BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

It would probably prevent owners from being able to relocate often, but I always thought introducing a weather/stadium element based on where the team is based would've been cool.

Dome teams would try and build great passing attacks, cold/windy weather teams would build running games. I think we'd see more teams with a distinct identity form which would be fun. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

It would probably prevent owners from being able to relocate often, but I always thought introducing a weather/stadium element based on where the team is based would've been cool.

Dome teams would try and build great passing attacks, cold/windy weather teams would build running games. I think we'd see more teams with a distinct identity form which would be fun. 

Counter point: Every team would play in a dome to minimize weather effects. 

27 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Counter point: Every team would play in a dome to minimize weather effects. 

And then one team goes outdoors in an area with crappy weather and wins every home game because the other teams are built for shootouts...

Just now, WFLukic said:

And then one team goes outdoors in an area with crappy weather and wins every home game because the other teams are built for shootouts...

Meh it would almost be up to the outdoor team to tell us the weather.  Dislike 

On 12/9/2019 at 7:59 AM, WFLukic said:

Final Jazz Rookie Report:

Nick Bosa - Easy pick. DPOY candidate, balanced player overall

Grade: A+

Josh Allen - Solid pass rusher that, in a year with less pass rush dominance would have him in the DPOY talks. Solid selection.

Grade: A

Jawaan Taylor - Jags OL is atrocious and he is a part of that. He has the skill to be better in the future but right now, he isnt what they drafted him to be. He has given up at least 7 sacks and been penalized a dozen times this season. Overall...he has been pretty terrible.

Grade: D-

Jeffery Simmons - Deserves a lot of credit for coming back so soon. But he also looks completely out of proper conditioning. Struggles to play as a 3 down player. This will change in the future, he has A talent but his 'stability' imo hasnt been an A.

Grade: C

Jonah Williams - I'll give him a pass on being injured in TC but it doesnt bode well for him.

Grade: Inc.

Parris Campbell - Appears average and injury prone

Grade: D

Dre'Mont Jones - Imo, a part time pass rusher, skilled but not a guy that will be a long term impact player.

Darnell Savage - Takes some seriously bad angles, needs to improve as a tackler but provides quality coverage. Very limited thus far in Ints

Grade: B

Deebo Samuel - Inconsistent hands. Solid skill set but has to keep improving. Future #2, maybe even a #1, had a lot of drops this season. Getting better each week.

Grade:  B-

Drew Lock - The fact he couldnt initially beat out 2 mediocre options at QB is a bit worrisome. But he put on a clinic against Houston. Having said that, Case Keenum had looked great at times too. An Inc is fine here but based on what I've seen, a C is a positive grade suggesting room for improvement.

Grade C

Chase Winovich - I am not as high on him as others, he has been a ST player mostly. But in a part time role, has gotten a nice dose of sacks. He has room for growth. 

Grade: B

Devin Singletary - Despite a good YAC and a decent chunk of yards he has only scored twice and has not been able to eclipse the old as dirt Frank Gore as a starter 

Grade: C+

Sheldrick Redwine - Redwine is good. But he is also playing on a team with a really good Corner in Ward and a solid front 7 that has a tendency to make DBs look good. Redwine has looked bad at times. But overall, he has been a good player with room from improvement. His sophomore year will be more telling.

I said I'd come back to this, so, understand that I'm grading them on how I feel they've done THIS season, not how I think they'll do in their career.