Divisional round

BillSabre

9 hours ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

No you don't. Aikman is hot garbage. Winning a Super Bowl is not required to be asserted above Aikman. I'd take Warren Moon, Philip Rivers, Ken Anderson or Dan Marino over Aikman and none of them have won a Super Bowl. 

And I think Wentz is playing at a higher level right now than Aikman ever did. 

Are people so blind to Wentz's hype that their forgetting hes injured right now?

10 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Are people so blind to Wentz's hype that their forgetting hes injured right now?

After the 2nd season, I envisioned a slightly better Ben Roethlisberger. You get caught up in the hype and all these ridiculous plays he's making (basically every time he plays the Skins) that if you step back and take a deep breath, you start to see he's on more of a Cam Newton career trajectory. That's not a shot at Cam. I love Cam. But you get this one out-of-this-world season and you convince yourself it's sustainable. Then each year passes and although he's playing well, he never returns to that elite level whether it be due to nagging injuries or the fact that the one season was frankly just an anomaly. 

If Carson stays and Nick leaves, the fans are going to have these unrealistic expectations that lead to the fanbase constantly whining and complaining that he can't do what Nick did. And Carson year after year, after every rough patch, is going to have to respond to irrational local media questions/comments as to why he can't duplicate that 2017 season or do what Nick did. Eagles fans, if you think rationally, you know I'm right.

23 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

After the 2nd season, I envisioned a slightly better Ben Roethlisberger. You get caught up in the hype and all these ridiculous plays he's making (basically every time he plays the Skins) that if you step back and take a deep breath, you start to see he's on more of a Cam Newton career trajectory. That's not a shot at Cam. I love Cam. But you get this one out-of-this-world season and you convince yourself it's sustainable. Then each year passes and although he's playing well, he never returns to that elite level whether it be due to nagging injuries or the fact that the one season was frankly just an anomaly. 

If Carson stays and Nick leaves, the fans are going to have these unrealistic expectations that lead to the fanbase constantly whining and complaining that he can't do what Nick did. And Carson year after year, after every rough patch, is going to have to respond to irrational local media questions/comments as to why he can't duplicate that 2017 season or do what Nick did. Eagles fans, if you think rationally, you know I'm right.

and if we get rid of wentz and foles cant sustain success for 16 games people will be pissed we shipped wentz. Too many if this and if that in this foles vs wentz conversation. 

4 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

and if we get rid of wentz and foles cant sustain success for 16 games people will be pissed we shipped wentz. Too many if this and if that in this foles vs wentz conversation. 

It's a lot easier to face criticism when you're the guy that brought in Philly's first Lombardi.

I will say this game in New Orleans will go a long way in determining what happens. If Nick puts up a dud and we get rolled like we did earlier this year, then he's for sure gone. But if he pulls off the upset and has a great performance, the likelihood of Wentz getting traded skyrockets.

17 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Most of you boys have LAC beating NE.

If they can go into 25 degrees New England, after 3 cross-country flights in 6 days, with it being 10 weeks since their bye - and beat the team that is undefeated at home - then hats right off to them, they thoroughly deserve it. 

The Chargers are just a better team than the Patriots, plain and simple.

Sure, those things might play a part - but if this is going to be a defensive game, I'll take the team with the better defense and that's LA.

It obviously wouldn't be a surprise to see the Patriots win because they are at home - but them being 8-0 doesn't mean a whole lot to me for one game played against a superior team. The only team they played at home that's close to the Chargers level was the Chiefs, and that's a game the Patriots easily could have lost - so not one I would use to inspire confidence going forward.

3 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I like you. :)

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

He's actually delusional.

Everyone that's saying they would still get rid of Foles if he wins another Super Bowl: The guy that has the perfect girlfriend that gives him everything he wants. But then he complains about disproportionate earlobes and convinces himself he can do better.

We go damn near 6 decades without a title, we FINALLY find someone that can get us over the hump and win big games, and all we wanna talk about is, "Dat 3 quarters of a season with Wentz doe!"

And I'm the delusional one.....

4 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

But you get this one out-of-this-world season and you convince yourself it's sustainable. 

You’re doing the same thing with BDN...🤔

Idk what happened to you, Art?  You’re clouded by Nick’s Giant Anaconda in that honeymoon phase or maybe someone slipped you some B60 juice or maybe even Ttrraavviiss hijacked your account, but this is far from rational at this point. 

20 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

You’re doing the same thing with BDN...🤔

Idk what happened to you, Art?  You’re clouded by Nick’s Giant Anaconda in that honeymoon phase or maybe someone slipped you some B60 juice or maybe even Ttrraavviiss hijacked your account, but this is far from rational at this point. 

BDN is laminated on my celebrity top 5 but that's beside point ;)

Nick's doing the same thing he did last year though. He's proving it wasn't fluke. We have empirical evidence that Nick is a great fit for this team and can show up in the biggest games. Instead of acknowledging this, we're taking what Carson did from Sep-Nov in 2017 and extrapolating that over a 15 year span while ignoring his injury history.

A healthy QB that just wins. Even if its not always pretty.

An unhealthy QB that looks pretty spectacular when he is playing. 

My God, the Eagles are having their own Romo vs Dak. Not exactly the same, but not totally different either. 

5 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

You don’t think that flows the both ways? We trade Wentz, Foles doesn’t have the 3/4 of the season to chill on the bench and he looks just like he did the every time he started the season.  Perhaps after a few years of roster turnover we won’t even have the personnel to cater to his game.

You realize how high the expectations will be for Foles if we get rid of Wentz?  He would be held to the standard of a super bowl mvp.  If he performs worse than that, it won’t take long for the hindsight to kick in. 

Archived