So who do you want it to be?

Brit Pack

So who do you want it to be?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. With the first round of interviews almost over we are getting closer to finding our next HC, lets take a vote who do you want it to be???

• Adam Gase
    • Matt LaFleur
    • Todd Monken
    • Pete Carmichael
    • Brian Flores
    • Joe Philbin
    • Josh McDaniels
    • Jim Caldwell
    • Chuck Pagano
    • Mike Munchak
    • Dan Campbell

27 minutes ago, Norm said:

The shift of ppl coming around on McDaniels compared to a couple months ago lol

It doesn't change the fact that he's still an arse hat.  He may be a brilliant offensive mind, but he's not the most trustworthy of guys.

You know what, though? I am actually quite curious about Pete Carmichael now that I think of it.

He was high on my preliminary list then I just kind of cooled on him a bit because some stuff gave me a little bit of a Philbin vibe with him.

Then again, Philbin was not wholly bad as interim, and it worked well with Rodgers (who publicly vouched for him). So if his floor in Philbin tier, that's a relatively safe option (though I can understand why safe is not exactly "in" right now).

But then, what's the ceiling? Well, the guy was Sean Payton's understudy for years. I can get kinda excited for bringing that insight to our current group on offense....

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It doesn't change the fact that he's still an arse hat.  He may be a brilliant offensive mind, but he's not the most trustworthy of guys.

Wasn't really debating that. Just that now he's the clear majority when that was not at all the case before. Then again everyone seemed to want the Vikings guy who got fired lol

Just now, Norm said:

Wasn't really debating that. Just that now he's the clear majority when that was not at all the case before. Then again everyone seemed to want the Vikings guy who got fired lol

I think most viewed DeFilippo as the conservative coach.  Not their preferred choice.

1 minute ago, MantyWrestler said:

Went with Lafleur. Can’t believe so many are hot on Gase. That seems like a guy who lost his team a little like MM. 

JM gives me a bad vibe too. What if BB leaves in a year or 2 and Kraft calls JM back? 

There isn't much he could do about it .. he'd be under contract.  The Packers could get a kings ransom in draft picks .. might be a win for the Packers.

6 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Went with Lafleur. Can’t believe so many are hot on Gase. That seems like a guy who lost his team a little like MM. 

JM gives me a bad vibe too. What if BB leaves in a year or 2 and Kraft calls JM back? 

What talent has Adam Gase really had to work with?  Ryan Tannehill (started 24 games in Gase's 3 seasons as Dolphins' HC) was 13-11 as the starting QB for the Dolphins.  Posted two of his 3 highest CMP% of his career.  But their offensive talent is bad.  They've got Kenny Stills and that's about it.  It's a really bad offensive unit, and they were still decent.

Just now, Jaire_Island said:

MM is leaps and bounds better than 0 voted guys on that list. 

Packers fans know what they are doing.. :D

I think there's a good argument to be made that McCarthy is the best coaching candidate available on the market.

It was just time for him to depart the Packers.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think there's a good argument to be made that McCarthy is the best coaching candidate available on the market.

Pre 2014 NFCCG Mccarthy is the best coaching candidate available on the market.

Post 2014 NFCCG McCarthy not so great..

Went with LaFleur

He has been on a nice collection of coaching staffs

Gary Kubiak, Sean McVay, Mike Shanahan (Kyle Shanahan), Mike Vrabel

Looking at someone that has had exposure to a lot of differing views and systems, takes the best of each and molds his own system.   whether that will be a good one is the unknown.

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Totally agree. MM will do very well wherever he lands as long as his QB doesn’t get too big for his own good again on him.

Now that I’ve praised him a ton, he really needs to prove he can develop QB’s and may need to alter the reps or do something different to allow youngers guys to be better prepared. If he can do that he still has a long career ahead of himself. 

39 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Most alpha types prefernl to build their own legacy. I don't understand why so many people think McD is hell-bent on taking over for BB.

I suspect the odds are far more likely he'd prefer to build his own legacy somewhere else

Archived