LOL.

McDaniels knows his window to get out of dodge is closing fast - if not this year, then he'll be gone next year I imagine.

14 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Most alpha types prefernl to build their own legacy. I don't understand why so many people think McD is hell-bent on taking over for BB.

I suspect the odds are far more likely he'd prefer to build his own legacy somewhere else

Based on what?  He crawled back under Bill Belichick's thumb the second he could after bombing on his own in both Denver and St Louis.  He then stayed in New England when his first opportunity to leave was given.  It's pretty clear that Josh McDaniels doesn't want to build anything.  He wants to stay in the friendly confines of Bill Belichick's  offense.  If he leaves it's going to be for another plush situation. 

14 minutes ago, SSG said:

Based on what?  He crawled back under Bill Belichick's thumb the second he could after bombing on his own in both Denver and St Louis.  He then stayed in New England when his first opportunity to leave was given.  It's pretty clear that Josh McDaniels doesn't want to build anything.  He wants to stay in the friendly confines of Bill Belichick's  offense.  If he leaves it's going to be for another plush situation. 

All signs point to an rapidly approaching end to that dynasty.  If McD truly is a BB disciple, he'll take his advice and leave a year too soon rather than a year too late. 

There's no such thing as a "plush situation" in the NFL - GB is probably his best option to get out on a high note and try to re-establish his HC reputation.

Archived