BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

3 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Sad for Eric Berry to leave Berlin.  I think that leaves only Justin Houston from the 2011 Berlin squad.  

Whats so special about 2011? Did you only miss the playoffs by a game that year?

Edited by Hockey5djh
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rackcs said:

I noticed an oversight in the rules or at least what I believe is an oversight. In the section about who you are not permitted to trade, they don't mention rookies. As far as I'm aware, they are not allowed to be traded their first year either, correct?

Players that you are NOT PERMITTED to release or trade at any time.

• Players that would put your current year’s salary cap in the negative

• Signed Exclusive Rights Free Agents - ERFA

• Signed Restricted Free Agents - RFA

• Signed Players acquired through - Free Agency, Shark Tank, Waiver Wire

3 hours ago, rackcs said:

In the RFA section, there's a part that could be cleaned up a little bit. When it talks about what picks are to be used for compensation there's some confusing language. At the top of page 6, number 2, it says that they'll use the highest available pick. In the red text below it, it says they'll use the lowest numbered pick. They mean the same thing but it is a bit confusing at first glance and could maybe be cleaned up just by using the same phrasing?

You really should have taken over Hawaii.....would have been more fitting.

14 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Whats so special about 2011? Did you only miss the playoffs by a game that year?

2011 was the inaugural year of BDL, was started because of the lockout if I'm remembering correctly. 

• Like 1