BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

I'm only doing winning bids, I'll add the rest when all of them sign with teams. 

Anchorage Wolves

OG Mark Glowinski $3,000/3 years (9000 total) - A decent buy low candidate coming off a solid half year, but still his history suggests he'll suck again. C+ grade.

C Sam Jones $501/2 (1,002 total) - Might start for the broncos, might be cut. Decent gamble at a low price. B grade.

OT La'el Collins $3,850/4 years (15,400 total) = Collins isn't a terrible starter and he could get better, this is a decent contract but Collins isn't BDL starter material right now IMO. C+ grade.

OT Ja’Wuan James $6,375/ 3 years (19,125 total) - I have a higher opinion of James than most and think he's a good player, and given his landing spot he should start this year. Hate the contract though. C- grade.

OT Desmond Harrison $751/2  1,502 total - lol. F grade.

Camden Hood Rats

QB Jimmy Garoppolo 5 years $75,000 (15k/year) = I mean I would've preferred Cam who I beleive had a lower starting price for the higher upside/track record. Jimmy is solid but SirA will testify as to why Jimmy probably isn't worth this plus Lamar should've been the starter so camden can pick no.1 next year. C+ grade.

OT Jason Peters 2 years $7,000 (3,500/year) - Eagles homer gets to bring home a good player for his final season, solid deal. B grade.

Cuba Smugglers

Taysom Hill, QB/OW - $501/2 years - Best FA signing by far, This is a solid deal but eh Hill might not make the roster. C grade.

Hungary Hippos

OG Ali Marpet - $44,500/5 ($8900 per) - Overpay for a solid but not great lineman. B- grade.

OT Marcus Gilbert 12328/4year (3082 per) - This dude used to be good, now he's a turnstile. C- grade. 

New Orleans Jizz

OT Andrew Whitworth $33,000 (6600/year) - For what amounts to a 1-2 year contract this is a pretty solid deal. B grade.

Portland

QB Jacoby Brissett - $1,252/2 (626/yr) - Feels like a waste of money but given Luck's injury history and Brissett's talent/future destiny to get overpaid in FA this makes sense. B grade.

OL Nick Easton $5626/2 (2813/yr) - After missing all of last year to a neck injury, spending this much on a guy with that injury is risky. C grade.

Rome Eternals

G Mike Iupati 2 years 2800 (1400 per) - Solid gamble for the once great 49er. C+ grade.

Seoul Dragons

OG Mike Person - 4125/3 (1375 per) - A homer signing for a quality starting guard, A grade.

Williamsport Soul Reavers

OT Donovan Smith – 4 yrs @ $7,000 per/$28,000 - This is an overpay for a below average LT, I traded him for a reason. C- grade.

C B.J. Finney 4 years @ 1,600 per/ $6,400 - Finney might start for Pittsburgh, or he'll be a high quality backup like last year. B grade.

C Mitch Morse 4 Years @ $8,500 per/ $34,000 - The best C in FA goes for a bit too much but still Williamsport needed the o-line help. B+ grade.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DingoLadd said:

plus Lamar should've been the starter so camden can pick no.1 next year. C+ grade.

1. I don't have many picks next year, a first included.

2. That's incredibly disrespectful to my roster as a whole.

27 minutes ago, Jlash said:

1. I don't have many picks next year, a first included.

2. That's incredibly disrespectful to my roster as a whole.

BDL is a QB league, you know this.

Your QB is either Lamar "The WR" Jackson, or the guy who could be so great but can't stay healthy. 

You have some talent on offense with Nuk, Michel if he stays healthy and Engram if Eli checks down a lot more but that doesn't change the fact you have a bottom 4 QB situation. 

2 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

You just paid a RT 7,000/year and he doesn't even play RT IRL, prepare for the "not his natural position" arguments. 

Well that is a fair argument he has played right tackle at times in the past. If Chuks ends up the starter in Pitt, hell be my starter here

15 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Well that is a fair argument he has played right tackle at times in the past. If Chuks ends up the starter in Pitt, hell be my starter here

The only people who are going to cry about you putting a LT at RT are Dingo like pansies. More people would cry if you moved a RT to LT. But the same people will do it  if they have to do it because of injuries although they already cried about you doing it. Just a bunch of cry babies is all it is. Do what works for you. 

• Like 4