Divisional round

BillSabre

16 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Only cowboy fans will find a way to clown a team for winning the SB. Think about that and think how insane they have to be. 

HA YOU WON THE SB LOLOLOLOL 

Who does that? Like really think about that. And how petty you have to be lol. Not even a petty person would do that. They’ll know right from wrong. 

Are you of all people calling others petty? And making the implication that someone is ungrateful and slightly delusional about their prospects going foward is not being petty. That's trying to throw some realism at them.

1 minute ago, KellChippy said:

Maybe I am. He was top ten his rookie year, what happened in between?

The same thing that happened to Wentz his rookie year, specifically whenever you guys lost Lane Johnson.

Our o-line has been a bottom 10 pass blocking unit since Tyron Smith was injured last year. Our offensive weapons have also been injured, missing time or not on the roster in the case of Cooper.

It's no surprise that foles is doing better right now, it coincides with other positions on the Eagles also doing much better.

it's almost like football is a team game, and the quarterback does better whenever he has a stronger supporting cast. Coaching also helps a ton, obviously.

I don't understand why someone would post a bunch of stats to prove which player is better. We can literally watch them play and find out which QB is better. I don't think there's a single person of relevance in football who would take Dak over Goff. Not one. Just watch them play it's obvious which one is the better passer.

Either way, the last few days have shown me how insecure and at the same time arrogant Cowboys fans can be. Should be a fun one Saturday!

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Are you of all people calling others petty? And making the implication that someone is ungrateful and slightly delusional about their prospects going foward is not being petty. That's trying to throw some realism at them.

This implied what you’ve been saying about Foles and Wentz. Don’t act all hurt now doll face. Smile like the clown in the avy. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

it's almost like football is a team game, and the quarterback does better whenever he has a stronger supporting cast. Coaching also helps a ton, obviously.

And Dak so far looks like a guy that struggles to get to 200 passing  yds when he doesn’t have a great team around him. 

8 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

The Chargers are just a better team than the Patriots, plain and simple.

Sure, those things might play a part - but if this is going to be a defensive game, I'll take the team with the better defense and that's LA.

It obviously wouldn't be a surprise to see the Patriots win because they are at home - but them being 8-0 doesn't mean a whole lot to me for one game played against a superior team. The only team they played at home that's close to the Chargers level was the Chiefs, and that's a game the Patriots easily could have lost - so not one I would use to inspire confidence going forward.

LA may be the better defense on a neutral field, but not in NE. The NE defense has been really good at home. Their defense has been like night and day - very good at home, very bad on the road. I'd probably take the NE defense at home over the LAC defense on the road with all the traveling the Chargers have had to do in a short time, along with the cold weather.

I am expecting a very closely matched, physical game. Should be fun.

36 minutes ago, KellChippy said:

And Dak so far looks like a guy that struggles to get to 200 passing  yds when he doesn’t have a great team around him. 

Dak had averaged 250 yards for his career first of all; and secondly efficiency is king - not bulk. Dak looked amazing with an amazing cast. Has looked top 10 with a good cast. And looked bottom 10 with an awful cast. 

You could say the same about a lot of good QBs.

19 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak had averaged 250 yards for his career first of all; and secondly efficiency is king - not bulk. Dak looked amazing with an amazing cast. Has looked top 10 with a good cast. And looked bottom 10 with an awful cast. 

You could say the same about a lot of good QBs.

I actually like Dak as a player more than most. A Lot of his game needs work, but there is clearly a lot to work with.  Not sure if he’ll ever be a difference maker with plus throws, but that may not matter.  

Looks like his career average is 226 ypg though, or 230 of you don’t include the last game of 2016.

7 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

BDN is laminated on my celebrity top 5 but that's beside point ;)

Nick's doing the same thing he did last year though. He's proving it wasn't fluke. We have empirical evidence that Nick is a great fit for this team and can show up in the biggest games. Instead of acknowledging this, we're taking what Carson did from Sep-Nov in 2017 and extrapolating that over a 15 year span while ignoring his injury history.

Okay, but when both players are healthy, who is better: Wentz or Foles?  Who has the stronger arm?  The escapability/maneuvering under pressure?  Who has the better numbers?  The better all-around talent?  Who is younger? 

All logic points to Carson, it's that simple.  Even coming back too soon and with a broken back, Carson still put up better numbers than Nick (Im pretty sure).  You can't just assume that Carson is always gonna be injured.  That would be extremely shortsighted.  You're only counterargument you cite is essentially that you can't trust Carson cause he might get injured...Gee, where have we heard that before?! 🤔 🤔 🤔

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I hope we do extend Garrett. He is a great leader. 

And if we can take total stats, than can you explain why Goff has more INT's in less game? Or how Dak is better in efficiency stats? Especially seeing as he has done it under a much worse, in your opinion, coach? 

Dak overcoming crappy coaching and STILL has had a better career? How was Goff with Fisher? 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh god. I've missed you @Matts4313

And to make it even better, since I've been away from FF for the last month or two for work, youve also expanded your horizons. Good for you buddy. Now instead of just trolling our sub forum with your obtuse and insane posts, youve gone on to far greater things....

Like, posting moronic threads in NFL Gen as well. And starting hilariously terrible arguments where you try and convince everyone that Dak is the next Tom Brady (Im not using hyperbole here people, he really actually said this and 100% meant it). 

And on such rare occasions where you are actually self aware and notice how nobody is agreeing with you, you just pretend like you were trolling the whole time. "Hey guys, this guy Randy Gregory is a top 5 DE" ......*crickets*......"PSYCH! HAHA! GOT YOU, YOU IDIOTS!"

Its like the kid that thinks everyone's laughing with him, when theyre laughing AT him. Stay you bro. You're unique. Not everyone can claim to be that.

Oh god. I cant believe you just called The Clapper a "great leader". Whats he great at leading? 

I mean he is probably perfect at being one of those people who, in a giant crowd, is the first one to begin to slowly clap after some crappy middle school play, thus leading the rest of the crowd to clap out of pity. 

So I suppose in a way, he is a great leader

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

A healthy QB that just wins. Even if its not always pretty.

An unhealthy QB that looks pretty spectacular when he is playing. 

My God, the Eagles are having their own Romo vs Dak. Not exactly the same, but not totally different either. 

Whoa, whoa, whoa...I know you just didn't imply that Dak is comparable to BDN?!

6 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

So your franchise is screwed either way. 

Screwed?!  Far from it...HowieDaGod will get it done.  We got the best GM, the best Coach, the best and biggest phallic-ed QB along with another young, potential MVP-level QB.  I would say we are good either way...

23 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Okay, but when both players are healthy, who is better: Wentz or Foles?  Who has the stronger arm?  The escapability/maneuvering under pressure?  Who has the better numbers?  The better all-around talent?  Who is younger? 

All logic points to Carson, it's that simple.  Even coming back too soon and with a broken back, Carson still put up better numbers than Nick (Im pretty sure).  You can't just assume that Carson is always gonna be injured.  That would be extremely shortsighted.  You're only counterargument you cite is essentially that you can't trust Carson cause he might get injured...Gee, where have we heard that before?! 🤔 🤔 🤔

@Art_Vandalay is most likely literally the only Eagles fan who truly believes that keeping Foles and trading Wentz is a smart move.

And I love how he continues to just ignore the fact that Foles has had ONE season (not even a full one) in his 27/2 magical year. The rest of his starts? When he started 2014 as the #1, played so bad that Mark Sanchez literally came in for him after Foles was injured (OH HEY LOOK! FOLES GETS INJURED!)  And proceeded to outplay Foles. Then a few terrible games in St. Louis, one meaningless game in KC where his team won in spite of him, last years magical playoff run in which he played 5 games as the starter, looking horrible in 3 of them (NFCCG and SB being the outliers), and then this season's (so far) 4 games I believe. He was fantastic in almost all of them. A whole 3 games. And he was, aside from really the last drive, mostly not good at all yesterday despite being protected better than anyone could have hoped for by our OL against that Chicago pass rush. 

So @Art_Vandalay tell me what evidence is there that Foles, if he were to be the main QB of our team for a season, would not only just stay healthy, but be able to play well all season not just for a month. Foles is great in the role hes been in. Being the back up to Carson, the real star of the team and clear superior talent, and coming in and playing essentially with zero expectations pinned on him. He would never even win a playoff game for us as our #1 for a whole season. Because hed first have to win enough games to get there. Which wouldnt happen.

I dont wanna sound like Im dumping on BDN. I freaking love the guy (his U of A alumni status withstanding). He played an integral part in delivering a SB to Philly,  in one of the truly greatest moments of my 27 year old existence. 

BUT Carson is our future. Carson isnt Sam Bradford or RGIII. Please anyone who says this, go throw yourself off a bridge. He doesn't have degenerative knee issues, while also relying on pure athleticism. Hes one of the most gifted QBs Ive ever watched not just physically with his arm, escapability, etc but also cerebrally.....he has the mind of a truly elite QB. He doesnt need a dumbed down offense based around quick reads/RPOs. 

The issue isnt that Nick is a better fit or QB. Its that Doug has been able to build an offense around Nick's strengths and weaknesses almost perfectly. Whereas with Wentz, he is still figuring it out. Which makes total sense to me. Pederson and Foles can relate to one another a hell of a lot more than Pederson and Wentz can. As QBs I mean

19 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh god. I've missed you @Matts4313

And to make it even better, since I've been away from FF for the last month or two for work, youve also expanded your horizons. Good for you buddy. Now instead of just trolling our sub forum with your obtuse and insane posts, youve gone on to far greater things....

Like, posting moronic threads in NFL Gen as well. And starting hilariously terrible arguments where you try and convince everyone that Dak is the next Tom Brady (Im not using hyperbole here people, he really actually said this and 100% meant it). 

And on such rare occasions where you are actually self aware and notice how nobody is agreeing with you, you just pretend like you were trolling the whole time. "Hey guys, this guy Randy Gregory is a top 5 DE" ......*crickets*......"PSYCH! HAHA! GOT YOU, YOU IDIOTS!"

Its like the kid that thinks everyone's laughing with him, when theyre laughing AT him. Stay you bro. You're unique. Not everyone can claim to be that.

Oh god. I cant believe you just called The Clapper a "great leader". Whats he great at leading? 

I mean he is probably perfect at being one of those people who, in a giant crowd, is the first one to begin to slowly clap after some crappy middle school play, thus leading the rest of the crowd to clap out of pity. 

So I suppose in a way, he is a great leader

Relax

Archived