BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I'm also sure we are all shocked to learn that one of my bids was invalid due to the misspelling of a player's name 

In workbooks I used in the past for the waiver wire, I used the 4 digit code in place of the player name / pos but it had it's issues too.  Figured the name / pos would work better I guess not...haha.

This is a jumping point though, that we can address in the next version if you guys decide to keep it.

Edited by ny92mike

12 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I’d say I really like the new platform. One immediate concern as Lukic said is not getting informed about offered players getting another deal.

It does require you to review the team page daily to confirm you are leading.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Feel free to use mine for your template stuff, I don't plan on putting in anymore bids today.

Hey man can you give sheet "Copy of New Orleans Jazz" a look.  This should resolve the duplicate issues of tracking lower bids.  It will still show invalid entry, which is good so that you know if you need to correct anything.

@TedLavie  There is a better way to do this but this fixes it on the fly.  

I added a new sheet "sheet16" that gives a true or false if the bid is the max offer from that team.  I changed the formula in the team page, I used the Jazz as a test because they had multiple bids placed on the same players.

Edited by ny92mike

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

It does require you to review the team page daily to confirm you are leading.  

Good and bad thing. It’s easier than looking through multiple pages of a thread. Constructive criticism.

Just now, MD4L said:

Good and bad thing. It’s easier than looking through multiple pages of a thread. Constructive criticism.

I hear ya...Believe me I wanna hear the good, bad and ugly about my work.  It makes me produce a better product.

docs does have an add on that will send out notifications when things change, unfortunately they haven't quite mastered it yet because rather than sending it out to the one member it sends it out to everyone on the list.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I like that I can go to my team page and see the ones I'm winning and the ones that I've outbid on. 

The one thing of note is that when you update a bid it doesn't change the first bid it creates another line of the player and you have like 2-3 lines of the same player. Does that factor into the formula?

18 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Hey man can you give sheet "Copy of New Orleans Jazz" a look.  This should resolve the duplicate issues of tracking lower bids.  It will still show invalid entry, which is good so that you know if you need to correct anything.

Looks good, cleans it up a lot. Now:

Red = outbid
White = Leading bid but still open
Green = won bid

36 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

In workbooks I used in the past for the waiver wire, I used the 4 digit code in place of the player name / pos but it had it's issues too.  Figured the name / pos would work better I guess not...haha.

This is a jumping point though, that we can address in the next version if you guys decide to keep it.

This was more a dig at how I can't spell players names correctly.  It got to the point where I gave up on Anquan Bolden 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

This correction I'm doing should remove the older bids so you won't show duplicates.

It is like you read my mind.

Just now, ny92mike said:

This correction I'm doing should remove the older bids so you won't show duplicates.

It like you read my mind.

• Like 2