BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

That's just the thing. No one in our trade played. No one tried to play them. The rules have always been if the trade isn't approved, it doesn't take effect. One guy saw a trade get agreed upon, decided he could use that to his advantage in his gameplan because it benefited him and when it didn't, now it's a problem. 

This.

11 hours ago, Jlash said:

That's just the thing. No one in our trade played. No one tried to play them. The rules have always been if the trade isn't approved, it doesn't take effect. One guy saw a trade get agreed upon, decided he could use that to his advantage in his gameplan because it benefited him and when it didn't, now it's a problem. 

Lol.  Attack unnecessary.  

I said let's figure this out so it's not an issue moving forward. 

Imo if you trade a guy and both team say yea, he's not eligible on the  team that literally just traded him away.  That's just logic man.  In no way in any realm would there be a trade announced but the guy plays for the team that traded him anyhow 

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Lol.  Attack unnecessary.  

I said let's figure this out so it's not an issue moving forward. 

Imo if you trade a guy and both team say yea, he's not eligible on the  team that literally just traded him away.  That's just logic man.  In no way in any realm would there be a trade announced but the guy plays for the team that traded him anyhow 

Logic would to me dictate that until the trade has been approved, he is still on his original team

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Logic would to me dictate that until the trade has been approved, he is still on his original team

But he wouldn't play.   If the giants traded Golden Tate at 6 PM today but the league hadn't approved it yet or he hadn't taken his physical with his new team, he still wouldn't be playing for the giants tonight 

Edited by bcb1213

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

But he wouldn't play.   If the giants traded Golden Tate at 6 PM today but the league hadn't approved it yet or he hadn't taken his physical with his new team, he still wouldn't be playing for the giants tonight 

The thing is though that in the NFL if the Giants traded him the trade would be approved pretty much right away as far as the league is concerned. Since we don't have that here for understandable reasons it shouldn't be the same. In the scenario of not having taken his physical he would still already be on the new team. I think that the logical solution should be based around trade approval. If a trade is not approved by Friday at midnight or whatever the deadline would be, he should be on his old team for that week.

@rackcs @Ragnarok @TedLavie @bcb1213 @Jlash @PR @SwoleXmad @pheltzbahr @Pickle Rick @The Orca @WFLukic @Whicker @MD4L @RuskieTitan @SirA1

I am piggy backing off what Whicker said earlier and this is my proposal, based on the Proposal that Whicker made.

I propose that Saturday & Sunday Trades are prohibited completely.

Trades are permitted from Monday at 00:00 EST and allowed to be done up until Thursday @ 11:59pm EST.

Trades must be approved by Friday @ 11:59pm for involved players to be eligible for Sunday matchups. Any trades not approved by this time that have been posted for approval would make ALL players involved ineligible to take part in ANY matchup on Sunday.

This allows a full 24 hrs for gameplanning

*these parameters would not apply in offseason*

Right there is your solution. 100% eliminates the possibility of it happening again.

Edited by wwhickok

Furthermore you cannot base everything go element of this league on what does or does not happen in real life.

I've said the same thing about voting. I'm not trying to make this about that but the two discussions have similarities. Often people base their votes on RL stats, that's fine. As long as you're considering that the situation that exists for them IRL doesnt exist here in BDL. It's a completely different set of players for the team their on and the team their opposing so the situations are essentially completely different. You cant necessarily just completely base this league off of RL situations.