BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

14 minutes ago, rackcs said:

The thing is though that in the NFL if the Giants traded him the trade would be approved pretty much right away as far as the league is concerned. Since we don't have that here for understandable reasons it shouldn't be the same. In the scenario of not having taken his physical he would still already be on the new team. I think that the logical solution should be based around trade approval. If a trade is not approved by Friday at midnight or whatever the deadline would be, he should be on his old team for that week.

That's all I'm asking is we should figure that out moving forward 

Let's be real I trade in this league the has been agreed upon but not yet approved is like a trade rumor leading up to the actual trade in real life.

Take the Minkah Fitzpatrick trade for example. It was rumored for days that Pittsburgh was among the teams trying to trade for Minkah.

When the trade actually happened, it was immediate, it was early enough in the week that Minkah was eligible to play for Pittsburgh and did. But that previous sunday, despite likely knowing he was about to be traded, he also played for Miami.

So, insititue the rule I and Whicker came up with and it avoids this scenario completely.

Because if the trade isnt approved by the deadline the player(s) are ineligible for both teams as they would be irl.

Edited by wwhickok