BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

2 hours ago, SirA1 said:

I can predict with certainty that my guys will land on the following teams.

Texans - 2

Bengals - 2

Patriots - 1

Jaguars - 1

Rams - 1

Lions -1

Ravens - 1

Most of my guys inadvertently find their way to the Redskins

My Preferred Landing Spots (and likely possibilities)

1. Ed Oliver- Bills

2. Dwayne Haskins- Broncos or Bengals

3. Garrett Bradbury- Rams

4. Noah Fant- Patriots or Raiders

5. N’Keal Harry- Niners or Packers

6. Dalton Risner- Texans

7. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson- Eagles or Packers

8. Justin Layne- Chiefs or Browns

9. Julian Love- Raiders or Lions

10. Christian Miller- Ravens

11. Sean Bunting- Chiefs or Browns

12. Joe Jackson- Panthers or Lions

13. Dru Samia- Falcons

14. Ben-Burr Kirven- Steelers

15. Dawson Knox- Patriots or Broncos

Basically I hope at least one of my TE end up in New England. 

Ivory Coast

1st Rnd / Pick 10 - Ivory Coast Black Rhinos select *Devin White - ILB - LSU                                                

5th Rnd / Pick 1 - Ivory Coast Black Rhinos select *Daniel Jones - QB - Duke                                                

6th Rnd / Pick 6 - Ivory Coast Black Rhinos select Terry McLaurin - WR - Ohio State                                                      

6th Rnd / Pick 10 - Ivory Coast Black Rhinos select Bryce Love - RB - Stanford                                                      

Gains: 2020 3rd(ANC) ; 2020 3rd(CAM) ; 2020 5th(CUB)

Summary:

The Ivory Coast roster is hard for me to judge, given a lot of the players remain from the old London days. There is a very solid spine to the team with key positions filled with generally pro-bowl players and RuskieTitan has done a nice job of filling out the roster so that no position looks too devoid of attention. This draft for me is 50:50, I like the move to pick up 2x valuable 3rd round picks and the selections of White and McLaurin were great value. The other picks however seemed more media-hype driven and I question what value they will really deliver in the future. 

Favourite Pick: Devin White (1.10) – Brilliant value at pick 10 and fills a need with Kwon Alexander looking likely to leave in FA. 

Least Liked Pick: Daniel Jones (5.1) – In BDL as there are only 16 teams, QBs are not actually as valuable as people often believe. With Luck in place long term I don’t see the value of this pick, without even getting into the question of whether Jones is a product of media hype. 

Grade:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

New Orleans

1st Rnd / Pick 1 - New Orleans select *Nick Bosa - DE - Ohio State                                                     

1st Rnd / Pick 3 - New Orleans select Josh Allen - OLB - Kentucky                                                       

1st Rnd / Pick 15 - New Orleans select *Jawaan Taylor - OT - Florida                                                 

2nd Rnd / Pick 5 - New Orleans select *Jeffery Simmons - DT - Mississippi State                                                 

2nd Rnd / Pick 8 - New Orleans select *Jonah Williams - OT - Alabama                                                       

3rd Rnd / Pick 2 - New Orleans select Parris Campbell - WR - Ohio State                                                     

3rd Rnd / Pick 10 - New Orleans select *DreMont Jones - DT - Ohio State                                                   

3rd Rnd / Pick 13 - New Orleans select Darnell Savage Jr. - CB - Maryland                                                   

4th Rnd / Pick 1 - New Orleans select Deebo Samuel - WR - South Carolina                                                

4th Rnd / Pick 2 - New Orleans select Drew Lock - QB - Missouri                                               

4th Rnd / Pick 6 - New Orleans select Chase Winovich - DE - Michigan                                               

Gained: G Kevin Zeitler ; 2020 5th(SEO)

Lost: 2020 5th; 2020 6th

Summary:

New Orleans are a peculiar team to look at on paper they have some good veterans at key positions but seem a little devoid of talented youth with tantalising potential (outside of the QB position), however that changed after this draft. Coming in with several premium picks, it is to be expected that the draft class would look impressive, even in a weak year, however the way that New Orleans have picked up some of the top players at their positions whilst filling needs is extremely impressive. There is obviously some sort of tactic being planned out by Lukic to get cheap, young players into premium, expensive positions (QB last year, DE and OT this year). It will be interesting to see in the next year or so how this gamble pays off short term and what the future looks like if some of these players hit and need to be paid. 

Favourite Pick: Jonah Williams (2.8) – Taking a RT before a LT is an interesting decision but appeared to work out for New Orleans. The ‘concerns’ about arm length probably caused Williams to drop a little but will turn out to be pretty overblown.

Least Liked Pick: Drew Lock (4.2) - #50 overall is a high pick to make on a player that is going to be behind 2x higher rated, young QBs who both showed promise last year.

Grade

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Rome

2nd Rnd / Pick 11 - Rome Eternals select Chris Lindstrom - OG - Boston College                                                  

2nd Rnd / Pick 15 - Rome Eternals select Jerry Tillery - DT - Notre Dame                                                     

3rd Rnd / Pick 6 - Rome Eternals select *Greg Little - OT - Mississippi                                                

4th Rnd / Pick 12 - Rome Eternals select *Deionte Thompson - FS - Alabama                                                      

4th Rnd / Pick 15 - Rome Eternals select *J.J. Arcega-Whiteside - WR - Stanford                                                  

5th Rnd / Pick 15 - Rome Eternals select Jaylon Ferguson - DE - Louisiana Tech                                                    

6th Rnd / Pick 15 - Rome Eternals select *Jamel Dean - CB - Auburn                                                   

Gains: 2020 2nd(ANC) ; 2020 6th(NO)

Lost: S Barry Church

Summary

The make-up of this team with so many key players on 1yr contracts really makes me twitchy, the end of the empire may be soon approaching. Led by Drew Brees, this team selling out its future to compete right now because as soon as a number of these players hit the market, they are likely to be in a worse position to compete anyway. I can’t fault Rome for the value of many of these picks, however I question whether a better option would have been to trade for some veterans on 1-2 yr deals to take advantage of the window they currently have. Some will look at Rome and think it is a team full of ‘players to avoid’ but the risk/reward of these picks is mitigated by the slots they were selected in.  

(Sidenote: I went to Rome recently and it was surprisingly grubby and the people were really rude)

Favourite Pick: Jamel Dean (6.15) – Any time you can get a starter from the 5th round onwards is a bonus tbh and Dean looks like he will end up as a solid starter.

Least Liked Pick: Greg Little (3.6) – Viewing the team's breakdown of spending by position looks like a cardiograph. At such a premium pick I wonder the value on a roster competing now in taking a guy who figures not to look at the starting line-up for at least 2 yrs.

Grade: (I missed the gaining of a 2020 2nd, which is great work, so there is a new grade)

giphy.gif

Edited by Taylor091
  • Like 1

Seoul:

1st Rnd / Pick 4 - Seoul Dragons select *Kyler Murray - QB - Oklahoma                                                       

Lost: G Kevin Zeitler ; 2020 5th

Summary:

Ted obviously took a look at this class and decided that Kyler is the guy he wants to take him into the future. The short-term future will almost certainly see a veteran step into the starting role and the loss of Zeitler will undoubtedly be felt next year. With the draft so close, Seoul will now be crossing their fingers and hoping Murray falls into a situation that plays to his strengths and lets him flourish. There is a bit of extra risk here that Murray could struggle in the NFL and cast his eye back at baseball (he’s only 21 so has time) but the hope is this scenario will not come to fruition for someone so highly regarded.

Favourite Pick: Kyler Murray (1.4) – Reward is high

Least Liked Pick: Kyler Murray (1.4) – Risk is also high

Grade:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Singapore

3rd Rnd / Pick 1 - Singapore Sentinels select *Erik McCoy - C - Texas AM                                                    

4th Rnd / Pick 5 - Singapore Sentinels select Zach Allen - DE - Boston College                                                      

4th Rnd / Pick 9 - Singapore Sentinels select Lonnie Johnson Jr. - CB - Kentucky                                                   

4th Rnd / Pick 10 - Singapore Sentinels select Isaiah Johnson - CB - Houston                                                        

4th Rnd / Pick 13 - Singapore Sentinels select Michael Deiter - OT - Wisconsin                                                    

6th Rnd / Pick 2 - Singapore Sentinels select *Riley Ridley - WR - Georgia                                                   

6th Rnd / Pick 11 - Singapore Sentinels select Ben Banogu - OLB - Texas Christian                                               

6th Rnd / Pick 16 - Singapore Sentinels select Chuma Edoga - OG - Southern California                                                

7th Rnd / Pick 1 - Singapore Sentinels select Nate Davis - OG - Charlotte             

Summary:

I always struggle with SirA drafts, we seem to hold different values on certain players but there is no denying that he has found some fantastic value in the past. That said, this year I actually like a large number of the Singapore picks! Led by Aaron Rodgers, there is an expectation to compete year after year. As with Rome, I question whether trading for veterans is the better way to go but I understand what they have done here, bringing in players to be backups this year with a hope that they can step into starting roles in the future. SirA either really likes this OL class or has decided to invest a quantity of picks in the hope of getting 1-2 starters in the future. One thing is for sure, the food bill is about to go up!

Favourite Pick: Nate Davis (7.1) – I also liked the pick of Lonnie Johnson but Davis seemed like phenomenal value and should really have gone 1-2 rounds earlier.

Least Liked Pick: Michael Deiter (4.13) – Too early for a player that I struggle to give a full-time position. Having positional flexibility is great but it raises the risk that he becomes one of those players that jumps around the line positions and never truly gets settled as a solid starter. 

Grade:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Hungary

1st Rnd / Pick 5 - Hungary select *D.K. Metcalf - WR - Mississippi                                                      

1st Rnd / Pick 7 - Hungary select *T.J. Hockenson - TE - Iowa                                                    

2nd Rnd / Pick 9 - Hungary select Andre Dillard - OT - Washington State                                                    

4th Rnd / Pick 7 - Hungary select Amani Oruwariye - CB - Penn State                                                 

5th Rnd / Pick 5 - Hungary select Andy Isabella - WR - Massachusetts                                               

5th Rnd / Pick 12 - Hungary select *Darrell Henderson - RB - Memphis                                                       

6th Rnd / Pick 3 - Hungary select DAndre Walker - OLB - Georgia                                                       

6th Rnd / Pick 7 - Hungary select L.J. Collier - DE - Texas Christian                                                      

6th Rnd / Pick 9 - Hungary select *Connor McGovern - OG - Penn State                                                     

6th Rnd / Pick 12 - Hungary select Khalen Saunders - DT - Western Illinois                                                 

7th Rnd / Pick 3 - Hungary select Oshane Ximines - DE - Old Dominion                                                        

7th Rnd / Pick 5 - Hungary select Emanuel Hall - WR - Missouri                                                 

Gains: 2020 5th(NO)

Summary:

Overall I really like this class, even if it started off terribly. PR had a lot of picks and generally did a very good job of picking value and taking many of my favourite players in the draft. Next year’s decision on Goff is going to be fascinating but in the short-term, Hungary have positioned themselves well to compete next year. The selection of 3x WRs is understandable given the depth needed at the position and don’t be surprised if Hall ends up the best producer from this crop.

Favourite Pick: Darrell Henderson (5.12) – Leonard Fournette should be very concerned for his position next offseason, especially if Henderson can produce some of the magic he did at Memphis.

Least Liked Pick: DK Metcalf (1.5) – Sorry but I really disagree with this pick. Metcalf was my WR5 so to go at #5 is way too high, though I hope I end up wrong on this one.

Grade:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Williamsport

1st Rnd / Pick 14 - Williamsport Soul Reavers select *Brian Burns - OLB - Florida State                                                 

1st Rnd / Pick 16 - Williamsport Soul Reavers select *Devin Bush - ILB - Michigan                                               

2nd Rnd / Pick 1 - Williamsport Soul Reavers select *Cody Ford - OG - Oklahoma                                                

4th Rnd / Pick 11 - Williamsport Soul Reavers select *Trayvon Mullen - CB - Clemson                                                   

5th Rnd / Pick 3 - Williamsport Soul Reavers select *Miles Boykin - WR - Notre Dame                                                  

7th Rnd / Pick 7 - Williamsport Soul Reavers select Charles Omenihu - DE - Texas                                               

Gains: 2020 2nd(CAM)

Lost: 2020 1st; 2020 2nd; 2020 5th ; 2020 5th(OKC)

Summary:

Sorry Wwickok but you may want to stop reading here. This is a terrible draft for a team that looks like it has gone all in with a roster that looks likely for the #1 overall pick next year. Trading a 1strounder next year for the last pick of the first round and taking a LB was a very poor decision that will set the franchise back for a couple of year and without a huge heap of luck, this team won’t be in contention for many years to come. Unfortunately the draft can be a time where people get caught up in the excitement of what is going on and make foolish trades and it feels like this happened. Despite giving up a large amount of valuable future capital, it doesn’t feel like there is much to takeaway from this class in terms of talent. Burns has star potential and Bush should be a starter but the rest are uninspiring. Given the lack of picks next year, there is no point in Williamsport tearing down the roster, but they will need some shrewd moves in the next 12 months to overcome this draft.

Favourite Pick: 2020 2ndround from Camden (for pick 3.12) – Good damage limitation getting back at least a RL 1strounder next year. Camden taking a LB is ironic given the amount you gave up to get Bush.

Least Liked Pick: Devin Bush (1.16) – An awful lot was given up to get Bush. Even if he ‘hits’ I’m not sure it is worth the cost for a 4-3 OLB.

Grade:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

First of all, Bush will play 3-4 ILB. Second of all, I'll enjoy proving every last one of you wrong. That is all. I am not thr least bit surprised how negative people have been toward me and the draft. Dont worry, you'll learn the errors of your ways soon enough.

Have you read the rest of his rankings? He bashed most people. It's part of his shtick.