Divisional round

BillSabre

24 minutes ago, Danger said:

No, we won't be getting rid of Carson Wentz any time soon. No reason to ditch someone who's better than either Aikman or Staubach

Haha gotta win a SB to be in that conversation with Aikman, Staubach, or even Foles.

Hell he has to win a playoff game to even be in Dak conversation. :P

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Haha gotta win a SB to be in that conversation with Aikman, Staubach, or even Foles.

Hmmmm.

Being thrown to the wayside isn't a conversation Carson Wentz could ever be a part of. He's actually a great QB.

Just now, Danger said:

Hmmmm.

Being thrown to the wayside isn't a conversation Carson Wentz could ever be a part of. He's actually a great QB.

Meh hard to tell on crutches. He basically a 38 year old Romo having to be carted on and off the field with a stretcher.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Lol he messing with ya Matts. Trying to get you riled up.

Yes and no. QBs are better physically, statistically, and mentally in just about every way today than they were in either Staubach or Aikman's era. If we account for era, Staubach is obviously better. Aikman played pretty good, but his team played even better. Regardless, Carson's career is still in it's infancy, so there's really no fair way to say that. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Ive debated enough with him to think he is likely serious. 

Ah says the guy plays Schrodingers arsehole. You say something and decide whether or not you're serious based on the level of response you get. If someone points out your faulty logic, "Dude just chill out, I'm trollin lol k m8"

Me being objective about Wentz:

He's a top 10 QB, potentially top 5. He's had a few injuries, but that said, I do believe in his ability to stay healthy. He probably could have played this season if he really needed to, but they chose to play it safe given they have a back up as good as Nick Foles. That said Nick Foles is not Carson Wentz, and does not bring nearly as much to the table as Wentz. 

People said Embiid couldn't stay healthy. Carson absolutely can. He didn't have the off season this year to really get himself into the best playing shape. Now if Wentz misses significant time next season due to injury, then I will reflect on this and change my tune accordingly.

49 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

No you don't. Aikman is hot garbage. Winning a Super Bowl is not required to be asserted above Aikman. I'd take Warren Moon, Philip Rivers, Ken Anderson or Dan Marino over Aikman and none of them have won a Super Bowl. 

And I think Wentz is playing at a higher level right now than Aikman ever did. 

1 hour ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

No you don't. Aikman is hot garbage. Winning a Super Bowl is not required to be asserted above Aikman. I'd take Warren Moon, Philip Rivers, Ken Anderson or Dan Marino over Aikman and none of them have won a Super Bowl. 

And I think Wentz is playing at a higher level right now than Aikman ever did. 

Dan Fouts.

Archived