BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ok, but what is it about our roster that is holding us back? Why are we winless? 

Im trying to learn so that we can make informed decisions going forward. 

Go back and read the game threads. For the first two weeks Big Ben was your starter at QB.

Some of the games were procedural things as wwhickock was getting used to the league. 

Suggestions were made and ignored multiple times. It's a subjective league everyone has their own way of deciding the votes.

It usually takes a year to fully understand things. 

What the other guys said too. 

Last year Portland had Mahomes but had pretty much all #2 weapons on their NFL teams.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 1

Just now, rackcs said:

Tbh my biggest issue with Williamsport, with all due respect, is just not very strong offensively. You guys have good complementary receivers but nobody who I think can necessarily be a #1 guy. LeSean McCoy just isn't a good starter anymore. The OL is solid but with no real elite guys imo. That's just my personal opinion and others may disagree. But that to me is what is holding your team back really.

On the OL I would suggest that Charles Leno is top 5 NFL. I'm not arguing your points and agree with your point about the WR and RB (hence the 2 additions at RB)

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

On the OL I would suggest that Charles Leno is top 5 NFL. I'm not arguing your points and agree with your point about the WR and RB (hence the 2 additions at RB)

He was last year. This year not so much. He's already got 5 penalties and a 48.1 rating so far.

It happens though. Jessie Bates was awesome for me last year and this year sucks donkey balls, which is why he isn't in my lineup.

4 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Tbh my biggest issue with Williamsport, with all due respect, is just not very strong offensively. You guys have good complementary receivers but nobody who I think can necessarily be a #1 guy. LeSean McCoy just isn't a good starter anymore. The OL is solid but with no real elite guys imo. That's just my personal opinion and others may disagree. But that to me is what is holding your team back really.

Fair, the first thing I told Whick is that we have 5 #2/3 WRs, we need a #1. We have a decently good enough OL. A ton of RBs - Not just McCoy, but you saw what Cason could do just last night. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

By weapons, you mean WRs? Or do you think our RB stable is also weak? 

You just got two new RB's in the last day. Won't be able to judge them until we see how they are used.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

He was last year. This year not so much. He's already got 5 penalties and a 48.1 rating so far.

It happens though. Jessie Bates was awesome for me last year and this year sucks donkey balls, which is why he isn't in my lineup.

Penalties? You're kidding me right? Okay lots of ppl get penalties but he is still one of the best Blocking LTs in the league and that's barely debateable.

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Penalties? You're kidding me right? Okay lots of ppl get penalties but he is still one of the best Blocking LTs in the league and that's barely debateable.

He's tied for 2nd in Penalties among all OT.  Last year he had 5 all year. People who look at OL look at that trust me.

I track all of my OL for sacks given up and penalties because it does matter and adjust the OL accordingly.

Edited by SirA1

Just now, SirA1 said:

He's tied for 2nd in Penalties among all OT.  Last year he had 5 all year. People who look at OL look at that trust me.

I track all of my OL for sacks given up and penalties because it does matter.

I'm not saying it doesn't matter but you had early used to the argument of penalties to suggest hes not one of the top 5 most talented LTs and that simply isn't a true statement

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'm not saying it doesn't matter but you had early used to the argument of penalties to suggest hes not one of the top 5 most talented LTs and that simply isn't a true statement

Saying he's a Top 5 LT is also not a True statement though. It's your opinion.

It would be like me saying Joe Staley is a Top 5 LT in the league but he's not because he's not playing right now.

Edited by SirA1