BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

12 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I understand that but why sign a third now? 

Not stupid to have Osemele as a swing guard/tackle. I had Saffold on that role last year and he played G and RT for me. I guess Osemele can have the save role for PR if he can't trade him. 

12 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Not stupid to have Osemele as a swing guard/tackle. I had Saffold on that role last year and he played G and RT for me. I guess Osemele can have the save role for PR if he can't trade him. 

I don't think he questions the role just the money aspect.

24 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Furthermore it's all about filling the need. Mitch Morse is a good example of that. The only Center I had on the roster was actually a left guard so I needed to make sure I got somebody who was going to legitimately be a starter in 2019.

PR didn't have that need, you did. Different situations

2nd wave of signings is complete. Next wave will be this afternoon or early evening.

Will there be any last minute surprise offerings before the Friday midnight deadline? Let's hope so.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Furthermore it's all about filling the need. Mitch Morse is a good example of that. The only Center I had on the roster was actually a left guard so I needed to make sure I got somebody who was going to legitimately be a starter in 2019.

You could've just 3upped him. 

Also always have like 3 Centers because BDL is finicky if your starter gets hurt. 

I went about this as getting Marpet to trade kne of the other two plus having him on a 5 year deal secures him in place at a lower cost than both Norwell and Osemele

Mark Glowinski only started 9 games but gave up O sacks and had 1 false start and 2 holding penalties. Signed a new three year deal to stay with the team. 

Laken Tomlinson started all 16. Gave up 5 sacks 5 false starts and 1 hold. Pretty good season.

However one went for 3k a year the other is now going for over 9k...