BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

8 hours ago, TedLavie said:

So what we can do as an intermediate solution : @SirA1 @bcb1213 @Ragnarok @WFLukic @pheltzbahr @BringinDaPain @PR @MD4L @RuskieTitan @Counselor @Whicker @Jlash @SwoleXmad @Hockey5djh @wwhickok

1. Switch to a 48 hour clock for this Shark tank only

2. We start on the sheet. By Tuesday afternoon we vote on whether we stay on the sheet or go back to forum bidding.

With a 48hr clock we won't have any bids finalized so it gives us a chance to test it out for real and switch if there are any concerns? 

Would that be OK for y'all? 

Even though I’m an old fashion guy I’ll try it out. 

Justice Hill is my most exciting rookie thus far.

56 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

48 hour clock works to start. If there's issues we go back to the forum. 

If all else fails the spreadsheet people can just use it as a reference guide. 

I can just blame it on you if anything fails to work out.

• Like 1

fyi...So there is a 4 digit code, that I'm pretty sure that @TedLavie mentioned, this code will get used to prevent bids being made by anyone with access to the link.  There is another option available for this, which is to require a sign on to submit a bid.  This process collects the email used to sign in which can be used to verify.

Either way works just wanted to make this information available to you.

• Like 1

Rome rookie report 

G Chris Lindstrom.  Looks like a day one starter.  Pretty solid in preseason.  Beat once or twice. Doesn't appear to to get best by the same time move twice 

DT Jerry Tillery - has looked really good likely starter 

OT Greg Little -  sadly, likely backup to start.  Shown good and bad flashes 

FS Deionte Thompson -  I can't draft safeties to save my life.  Backup special teamer

WR JJ Arcega Whiteside. Has looked good for Philly.   Should see snaps especially in the red zone 

Edge Jaylon Ferguson -  likely rotational piece.   Knew he was a developmental project 

CB Jamel Dean -  has an interception and looks like he has the tools to be successful.  Should be in for sub packages Bowles teaching will definitely help 

Pfa 

G Wes Martin. Battling for a starting gig.  Looks OK 

QB Jarret Stidham.  Lighting backups on fire!  Next Tom Brady 

WR Hunter Renfrow. Supposedly uncoverable in practice.  Likely starting slot wr 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, TedLavie said:

So what we can do as an intermediate solution : @SirA1 @bcb1213 @Ragnarok @WFLukic @pheltzbahr @BringinDaPain @PR @MD4L @RuskieTitan @Counselor @Whicker @Jlash @SwoleXmad @Hockey5djh @wwhickok

2. We start on the sheet. By Tuesday afternoon we vote on whether we stay on the sheet or go back to forum bidding.

With a 48hr clock we won't have any bids finalized so it gives us a chance to test it out for real and switch if there are any concerns? 

Fine by me.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Ok

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TedLavie said:

I'm not gonna lie, I'm gonna reserve my opinion on this. I dont plan to be active this season in the Shark Tank. So I feel it's unfair of me to dictate in any way what other ppl have to do

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Rome rookie report 

G Chris Lindstrom.  Looks like a day one starter.  Pretty solid in preseason.  Beat once or twice. Doesn't appear to to get best by the same time move twice 

DT Jerry Tillery - has looked really good likely starter 

OT Greg Little -  sadly, likely backup to start.  Shown good and bad flashes 

FS Deionte Thompson -  I can't draft safeties to save my life.  Backup special teamer

WR JJ Arcega Whiteside. Has looked good for Philly.   Should see snaps especially in the red zone 

Edge Jaylon Ferguson -  likely rotational piece.   Knew he was a developmental project 

CB Jamel Dean -  has an interception and looks like he has the tools to be successful.  Should be in for sub packages Bowles teaching will definitely help 

Pfa 

G Wes Martin. Battling for a starting gig.  Looks OK 

QB Jarret Stidham.  Lighting backups on fire!  Next Tom Brady 

WR Hunter Renfrow. Supposedly uncoverable in practice.  Likely starting slot wr 

DE Montez Sweat- Heard good things, had a leg injury or something that limited him in camp. Not sure if he's on track to start, seems like he is.

WR AJ Brown- Like Sweat, heard good things but then a leg injury slowed him. Came back and has been working with the starters ever since. Tennessee is where WR's go to die, though, so there's that.

DT Dexter Lawrence- As advertised for the Giants from everything I've read. Already looks like a leader on that defense. He also looks on track to start. I like this guy a lot the more I see interviews with him.

LB Mack Wilson- A pick that seemed to get panned pretty hard when I made it, Wilson has turned heads in camp from what I've seen and then in his first preseason action took two INT's and took one to the house. I don't think he'll start, but his coverage ability should help him see the field more than most 5th round picks do.

WR Hakeem Butler- Another pick that wasn't greeted warmly because of where I took him. I expected some developmental time, but a nasty finger injury has stalled him out.

OL Tytus Howard- A likely down the line starter at LT, he's worked at LG all camp until he also broke his finger. I'd imagine he starts at LG at some point this year.

S Amani Hooker- Played extensively in Tenn's first two preseason games from what I've seen, and looks like he's in the mix to play in 3 S sets (the same as Byard his rookie year) and is also a slot option. Happy about where he landed.

RB David Montgomery- He was my favorite RB in the draft, he landed in a really good spot IMO and they seem to love him. Very happy.

RB Damien Harris- My 2nd favorite RB in the draft, he landed in a murkier spot because you don't know what to get with the Pats, but he's a handcuff to my starter, he's gotten hit reviews in camp and he looked great in his first preseason action.

TE Kahale Warring- Houston's TE's suck, but a hamstring injury kept him out of a ton of early practice time. Developmental player but I love the spot he landed.

WR Jalen Hurd- A guy I really liked going into this, and he landed in a spot I really liked. His first preseason game showed some flashes, but he's gonna have to work to get any PT this year. 

PFA DE Maxx Crosby- A guy whose biggest knock was his frame, landed on a team with one of the best strength coaches in the league that happens to be starved for pass rush. I loved his landing spot and he's got a chance to get real snaps, but he also broke his hand so who knows where he stands now.

PFA RB Benny Snell- Got big reviews in camp but has looked sluggish in the preseason. Buried in Pittsburgh.

• Like 2

My Rookie Report

Ed Oliver- One Batted Pass...

Dwayne Haskins- Makes big throws then throws picks... not starting

Garrett Bradbury- Too much Butt Sweat

Noah Fant- He is trash

N’Keal Harry- Hurt

Dalton Risner- Starter only good rookie I have

CGJ- Not doing much 

Justin Layne- Missed tackle week one led to TD, had like 7 other tackles. Looked better week 2. I don’t expect much

Sean Bunting- No clue

Christian Miller- Doing Squat

Julian Love- Reps at Free Safety and Corner

Joe Jackson- No Clue

Dru Samia- backup

Dawson Knox- Hurt

Ben Burr Kirven- Special Teams player