BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Lukic might have with Daniel Jones going #6.

Unfortunately, you and me had the biggest drop with Metcalf and Byron not going in the first.  

59 slots for Jones and 58 for Collier. Got him by one haha

Oliver- BDL 6/ IRL 9 (-3)

Haskins- BDL 8/ IRL 15 (-7)

Garrett Bradbury- BDL 26/ IRL 18 (+8)

Noah Fant- BDL 28/ IRL 20 (+8)

N’Keal Harry- BDL 35/ IRL 32 (+3)

Sean Bunting- BDL 75/ IRL 39 (+36)

Dalton Risner- BDL 36/IRL 41 (-5)

Justin Layne- BDL 47/ IRL 83 (-36)

Dawson Knox- BDL 108/ IRL 96 (+12)

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson- BDL 43/ IRL 105 (-62)

Julian Love- BDL 73/ IRL 

So far I’m 

4 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Ok wow.  We had Jawaan Taylor, Byron Murphy, Greedy Williams, DK Metcalf, Cody Ford, and AJ Brown taken top 19 in BDL.  All of them slid to the RL 2nd round.  

Cody Ford did slide for sure the thing about that you have to understand is I never believed he would be taking that high in real life. I did however feel like he would not make it to my second round pick in BDL. So when I approached the video Drive I did so considering both real life and BDL values not just one

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Cody Ford did slide for sure the thing about that you have to understand is I never believed he would be taking that high in real life. I did however feel like he would not make it to my second round pick in BDL. So when I approached the video Drive I did so considering both real life and BDL values not just one

I don't think we have ever had that many guys taken that high in BDL slide so far back.  That was my main point.  But for us, it's far more important that our guys go to teams that are a good scheme fit than where exactly they get drafted.  

I love that Quinnen gets to play next to Leonard IRL.  Also very happy where Marquise landed as he is their best WR today.  And Baker will be starting quickly as well.  

17 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I don't think we have ever had that many guys taken that high in BDL slide so far back.  That was my main point.  But for us, it's far more important that our guys go to teams that are a good scheme fit than where exactly they get drafted.  

I love that Quinnen gets to play next to Leonard IRL.  Also very happy where Marquise landed as he is their best WR today.  And Baker will be starting quickly as well.  

I agree completely I am absolutely thrilled that Devin Bush ended up as the Pittsburgh Steelers new inside linebacker. There's two reasons for that I think it bodes really well for me as an owner in BDL and I'm a Steeler fan. Add for Kodi Ford will see where he'll and you're absolutely right about that. In your criticism I mean and that's not really what it was that's not what you were doing but I'm just choosing that word of the guy sliding back is actually spot on. While I had my reasons for doing what I did the fact of the matter is that particular player was not taken where that BDL pic represents in real life

Remaining guys and ideal spots:

Lock - Broncos

Taylor - Jaguars

Campbell - Chiefs

Samuel - 49ers

Winovich - Steelers/Ravens

Jones - Patriots

I'm pretty happy with where every one of my 1st rounders taken ended up. Simmons could've been a bit better I guess, but learning from Casey will be great.

25 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Remaining guys and ideal spots:

Lock - Broncos

Taylor - Jaguars

Campbell - Chiefs

Samuel - 49ers

Winovich - Steelers/Ravens

Jones - Patriots

I'm pretty happy with where every one of my 1st rounders taken ended up. Simmons could've been a bit better I guess, but learning from Casey will be great.

I've been saying it on the main thread, but Josh Allen is not a good fit for Jax. Guess he'll start as rotational/subpackage player, but down the road, I'd rather see him as 3-4 LB or as a SLB on a 4-3. Don't think he's good as a pure end in a 4-3, and I don't see him playing elsewhere in Jax.

Other terrible landing spot is Marquise Brown. Nothing against the player, but we saw Lamar couldn't complete a pass to John Brown last year. Even if Hollywood is a better player, I don't think Ravens offense will allow him to show his skills as much as other offenses. Plus their interior OL is terrible, which isn't great to develop a deep passing game.

30 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I've been saying it on the main thread, but Josh Allen is not a good fit for Jax. Guess he'll start as rotational/subpackage player, but down the road, I'd rather see him as 3-4 LB or as a SLB on a 4-3. Don't think he's good as a pure end in a 4-3, and I don't see him playing elsewhere in Jax.

Other terrible landing spot is Marquise Brown. Nothing against the player, but we saw Lamar couldn't complete a pass to John Brown last year. Even if Hollywood is a better player, I don't think Ravens offense will allow him to show his skills as much as other offenses. Plus their interior OL is terrible, which isn't great to develop a deep passing game.

He won't play end. They'll play him as a LEO. 

I’m happy with my players landing spots so far. I guess on my end of things. I also traded down like the Broncos and took Fant. I however got a 2020 pick from 16-32 and a pick in the top half of the third to do so. 

Oliver in McDermott’s system is going to be a stud. He really wants to be in Buffalo also. Can’t say that for a lot of guys...

Haskins in Washington. Better than New York IMO, where they still seem in love with Eli. Haskins has a chance to do big things in Jay Gruden’s scheme.

Bradbury in Minnesota. This is where I thought he was going to go. Can kick Elflein out to guard and I really like the system fit. My current BDL QB and C are together IRL. 

Fant in Denver. In Scangarello’s offense which will be modeled off SF with Kittle this will be a huge one for me. Flacco loves his TE. Might take a while for him to develop but I have Kittle so no sweat.

Harry in New England. This is the one I’m excited but also nervous about. Any WR playing with Brady could be a plus (Brady doesn’t have forever though). However New England doesn’t seem like the best team at evaluating WR talent. But he goes before Brown and Metcalf. I’m very interested in how he is going to be used in NE.