BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Something for owner's meeting.  If someone doesn't turn in a gameplan, they get an auto loss.  They also destroy their vote differential which can help them get a higher draft pick.  What if the votes against them didn't count towards their vote differential?

For instance, Portland didn't get in a gameplan so will lose and rack up votes against them which could be the deciding factor in whether they pick 4th or 5th(I don't know where they'd actually pick) due to vote differential.  What if all those votes didn't count in Portland's votes against column?  

I think that'd be a fair way to not punish people for getting in gameplans while not going into cap hits and things of that nature?

52 minutes ago, rackcs said:

How do the playoffs work again? Is it top 8 seeds overall, two from each division, what's the deal?

40 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Div winners (seeds 1-4) plus 4 best non division winners (seeds 5-8)

Correct so if the season were to end today it would be the following.

Hungary (8) @ Cuba (1)

Oklahoma City (7) @ Berlin (2)

Camden (6) @ New Orleans (3)

Rome (5) @ Singapore (4)

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Something for owner's meeting.  If someone doesn't turn in a gameplan, they get an auto loss.  They also destroy their vote differential which can help them get a higher draft pick.  What if the votes against them didn't count towards their vote differential?

For instance, Portland didn't get in a gameplan so will lose and rack up votes against them which could be the deciding factor in whether they pick 4th or 5th(I don't know where they'd actually pick) due to vote differential.  What if all those votes didn't count in Portland's votes against column?  

I think that'd be a fair way to not punish people for getting in gameplans while not going into cap hits and things of that nature?

I could care less about the draft positioning. However giving the Jazz a free win when the playoff tiebreakers are that close is more unforgivable IMO. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Swole doesn’t even draft