BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

19 minutes ago, rackcs said:

12. Cuba Smugglers (via Camden): Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama

Need to see him at the combine. Alabama CBs in round 1? Meh.

17 minutes ago, Counselor said:

15. Cuba Smugglers: Grant Delpit, S, LSU

I hear the slander about how he’s an average player this year. Let’s hope this slander remains the same bc I like him a lot. Evaluation process hasn’t officially started for me yet.

18 minutes ago, Counselor said:

15. Cuba Smugglers: Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma

Who? He’s from Oklahoma and plays on the offensive line so I don’t hate it at all.

23 minutes ago, rackcs said:

15. Cuba Smugglers: Alton Robinson, EDGE, Syracuse

You’ve got to to be a real baller if I’m picking people from Syracuse. I don’t recall hearing a lot about him watching in person.

• Like 1

Just now, SirA1 said:

Depending on how RFA pans out I have 3 solid safeties in Walker, Johnson and Bates plus FA. Not a high position of need IMO or value.

I figured those guys were ok but upgrade-able kind of players and I'm really high on Davis and had been trying to slot him somewhere for a bit before getting to your pick. I'm not really considering potential FA stuff in my mocks because it would make things even harder than it is.

Fair enough though all around, especially on the positional value bit. I'll keep it in mind for next time.

• Like 1

Just now, MD4L said:

Need to see him at the combine. Alabama CBs in round 1? Meh.

I hear the slander about how he’s an average player this year. Let’s hope this slander remains the same bc I like him a lot. Evaluation process hasn’t officially started for me yet.

Who? He’s from Oklahoma and plays on the offensive line so I don’t hate it at all.

You’ve got to to be a real baller if I’m picking people from Syracuse. I don’t recall hearing a lot about him watching in person.

I like Diggs a lot. He's only been playing the position a couple of years but is already really good. He is really athletic and has great ball skills. 

Agreed on Delpit. He's had some bad plays this year but I think people are over blowing the concerns about his tackling. Dude is elite.

Humphrey is only a RS So but he's already really good. Powerful but can move some. 

I told you about Robinson last time I mocked him to you lol but he's a really good pass rush kind of guy. Great athleticism but knows how to use pass rushing moves too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

On a side note, I think Ashtyn Davis is one of the more overrated players in this draft. Take that for what you will.

Fair enough, I actually think he's being underrated at this point lol but I've always liked those deep coverage type safeties like back in the day when I had Thomas DeCoud on my team

Edited by rackcs
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I remembered your comment about Brown but you've already got three good INT guys locked up on 4+ year contracts at decent money so I went elsewhere

I’m going totally BPA this year not reaching for needs like Trading up for Dwayne Haskins and Justin Layne smh

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

I’m going totally BPA this year not reaching for needs like Trading up for Dwayne Haskins and Justin Layne smh

Justin Layne was a raw player coming out, give him time. I liked him a lot even before the Steelers picked him. After they grabbed him? HoF lock.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

I apparantly love Alabama players this season 

Lol just noticed that. I mean, if you're getting 3/4 of your guys from one school, Bama is probably the school to get them from. And Ruggs and McKinney are great players. Davis I'm not as high on honestly but that's just my personal opinion.

• Like 1

When I’ve gone BPA off my board I’ve had much better success.

Like Ed Oliver, Dalton Risner, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson just to name a few from this draft. Christian McCaffrey, Cooper Kupp, and George Kittle. 

When I’ve gone need or felt I needed to trade up for need it’s looked like this. Dwayne Haskins, N’Keal Harry, Justin Layne, Christian Miller. Roderick Johnson, Shaquem Griffin from drafts past. 

I have to learn my lesson eventually so this is the year lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

9. Berlin Blitzkrieg (via Hungary): CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma
16. Berlin Blitzkrieg: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
13. Berlin Blitzkrieg (via Singapore): D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia
16. Berlin Blitzkrieg: Marvin Wilson, INT, Florida State
16. Berlin Blitzkrieg: Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn

If Burrow and Tu'a are there at 9, I probably take one of them although I'm a huge Lamb fan.  Partially cause I really don't trust Herbert.  Swift is great, but RB might not be the biggest need depending on Jones and Guice.  I like Wilson a lot, so good choice there.  Prince there in the third makes sense as an athletic OT.  

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

If Burrow and Tu'a are there at 9, I probably take one of them although I'm a huge Lamb fan.  Partially cause I really don't trust Herbert.  Swift is great, but RB might not be the biggest need depending on Jones and Guice.  I like Wilson a lot, so good choice there.  Prince there in the third makes sense as an athletic OT.  

With Lamb it was because I thought he could be that true #1 type WR in your offense and there were a number of QBs on the board. And as for RB, I don't see either of those two being the guy and with an overall lack of needs on your team I thought Swift would be a great fit. Worst case is he and one of those other guys works out and then you've got two complimentary RBs.

Just now, rackcs said:

With Lamb it was because I thought he could be that true #1 type WR in your offense and there were a number of QBs on the board. And as for RB, I don't see either of those two being the guy and with an overall lack of needs on your team I thought Swift would be a great fit. Worst case is he and one of those other guys works out and then you've got two complimentary RBs.

Oh, I adore Lamb, don't get me wrong.  I just have a huge drop off from Tua/Burrow to Herbert/Fromm/Eason.  If I went Lamb at 9 and both Tu'a and Burrow went before 16, I would probably target another position.  

Swift might be BPA and considering Guice's injury history, it definitely makes sense, so I don't dislike the pick.  

• Like 2