BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Realistically though counselor had no reason to trade Kupp without a big offer so that's what I gave him. A players worth is what someone is willing to pay.  

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 1

I think there is truth to a player being worth what someone is willing to pay at the same time I think teams (myself as an example) hold sometimes higher value on players than perhaps ppl are willing to pay because of the importance to their team. Byron Jones is a good example of that.

So I have 2 questions 1st if I choose to use a franchise  Tag is that separate from the 3 3 UPS I get?

Secondlie hypothetically if a player is set to become an RFA after the 2020 season my is currently on a one year contract do I get them as an RFA early or are they an erfa? Or simply a ufa?

38 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Realistically though counselor had no reason to trade Kupp without a big offer so that's what I gave him. A players worth is what someone is willing to pay.  

I offered him a 3rd and a 5th. I got TY for a 2nd. *shrugs*

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

So I have 2 questions 1st if I choose to use a franchise  Tag is that separate from the 3 3 UPS I get?

Secondlie hypothetically if a player is set to become an RFA after the 2020 season my is currently on a one year contract do I get them as an RFA early or are they an erfa? Or simply a ufa?

2 years means erfa, you get to bring him on for 2 more years. 3 years rfa.

1 minute ago, PR said:

2 years means erfa, you get to bring him on for 2 more years. 3 years rfa.

I'm confused. I'm not sure if you answered my question lol 

So, IRL Chris Carson is a RFA after the conclusion on the 2020 season. In BDL he is on a 1 year contract. Does that mean I can EFRA? him or RFA him early? Or do I have to 3 up him?

I'm just trying to figure out what kind of decisions I have to make come the off season

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'm confused. I'm not sure if you answered my question lol 

So, IRL Chris Carson is a RFA after the conclusion on the 2020 season. In BDL he is on a 1 year contract. Does that mean I can EFRA? him or RFA him early? Or do I have to 3 up him?

I'm just trying to figure out what kind of decisions I have to make come the off season

It is about his IRL service time. If he has 1-2 years he is erfa. 3 rfa

• Like 1