BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

54 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Clark is a fair bit better than Ford overall.  It was basically a 1st and Ford for Clark.  I dunno if he is that much better though.

He is better but i agree. Not sure the difference is so significant that it warranted a 1st round pick. HOWEVER Ford is a much better OLB than DE imo. Frank Clark is a better 4-3 End.

14 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

He is better but i agree. Not sure the difference is so significant that it warranted a 1st round pick. HOWEVER Ford is a much better OLB than DE imo. Frank Clark is a better 4-3 End.

The other aspect is that I have minimal doubts that Clark will continue to be a consistent double digit sack guy throughout the contract.  I don't have the same faith in Ford.  I mean, let's say Clark averages 12 sacks a year for the duration of the contract...he would be worth the trade.  

10 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Its more the fact you're trading premium picks and then paying him that much that's the issue for me.

Eh, the value at 16-75 is about the same in this draft and they have two 2nds that they didn't give up and moved up in the 3rd as well.

8 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

So could PR split the Goff hit from year to year? So 12.5m this year and next, or does it have to be in the 5th?

He could add year 4 and year 5, divide it by two, and that'd be his new yearly average for the next couple years.

This year is 4k.  Next year 10k.  Total is 14k.  It'd become 7k per year.

I made up the numbers.

Edited by Ragnarok

8 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

So could PR split the Goff hit from year to year? So 12.5m this year and next, or does it have to be in the 5th?

Unofficially, I believe so.  Also likely why he decided to do it now instead of waiting 

Just now, Ragnarok said:

He could add year 4 and year 5, divide it by two, and that'd be his new yearly average for the next couple years.

This year is 4k.  Next year 10k.  Total is 14k.  It'd become 7k per year.

The option is 22k bro 

22.4 + the 2.6 he's making now is 25.  Divide 25 by two, get 12.5