BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

So a bit of Shark Tank news

@ny92mike has built a spreadsheet to basically automate all the tracking of the Shark Tank. You would submit your bid on a google form with a 4 digit code that only you and I would know, and the sheet tracks who's leading on every player, the number of bids you made and the ones you're not leading on, the bids that have expired etc.

It's pretty great for everyone to keep track of Shark Tank action, and for us spreadsheet people, it's a lot of energy saved.

However there's a slight hiccup: we cannot find a way to have everyone enter manual bids while keeping the controls (minimum bid reached, 24h not passed, amount of the bid need to be 25$ above last valid bid or $50 is bid above $1000 etc). The only way for this to work is to have a set of amounts pre-defined. Those would be 450, 475, 500, 525 and so on until 1000. Then 1050, 1100, 1150 and so on until 2450, then 2550, 2650 ... You get the idea. Basically it prevents anyone from bidding random amounts like $1001. 

We looked at it in depth with Mike but can't make it work in some other way.

So I'm asking for an urgent league vote on the matter if @SirA1 doesn't mind.

@Whicker @wwhickok @PR @Jlash @pheltzbahr @bcb1213 @Ragnarok @WFLukic @PR @SwoleXmad @Hockey5djh @BringinDaPain / @rackcs @MD4L @RuskieTitan

Would you be ok to be allowed to bid only from a certain set of amounts (you can find the list in the form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdOJqvMyFJndSSBtgcfDqS6RhEVhACvtN3NiRgp6ihB_V6fYA/viewform ) to get that sheet?

The sheet would look like this. Don't mind the current bids, we did some testing and I have some cleaning to do before the start, but that should give you an idea of how it would work: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nmzdfN41nPAhRYH-VbkTgjnvG7qfSG2vJM5uZ8z3OB8/edit?usp=sharing

I personally think it's a very small change of rules for a big improvement in our way of doing Shark Tank. But it has to be league decision

Cheers