BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

So instead of arguing about this Kupp thing for this week let's figure out how to handle this moving forward..  Anyone opposed to trades not agreed to by Saturday at 1159 AM do not count towards that week? 

I'm opposed. I'm gonna make a post right after this because I want a 'clean slate' to explain why.

@rackcs @Ragnarok @TedLavie @bcb1213 @Jlash @PR @SwoleXmad @pheltzbahr @Pickle Rick @The Orca @WFLukic @Whicker @MD4L @RuskieTitan @SirA1

I am piggy backing off what Whicker said earlier and this is my proposal, based on the Proposal that Whicker made.

I propose that Saturday & Sunday Trades are prohibited completely.

Trades are permitted from Monday at 00:00 EST and allowed to be done up until Thursday @ 11:59pm EST.

Trades must be approved by Friday @ 11:59pm for involved players to be eligible for Sunday matchups. Any trades not approved by this time that have been posted for approval would make ALL players involved ineligible to take part in ANY matchup on Sunday.

This allows a full 24 hrs for gameplanning

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 2

I've voted real quick but will not have time to properly comment this week although I technically posted in all the threads because I posted them ;)

Working close to 60 hours a week hasn't given me much time to do anything but sleep and work this week.

3 hours ago, WFLukic said:

How do these petty arguments keep happening. I don't get it lol.

Blame the internet. 

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

It's BDL.  We have our spats and then we're good.

Unless you'e blue.

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

An alternative would be to just prohibit trades on Sat / Sun all together.

I'd also suggest to mandate that Eastern Time Zone is the standard for all time stamp enforcement.

Nononono All trades posted sat/sun cannot be approved until monday and players involved in trades cannot be used until the following week. 

Also that's just cruel. 

5 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Blame the internet. 

Unless you'e blue.

Nononono All trades posted sat/sun cannot be approved until monday and players involved in trades cannot be used until the following week. 

Also that's just cruel. 

My proposal completely eliminates "crosshaired confusion"

32 minutes ago, PR said:

If a guy is a FA and he is signed after 430 pm on Saturday he is ineligible to play on Sunday. Don't see why we can't adopt that here.

That's just the thing. No one in our trade played. No one tried to play them. The rules have always been if the trade isn't approved, it doesn't take effect. One guy saw a trade get agreed upon, decided he could use that to his advantage in his gameplan because it benefited him and when it didn't, now it's a problem. 

• Like 2