BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

So here are the RFA bidding rules for new and old owners alike. Not doing anything with this until March 15th or so as that is usually when RFA week happens.

Any bids on RFA players must exceed the tender amount and be a minimum of 2 years. Bids must follow FA rules. New Initial bids aren't allowed within 48 hours of the deadline

After bidding completes, the current owner of the player has 48 hours to decide whether they will match the bid or not
Pick will be for the upcoming draft and if a team owns more than one pick in the round of the tender, the Team's Original pick will be used as compensation. After that, the lowest numbered pick will be used if multiple picks still exist.

Now what "Bids must follow FA rules" now means that this is also in effect per last year's summer owner's meeting. Because a lot of these guys are on the last year of a rookie deal the minimum numbers normally end up being based off the Tender amount honestly.

Basic Rules

Free Agent Deals and Restructures can range from 2 to 5 years.

If a multiple year contract the lowest yearly salary is $501

A team’s active bids may not exceed the salary cap.

In FA a player will continue to be bid on until 48 hours has elapsed from the previous bid. The initial bid has to be within the week of that position groups free agency period.

If an offer stands for 48 hours without a new bid then that player will automatically be signed by the winning team and locked on to your roster for the current year. You cannot take a bid back so please bid accordingly and make sure you have the cap space. Please try not to edit your posts as we will be using the timestamp for bid verification. If you do edit your edit time will be the official start time of the bid.

The League Minimum is $501 per year. In FA a player will continue to be bid on until 48 hours has elapsed from the previous bid. The initial bid has to be within the week of that position groups free agency period.

Any bids on FA players must be a minimum of 2 years.

Any bid on a player has to maintain a 50% basis of their real life salary

To be a 4 year contract, salary has to be greater than $1,500

To be a 5 year contract, salary has to be greater than $2,000 and maintain a 60% basis of their real life salary.

For contract totals that are $5,000 and under the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $250.

For contract greater than or equal to $5,000 but less than $10,000 the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $500.

For contracts greater than or equal to $10,000 but less than $20,000 the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $1,000

Contracts greater than or equal to $20,000 the current offer must be beaten by $2,000

For every extra year added you must add at least 85% of the leading bids salary to the total contract size.

For every year decreased in a offer in free agency, you must increase the yearly salary by 5%.

• Like 2

OK I went through all the rosters tonight and manually updated the ones that were for some reason showing PS/Inactive to active and their teams.

If a player is showing RL FA from Spotrac it is because they are either a RL ERFA/RFA/UFA for this upcoming off season. Once NFL FA gets underway those statuses will likely change on their own as Spotrac updates them.

@ny92mike

I only found one name that will likely need to be checked for accuracy.

Jake Kumerow is listed as Jake Kumerov in the Master list. That may be why he's showing up PS/inactive.

Other than that I think things are looking tight now.

• Like 3

I have a question.

Lets say  I have a player on a 1yr/4K deal and he extends a contract to 3 years 3 mil per in RL.

Would I 

A. Not be able to 100 percent extend him at all because it’s less than the 4K?

B. Pay the 4K this season but pay 3k each of the next two seasons

C. Pay 4K each season over 3 years

Edited by Counselor

8 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

When you finally begin to plan out your offseason but you can't download the spreadsheet... 

@ny92mike @SirA1 Anyway we can make it possible to download/copy from the spreadsheet again?

Aside from that Sydney has some major news in regards to a trade, it involves multiple first round picks and will shock you. 

Are you wanting to download this workbook into excel?  If so, the formulas used in this workbook do not translate to excel.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SirA1 said:

OK I went through all the rosters tonight and manually updated the ones that were for some reason showing PS/Inactive to active and their teams.

If a player is showing RL FA from Spotrac it is because they are either a RL ERFA/RFA/UFA for this upcoming off season. Once NFL FA gets underway those statuses will likely change on their own as Spotrac updates them.

@ny92mike

I only found one name that will likely need to be checked for accuracy.

Jake Kumerow is listed as Jake Kumerov in the Master list. That may be why he's showing up PS/inactive.

Other than that I think things are looking tight now.

Some of these names just need the position changed in sheet33, for example it might be listed in sheet33 as OLB but just needs to be changed to LB or ILB or MLB to sync it with spotrac.

Also be careful changes some of the statuses.  For example, Chester Rogers is listed as a RFA irl which the workbook got correct but you changed his status to active.

Spotrac is still listing 2018 rosters, once the season is over it'll switch to 2019 rosters.  In fact, it might be better to wait until the end of this season to focus on this task.

• Like 1

If anyone finds any names in their roster that are off let me know and I can fix them. It looks like some of the Spotrac data was different in two places so is one of the reasons guys are showing up as PS/Inactive.

Just shoot me a PM.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

If anyone finds any names in their roster that are off let me know and I can fix them. It looks like some of the Spotrac data was different in two places so is one of the reasons guys are showing up as PS/Inactive.

Just shoot me a PM.

Remember we have this so that we can do a mass update.  Rather than doing one at a time.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CI7bW7sTleiKFxIkgxkb_vqYy24BKF3GAYoHr0r9Ux8/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 1

@SirA1

At the beginning of the season, Michael Bennett was listed on my roster in the bdl 2018 roster spreadsheet as the Atlanta and not the Philly Bennett.  Heck he would have been in my starting lineup if it was the Philly Bennett.

It shows he was signed as a Tank at 525, which would be considered pretty low for someone of his caliber.  I guess it doesn't really matter to me but I'm pretty sure the Michael Bennett from Philly was on someone's roster for more than 525/1 I just can't remember who's roster.

Not sure when it was changed to from ATL to PHI but I definitely remember looking and confirming him being labeled as the ATL Bennett and not the Philly Bennett and another team listing the philly bennett on their roster, I just can't remember which team.  

I went back and looked in the shark tank thread and it doesn't use the team name to confirm it, but list him as Edge/INT.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@SirA1

At the beginning of the season, Michael Bennett was listed on my roster in the bdl 2018 roster spreadsheet as the Atlanta and not the Philly Bennett.  Heck he would have been in my starting lineup if it was the Philly Bennett.

It shows he was signed as a Tank at 525, which would be considered pretty low for someone of his caliber.  I guess it doesn't really matter to me but I'm pretty sure the Michael Bennett from Philly was on someone's roster for more than 525/1 I just can't remember who's roster.

Not sure when it was changed to from ATL to PHI but I definitely remember looking and confirming him being labeled as the ATL Bennett and not the Philly Bennett and another team listing the philly bennett on their roster, I just can't remember which team.  

I went back and looked in the shark tank thread and it doesn't use the team name to confirm it, but list him as Edge/INT.  

I'm pretty sure he was the Philly Bennett all along. The ATL Bennett was a FA and didn't sign with ATL until Oct 18 so not sure how he could have been listed as Atlanta at the beginning of the season. I'm pretty sure I deleted him when I saw he was a FA last year.

I didn't implement the NFL Team part of the roster last year as I didn't think we ever needed it.