BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

14 hours ago, rackcs said:

IC is only going WR because Seoul also needs an OT. They have Ronnie Stanley but the rest are not great and on expiring deals. This draft is insanely deep at WR so even though I like Jeudy a little bit more than Thomas, I think you can get better WRs later on than OTs. Not that this OT class is bad though.

I tend to think it's easier to find BDL startable WRs later in the draft than OTs so Thomas is definitely on my radar for my top pick.

Need to scout those guys to have a better idea of what I will do though

5 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Garrett clearly took it to the extreme but mason played a role.  Its what started the whole thing.

I would think the late hit is what started the whole thing, but either way it went entirely too far, with Garrett going above and beyond any reasonable measure of whatever he thought he was provoked into.

White

Dem

Rudolph pulled on his helmet and wouldn't let go. He got up grabbed on to Rudys helmet. Yanked 3 times and pulled it off. His two oline bros step in and shove. Rudy jumps up and tries to be a third Steeler shoving. Garrett swings the helmet down on his head. I'm pretty sure he went to his fight or flight instincts when 3 people started shoving him. He doesn't know how to self-regulate when faced with a threat. Needs some self-regulation training for sure. Should be punished greatly as you cannot respond in that way. Rudy should also get a fine of some sort.

Late hit

Helmet tug 

Garret spikes the helmet we all think it's dumb but we move on 

Ya can't swing it at the dude though.  Ya just can't.  I don't care if these dudes were both blue.  He's got to be done for the year imo 

Edited by bcb1213

What really happened last night:

Garrett tried to rub in the tackle, before he even took Rudolph to the ground the play was whistled dead. Then he just decided I'm gonna lie on top of Rudolph a while. Rudolph, clearly frustrated with how the game went, grabbed his facemask. Garrett immediately ripped off Rudolph's helmet, Rudolph was furious and went after him. Garrett went full thug and hit Rudolph in the head with it. 

Then Garrett got his *** kicked by the entire Steelers offensive line. 

Larry O...whatever decided to be a tough guy and walk up behind Rudolph and shove him to the ground...pretty cowardly tbh.

Garrett should be done, not just for this season, but all of next season. A line has to be drawn to make sure this never happens again. Haynesworths head stomping might be the only thing I've ever seen that was worse than this.

Pouncey shouldnt get suspended, he was protecting his QB, Garrett got what he deserved. BUT he probably gets a 2-4 game suspension.

DeCastro, Feiler, Villeneuva, Foster, Rudolph, Larry O, Garrett are all getting significant fines.

When Kitchens loses in Pittsburgh in 2 weeks he is getting fired.

Edited by wwhickok

4 hours ago, TedLavie said:

I tend to think it's easier to find BDL startable WRs later in the draft than OTs so Thomas is definitely on my radar for my top pick.

Need to scout those guys to have a better idea of what I will do though

The lies. You pick 2nd no need to smoke screen. Unless I guess you are trying to trade down but then again still really don’t need to smoke screen.

5 hours ago, Jlash said:

I would think the late hit is what started the whole thing, but either way it went entirely too far, with Garrett going above and beyond any reasonable measure of whatever he thought he was provoked into.

Maybe...to me ive seen later hits not get called.  garrett hit him immediately after the release from what I watched.  I think mason was just pissed because he was sacked like on every down in that series and was just "pissed" at the situation.

Anyway...old news now.