Divisional round

BillSabre

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

QB rating has a higher correlation than QBR when measuring correlation to winning. The best measurement is ANY/A. In fact ANY/A is the *only* stat that has a decent correlation to winning. 

Career/2018

Wentz - 6.31/6.89

Goff - 6.85/7.69

Prescott - 6.56/6.22

Prescotts is career # isheavily carried by his rookie year, but it also saw a large uptick post Cooper. There is no doubt the games from Falcons '17 to Titans '18 were really bad for Dak. 

I kinda just stumbled in here as Bacon tagged me. And I honestly didn’t even want to get started. I just noticed you trying to pass off QB rating as something of value. I don’t think it’s news to Cowboy fans that Dak, when missing Zeke, is a different QB. And has regressed from the rookie Dak. Granted, better this year than year two. I honestly don’t think it’s even fair to compare the three. Dak just isn’t asked to do the same things. 

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Then it's pretty lousy decision making. You don't even really know how Wentz would perform in a big game. There are plenty of big name passers that do great in the regular season but are not able to bring it post season.

Has Wentz ever even played in a big game? Legit question. Like a "win this game to make the playoffs" or any game of magnitude ever in the NFL?

3 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Also, Ive just recently noticed how ever sincd you came back from your shameful self-exile, how often and how much you love to call so many people morons or idiots. 

Im no Sigmund Freud, but methinks you're trying really hard to deflect. 

Its like the thief who constantly is accusing others of stealing.

You like to keep making weird fictional scenarios to base your opinion on. You have not yet one time shown where I have done anything you claimed. I think that is dumb. 

Just like I think its dumb to twist peoples words. 

Just like I think its dumb to form an opinion to based on a thread title or a few words. 

Plus I am a lot more grumpy in my old age. 

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I don’t think it’s news to Cowboy fans that Dak, when missing Zeke, is a different QB. And has regressed from the rookie Dak. Granted, better this year than year two. I honestly don’t think it’s even fair to compare the three. Dak just isn’t asked to do the same things. 

I still feel like this is a myth perpetuated by the media. Dak's decline in play didnt have to do with Zeke. It had to do with Smith. Dak's worst attributes (pocket presences, footwork) are compounded greatly when the OL plays terrible. Its been a terrible pass blocking unit the last season and a half. Our run game performance actually increased last year when Zeke missed time (which is a whole different conversation).

Saying Dak isnt asked to do the same things is a bit unclear, although I guess fair. But its also fair to say that Dak has by far the worst OC and offensive scheme. Who knows, maybe with a 'McVay' he would get the opportunity to do what others do. Might even be better at it. 

The Chiefs had NFL's second-worst passing defense in 2018, the Colts have Andrew Luck. The Chiefs gave up 5.0 yards per carry this year (second-worst in the NFL), the Colts have a running back who averages 4.7 yards per carry and a quarterback who can scramble. The Chiefs tied for the league-lead in sacks with 52, the Colts hardly ever let Andrew Luck get sacked (He was sacked a league-low 18 times). 

Just trying to steer this back to division talk. 

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Its pretty ironic both Dallas and Philly have backup QBs starting in these playoff games.  

I think thinking of Dak as the greatest backup QB in Dallas Cowboys history is actually pretty appropriate

9 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

No, no it is not.

Passer rating is simply a passer rating. It isn't a who is best rating. The best rated passer may not have had the best season by a QB. It doesn't care about fumbles or rushing yards or how many sacks you take, it is a QB passing efficiency stat.

QBR is just rubbish. They take all of the flaws and omitted items from passer rating and put their own spin on it and it fails way too often. They try to determine who is the best player at QB. If you agree Trubisky was the 3rd best player at QB then maybe their system is better.

It’s certainly flawed but it has its merits. Rubbish is extreme. I think QBR shows you which passer does more to effect the teams successes, way moreso than QB rating, IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

The Chiefs had NFL's second-worst passing defense in 2018, the Colts have Andrew Luck. The Chiefs gave up 5.0 yards per carry this year (second-worst in the NFL), the Colts have a running back who averages 4.7 yards per carry and a quarterback who can scramble. The Chiefs tied for the league-lead in sacks with 52, the Colts hardly ever let Andrew Luck get sacked (He was sacked a league-low 18 times). 

Just trying to steer this back to division talk. 

NFL record for QB TDs facing in the post season with 89. It should be a shoot out. Could be Rams/Chiefs all over again.

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I still feel like this is a myth perpetuated by the media. Dak's decline in play didnt have to do with Zeke. It had to do with Smith. Dak's worst attributes (pocket presences, footwork) are compounded greatly when the OL plays terrible. Its been a terrible pass blocking unit the last season and a half. Our run game performance actually increased last year when Zeke missed time (which is a whole different conversation).

Saying Dak isnt asked to do the same things is a bit unclear, although I guess fair. But its also fair to say that Dak has by far the worst OC and offensive scheme. Who knows, maybe with a 'McVay' he would get the opportunity to do what others do. Might even be better at it. 

Whether the items are mutually exclusive is debatable, I suppose. Daks regression is not, however. Good/great QBs generally don’t regress from their rookie years. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:
9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think thinking of Dak as the greatest backup QB in Dallas Cowboys history is actually pretty appropriate

If you are clowning, you got my attention.

Tony Romo would've won a super bowl with this team. Dak shanghaied the job away from beautiful Tony.
The limited playbook, the severe tailoring of the playcalling, the precise circumstances needed to go right for the win...the makings of an overachieving backup.

He's 2011 TIm Tebow with a better release 

Archived