BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

@ny92mike did you get a chance to look at a game plan for my team? If not don’t worry about it. I’ll put together a TL/DR version tonight of like five sentences. But I’d rather have a fighting chance. I haven’t been able to sit down on the computer yet this week to work on it and it just gets busier for me from here on out.

6 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

What’s your issue with it from my prospective? I'm genuinely curious about it. 

Don't know if there's an issue with it. You got a 1 (two years away) a 6, a cap dump and 30 year old safety coming off major injury for a lockdown corner, a decent young corner and a dynamic RB.

I would simply say that's an easy decision for Rags to make.

Just now, Jlash said:

Don't know if there's an issue with it. You got a 1 (two years away) a 6, a cap dump and 30 year old safety coming off major injury for a lockdown corner, a decent young corner and a dynamic RB.

It wasn't that easy for me.  That's a lot of cap money tied up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Well I'm banking on Berry not being signed and being a FA cut or retiring. That's a risk for sure. 

Johnson production doesn't match his salary. I'd definitely have 3downed him. That's why ww had so much trouble selling him during the off-season. 

We seem to be the only ones to like Fuller and he's an expiring. Not much value for me. 

Rags definitely gets help this year. But also gets 20k of cap next year and lose a 1st, on a year where he will need to sign a new QB, a new RB and a bunch of DLinemen at least. I don't think it's quite as straightforward. But I might be off for sure

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Jlash said:

That's one way to put it! Good on ya, rags.

50 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Rags definitely making that play off push. Ted not so much lol. 

59 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Wow, great trade for Berlin

Seoul still finding ways to stick it to me even after giving up for the year.

Don't expect much this week in an unwinnable game at this point.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 2

Legit question to the league, help a noob out:

We have a solid roster from top to bottom. 

We have the #1 player (so far) at the most important position, QB. We have the best defensive player in the entire NFL, likely to be DPOY. 

Yet we are 0-4. 

So here is my question: WTF? 

(obvi Dak isnt the best QB in the NFL. But he is quality)

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Legit question to the league, help a noob out:

We have a solid roster from top to bottom. 

We have the #1 player (so far) at the most important position, QB. We have the best defensive player in the entire NFL, likely to be DPOY. 

Yet we are 0-4. 

So here is my question: WTF? 

(obvi Dak isnt the best QB in the NFL. But he is quality)

Basically this is a condensed league so everyone has plenty of top tier players. 

Just now, rackcs said:

Basically this is a condensed league so everyone has plenty of top tier players. 

Ok, but what is it about our roster that is holding us back? Why are we winless? 

Im trying to learn so that we can make informed decisions going forward. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Ok, but what is it about our roster that is holding us back? Why are we winless? 

Im trying to learn so that we can make informed decisions going forward. 

Tbh my biggest issue with Williamsport, with all due respect, is just not very strong offensively. You guys have good complementary receivers but nobody who I think can necessarily be a #1 guy. LeSean McCoy just isn't a good starter anymore. The OL is solid but with no real elite guys imo. That's just my personal opinion and others may disagree. But that to me is what is holding your team back really.

• Like 1