BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I don't even care about the fire sale, and it wouldn't even matter if I did. I was just saying to Matt's that's how this league seems to be trending and it's hard to argue. We had 2-0 teams talking tank. Be upset about it that's fine, but don't accuse me of ever trying any less (not you WW). There have been times here I've done write ups for 3 separate teams in a week when we didn't have owners. And no matter how trash my team is I'm always trying to win. I don't doubt Ted works hard, that was more just my frustrations in the league.

Bro seriously before I get mad. The fact that you're coming after me for taking the easy way out is plain ridiculous. I've been a BDL for 6 years now. I don't think I had a losing record for a single week in those 6 years. Maybe once by starting 0-1. I've always been aggressive when it came to giving myself a chance year after year when many chose a different path. Even when I had to start Knile Davis at RB or even last year when I had a crap team (by my standards). And I'm not even talking about the other facets of BDL: voting, league responsabilities, doing gameplans for other people ...

Now my core team is aging and I'm rebuilding. That's why I let Ryan, Geno and McCoy go this offseason and chose to sign a whole new and younger front 7 in FA. And that's why I'm trying to get picks for Slay, TY and AJ, to rebuild my WR/CB groups. The injuries had nothing to do with it, I've had Hilton and Green on my block for almost a year now, and I've planned to use 2019 as a rebuilding year for two years now. And you of all people shouldn't explain to anyone that rebuilding is bad. How many weeks into the season when you traded ODB last year? Evans two years ago? Did I come here complaining about you giving up?

Let me handle my team as I wish to do. I'll do my gameplans seriously, as I've always done, and I will try to win the games I play in, as I've always done.

And, about the votes thing, I was more highlighting the ridiculousness of your argument than taking a shot at you. I know you're a great owner. And instead of complaining about it I pushed for a rule change to allow you, among others, more time. So I'm not always an a**

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

seriously before I get mad. The fact that you're coming after me for taking the easy way out is plain ridiculous

Had you read the last line of my reply to WW you'd see I said my frustrations were more about league trends than anything you're doing.

We're clear now.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I don't even care about the fire sale, and it wouldn't even matter if I did. I was just saying to Matt's that's how this league seems to be trending and it's hard to argue. We had 2-0 teams talking tank. Be upset about it that's fine, but don't accuse me of ever trying any less (not you WW). There have been times here I've done write ups for 3 separate teams in a week when we didn't have owners. And no matter how trash my team is I'm always trying to win. I don't doubt Ted works hard, that was more just my frustrations in the league.

If you are talking about me talking tanking it was always a joke. It was a play on how someone said don’t be upset when you lose because you traded your version of the big three. So I have just ran with it as a joke. Look at my game plans. And the effort I put in. I’ve gotten extremely busy like most of us and still have found time here and there even if it meant sacrificing some big things in my life like we all do. 

• Like 1

Just now, wwhickok said:

Dont change the subject, you should be scared you're matching up against an 0-4 team with nothing to lose. No shame in being petrified :P

Hahaha I'm not giving in to your wild talk. That's how the terrorists win!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Bro seriously before I get mad. The fact that you're coming after me for taking the easy way out is plain ridiculous. I've been a BDL for 6 years now. I don't think I had a losing record for a single week in those 6 years. Maybe once by starting 0-1. I've always been aggressive when it came to giving myself a chance year after year when many chose a different path. Even when I had to start Knile Davis at RB or even last year when I had a crap team (by my standards). And I'm not even talking about the other facets of BDL: voting, league responsabilities, doing gameplans for other people ...

Now my core team is aging and I'm rebuilding. That's why I let Ryan, Geno and McCoy go this offseason and chose to sign a whole new and younger front 7 in FA. And that's why I'm trying to get picks for Slay, TY and AJ, to rebuild my WR/CB groups. The injuries had nothing to do with it, I've had Hilton and Green on my block for almost a year now, and I've planned to use 2019 as a rebuilding year for two years now. And you of all people shouldn't explain to anyone that rebuilding is bad. How many weeks into the season when you traded ODB last year? Evans two years ago? Did I come here complaining about you giving up?

Let me handle my team as I wish to do. I'll do my gameplans seriously, as I've always done, and I will try to win the games I play in, as I've always done.

And, about the votes thing, I was more highlighting the ridiculousness of your argument than taking a shot at you. I know you're a great owner. And instead of complaining about it I pushed for a rule change to allow you, among others, more time. So I'm not always an a**

giphy.gif

40 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Had you read the last line of my reply to WW you'd see I said my frustrations were more about league trends than anything you're doing.

We're clear now.

tenor.gif?itemid=12900426

• Like 3