BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

I already have people who won’t vote for me no matter what because of my QBs apparently... so no real point in trying this season. If you see a player on my team that can be traded for, send me a PM with an offer and we will work it out. I haven’t decided what I value each player at. 

30 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I already have people who won’t vote for me no matter what because of my QBs apparently... so no real point in trying this season. If you see a player on my team that can be traded for, send me a PM with an offer and we will work it out. I haven’t decided what I value each player at. 

So use some of your  $21k cap space and sign one of the handful of bdl starters available.

I would say 4-5 teams have worse QB situations. 

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 2

@PR @MD4L @RuskieTitan @Whicker @wwhickok @SirA1 @bcb1213 @Jlash @Counselor @pheltzbahr @Ragnarok @Hockey5djh @SwoleXmad @WFLukic @BringinDaPain

You should all have received the links and codes for the shark tank workbook. Let me know if you didn't.

Something I forgot to mention in my PM: if your bid is invalid, it can show up on the sheet for some reason (I'll work on that) but you won't have anything on the "Time Remaining" column. So basically consider that any bid without the time remaining count showing up is invalid. I'll make regular checks to check if everything is in order.

Let me know (or @ny92mike if I'm alseep) if you have any issue or question.

@BringinDaPain @wwhickok: rules for Shark Tank (under the control of @SirA1)

Minimum Starting Bid

• Rookie - $350

• 2019 drafted and non-drafted players

• Veteran - $450

Bidding Price Ranges

• For Contracts in the $350-$1,000 range, the min increase to outbid someone is $25.

• For Contracts in the $1,001-$2,500 range, the min increase to outbid someone is $50.

• For Contracts in the $2,501-$5,000 range, the min increase to outbid someone is $100.

• For Contracts in the $5,001-$10,000 range, the min increase to outbid someone is $250.

The team holding the high bid for 48hrs is awarded the player, providing that the addition wouldn’t take you over the 70 man roster limit or put your available cap in the red. You can't bid yourself over the cap. 

All Contracts are for 1 year. If a player has less than 3 years experience after this season, they will become ERFAs for your team next year. If a player has 3 years experience, they will become RFAs next year. 4 or more year vets will become UFAs.

The Shark Tank will open at 12:00pm August 26 EST.

The last opportunity to make an initial bid on a player is 12:00 PM EST September 3.

Edited by TedLavie

I'm finalizing the guidelines for this event along with some important information about the workbook and form.

@SirA1 if you could give this a read and verify the information is correct also if you provide your email via PM I'll get you editing rights to this word doc.  

And am I reading that right, this starts at midnight est time?

I've got the form locked but this workbook contains links to both the form and responses.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GuuLxI8S5VS7g0F_CoqGVjH7iIgmIUTbosEdXovW4Cs/edit?usp=sharing

57 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Something I forgot to mention in my PM: if your bid is invalid, it can show up on the sheet for some reason (I'll work on that) but you won't have anything on the "Time Remaining" column. So basically consider that any bid without the time remaining count showing up is invalid. I'll make regular checks to check if everything is in order.

I think that this is only showing up in the response sorting sheet which is a hidden sheet.