Divisional round

BillSabre

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Here is another important thing. BaconRad, read 3x's so you understand: CONTEXT MATTERS WHEN DISCUSSING CONVERSATIONS

That was said in his *ROOKIE* season and during the time he broke Tom Bradys passes without an INT to start a career record. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just like the other thing the dumb Eagles posters like to point out. I pointed out a laundry list of statistical categories that Dak > Wentz after their *ROOKIE* years. The argument went on and on for days. Literally one post said "Dak is better at A, B, C, D, E, F"; which in *CONTEXT* was discussing statistically after their rookie season. The ridiculous Eagles posters like to quote it as if I said those things yesterday. 

Answer this. Dak was the best rookie QB during that first year no one could deny. But is it not obvious to you that he’s clearly the 3rd QB best now behind Goff and Wentz? 

Or do you believe Dak is one?!

11 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

So were knocking someone for playing through a season with a minor injury?

You're continuing to ignore the point. "Oh the injuries aren't that serious." These injuries he sustains every year impact his performance and availability, right? That's a problem. If he occasionally gets dinged up but still comes out on Sunday's and balls out, that's fine. That's what most players do. But Carson doesn't fall in that category. Yeah, relatively speaking, the broken ribs weren't a huge deal but it was the start of an alarming trend. We tell ourselves he'll be 100% next year and that's when he'll return to early 2017 form. But is that realistic or are we just crossing our fingers and being hopeful?

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

No I didnt. 

This is once again a very clear example of your reading comprehension skills. 

Oh you didnt?

Gosh darn it. I am so stupid. Cleary this thread 

.....Is obviously about something else that Im too dumb to figure out

2 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Hey @Matts4313 i know I'm such an idiot that my ability to understand complex ideas such as sarcasm or context is akin to that of a 5 year old...but would you be a doll and help me through this thread Im trying to read? My tiny brain just isnt able to process all these big words.

Its this thread that someone made a few weeks ago about the Dallas Cowboys being like, the victims of some sort of conspiracy (whatever that word means, its too big for me to understand) involving the NFL referees?

Thanks bud

No. There was not. Go read it again. And keep reading it. 

IIRC the very first sentence was something along the lines of "No, I dont think there is any sort of conspiracy, the refs are just super inconsistent". And it was explained repeatedly that the thread title was just goofy click bait attempt, but the real content was the discrepancy in calls between teams. 

Once again, most people understood. 

Once again, you didnt. 

Which is funny, because in the Eagles forum I even said "LOL, thats going to rile people up!" or something similar. 

Who uses QB rating to prove anything? 

QBR, which is a better but not above flawed stat, is a more complete way to quantify a QBs performance. In which Dak has regressed each year. 

Dak had a slightly better year than Stafford. But Dak has a good defense and run game to lean on. One was 10-6. The other 6-10. He’s a capable guy and a decent QB. But the difference in the guys mentioned is that Wentz and Goff can be leaned on to an extent while Dak needs to lean for his teams to be successful. Pretty simple. The more you count on Dak, the worse the outcome. 

3 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Answer this. Dak was the best rookie QB during that first year no one could deny. But is it not obvious to you that he’s clearly the 3rd QB best now behind Goff and Wentz? 

Or do you believe Dak is one?!

Nope. Ive been on record that Wentz is the best of the 3. Goff is better under McVay. 

Dak is a border line top 10 QB. Those other two are top 10.

Oh so it was a joke thread?

Boy you sure do go to extreme lengths of time and energy to defend statements you make "in jest".

And Yeah, I know what your first sentence was. But just because you said it, doesnt mean that the rest of your wild and ludicrous posts in that thread dont literally all but point to exactly the opposite of what you first said. 

That's where that one thing you taught me about comes in. Context i think it was.

1 minute ago, BAConrad said:

Oh you didnt?

Gosh darn it. I am so stupid. Cleary this thread 

.....Is obviously about something else that Im too dumb to figure out

Yup. See my other response. Hell Ill even quote from the thread to help you out:

Before you immediately dismiss, realize that I dont think this is a grand conspiracy. More-so I think its been bad luck + bad refs. 

The thread title was in jest.

As I said in the opening, I dont think there is a league wide conspiracy. I just thought it was interesting that our opponents have gotten the most calls going for them 3 years running.

The funny part is not really though. Most people are dumb though and didnt read what I wrote, just the thread title. 

I like laughing at dumb people.

On 12/18/2018 at 8:03 AM, Matts4313 said:
On 12/18/2018 at 4:31 AM, childofpudding said:

I dont think the OP proves the refs are against the Cowboys

TBH I dont think the OP was trying to prove that. I think he was just pointing out how poor the refs are and used a click baity headline due to his team being on of the teams on the wrong end of this stat. 

3 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Oh so it was a joke thread?

Boy you sure do go to extreme lengths of time and energy to defend statements you make "in jest".

And Yeah, I know what your first sentence was. But just because you said it, doesnt mean that the rest of your wild and ludicrous posts in that thread dont literally all but point to exactly the opposite of what you first said. 

That's where that one thing you taught me about comes in. Context i think it was.

You are really bad at this. 

No it was not a joke thread. It was a click bait joke title. 

The thread was about how wild the discrepancy in penalties. Which is a legit topic to discuss. But please, if you want to continue discussing that thread.... do it in that thread. feel free to point out any ludicrous statements you find. 

15 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Who uses QB rating to prove anything? 

QBR, which is a better but not above flawed stat, is a more complete way to quantify a QBs performance. In which Dak has regressed each year. 

Dak had a slightly better year than Stafford. But Dak has a good defense and run game to lean on. One was 10-6. The other 6-10. He’s a capable guy and a decent QB. But the difference in the guys mentioned is that Wentz and Goff can be leaned on to an extent while Dak needs to lean for his teams to be successful. Pretty simple. The more you count on Dak, the worse the outcome. 

QB rating has a higher correlation than QBR when measuring correlation to winning. The best measurement is ANY/A. In fact ANY/A is the *only* stat that has a decent correlation to winning. 

Career/2018

Wentz - 6.31/6.89

Goff - 6.85/7.69

Prescott - 6.56/6.22

Prescotts is career # isheavily carried by his rookie year, but it also saw a large uptick post Cooper. There is no doubt the games from Falcons '17 to Titans '18 were really bad for Dak. 

First off, is that you referring to yourself in the third person in that last part?

Also, what does any of what u jusr showed me prove? 

Youre just showing posts that YOU posted yourself, in which you go back and forth between being serious about the refs being biased against Dallas and you going around calling everyone dumb, and how you are just a troll because you "love laughing at dumb people"

*Starts a serious thread about how Nick Foles is the GOAT.*

*Takes an hour to find numbers and charts to try and prove my point*

*realizes Ill need to save face or at least try to, so I insert some statement about how im TOTALLY JOKING THOUGH*

*only I turn around and go pages and pages off arguing my point with a bunch of other people who all clearly see my idiocy in my point*

*goes back to saying JOKES ON YOU IDIOTS! YOURE ALL MORONS HAHAHAHA HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY BELIEVE ME???  I MEAN ITS NOT LIKE I SPENT HOURS ARGUING.....wait crap*

Thats me if I were you

39 minutes ago, KellChippy said:

Nah my man crush put up 200+ against the Bears last week. I just don’t let emotions cloud my decision making.

Then it's pretty lousy decision making. You don't even really know how Wentz would perform in a big game. There are plenty of big name passers that do great in the regular season but are not able to bring it post season.

Also, Ive just recently noticed how ever sincd you came back from your shameful self-exile, how often and how much you love to call so many people morons or idiots. 

Im no Sigmund Freud, but methinks you're trying really hard to deflect. 

Its like the thief who constantly is accusing others of stealing.

10 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

QBR, which is a better

No, no it is not.

Passer rating is simply a passer rating. It isn't a who is best rating. The best rated passer may not have had the best season by a QB. It doesn't care about fumbles or rushing yards or how many sacks you take, it is a QB passing efficiency stat.

QBR is just rubbish. They take all of the flaws and omitted items from passer rating and put their own spin on it and it fails way too often. They try to determine who is the best player at QB. If you agree Trubisky was the 3rd best player at QB then maybe their system is better.

Archived