Jump to content
RamRod

Cowboys @ Rams

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

We don't need a HFA. The other side not having a HFA advantages us. As long as our offense can communicate, we're fine. It is what it is. It's what happens when you bail on a city for two decades.

Uhhh nope that's the problem. The otherside is practically getting a HFA advantage against us. Check the last two times Philly came to LA. Even the Vikings had a crowd.

 

And it's been 3 years since they left, they're a superbowl contender, and have done what they could to give back to the community. No excuses. Show up and support or team. The Raiders bailed on LA and went back to Oakland and those fans still showed up. Even when they were trash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

Uhhh nope that's the problem. The otherside is practically getting a HFA advantage against us. Check the last two times Philly came to LA. Even the Vikings had a crowd.

 

And it's been 3 years since they left, they're a superbowl contender, and have done what they could to give back to the community. No excuses. Show up and support or team. The Raiders bailed on LA and went back to Oakland and those fans still showed up. Even when they were trash.

No, they're not. Neither side gets an advantage. You don't erase 20+ years of no team in 3 years. People develop other rooting interests. It takes time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

No, they're not. Neither side gets an advantage. You don't erase 20+ years of no team in 3 years. People develop other rooting interests. It takes time.

False. Below is an article outlining the advantage the Eagles had over us even though it was in LA. Any offsides penalties or need to burn timeouts early because Goff can't hear is a disadvantage to us and an advantage for the other team.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/05/nfl-los-angeles-rams-philadelphia-eagles-fans-week-14-silent-count/

 

Also, all I hear for the year leading up to the move was that LA fans only show up for winning teams. Welp. We're here. We're winning. Where's the fans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

False. Below is an article outlining the advantage the Eagles had over us even though it was in LA. Any offsides penalties or need to burn timeouts early because Goff can't hear is a disadvantage to us and an advantage for the other team.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/05/nfl-los-angeles-rams-philadelphia-eagles-fans-week-14-silent-count/

 

Also, all I hear for the year leading up to the move was that LA fans only show up for winning teams. Welp. We're here. We're winning. Where's the fans?

There are two issues with your article:

1. It's from 2017; and

2. It was written before the Eagles game.

I'm not sure how it outlined the advantage the Eagles had over us when it was written before we played them. I don't recall any issues in that game with crowd noise for the other side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This place has an odd smell, but I'm going to post up in here for awhile.

 

I'm not to concerned about Aaron Donald because Dak doesn't really step up in the pocket, or really use the pocket at all. He's pretty much useless in the pocket anyway, but when he gets outside the tackle box we are getting a first down one way or another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

This place has an odd smell, but I'm going to post up in here for awhile.

 

I'm not to concerned about Aaron Donald because Dak doesn't really step up in the pocket, or really use the pocket at all. He's pretty much useless in the pocket anyway, but when he gets outside the tackle box we are getting a first down one way or another.

Aaron Donald doesn't rely on QBs stepping up in the pocket. He blows by your OL(s) and gets to the QB. Dak can try to flush out, but both our EDGE defenders are quite athletic. Of course, neither is consistent with lane integrity, so he'll probably have some opportunities to run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the divisional round set, so are the point spreads for all four games. The Rams opened as seven-point favorites over the Cowboys, according to the Westgate Superbook.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

With the divisional round set, so are the point spreads for all four games. The Rams opened as seven-point favorites over the Cowboys, according to the Westgate Superbook.

 

This is going to drop dramatically I believe by Saturday. ESPN, NFL Network, and FS1 will pump the Cowboys everyday this week. I expect the line to get down to -3.5 to -4 by kickoff. O/U is at 49 which I think will go under.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re Allen Hurns:

“We’ve communicated via text and the surgery went well. He seems to be doing well, seems to be in good spirits,” Garrett said. “It was a significant injury, but he was in surgery soon after it happened and by all accounts the surgery went well and there’s an expectation of a full recovery.”

 

Re Cole Beasley:

“We’ll just see how he feels as the week goes on. He did get an ankle sprain in the game, was able to fight through it and be very effective for us throughout,” he said. “But we’ll see how it feels. Seemed like he was doing a little bit better today and we’ll just see how he is day by day as the week goes on.”

 

With that in mind, Garrett said it’s a viable option that the team might call second-year wide receiver Lance Lenoir back from the practice squad

 

 

Regarding XSF:

 

“We’ll see what happens with Xavier Su’a-Filo,” he said. “We’re optimistic that he’ll improve as the week goes on, so hopeful that he’ll be able to go.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I think one of the things no one is talking about is the adjustments we are going to see form McVay. I firmly believe that we closed the playbook about week 11, after the Chiefs firework show and the Bye week that we purposefully showed only the tendencies people were picking up on.

The TEs are going to be more involved than the "replace Kupp with Reynolds" route we took, and now that we have 2 good RBs, we can keep the whole playbook open when Gurley needs a breather.

With the possible rain storm on Saturday night, I could see us running a possible Split Back set a ton, with alot of misdirection having Gurley and CJ go for a combined 40 touches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ll be wearing throwbacks so we can expect the Cowboys to wear whites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing you guys after the dirty ankle twisting Seahawks sucks. How does your team survive that twice a year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Playing you guys after the dirty ankle twisting Seahawks sucks. How does your team survive that twice a year?

 We have a Hulk you don’t want to see him angry, and we punch them in the mouth first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Playing you guys after the dirty ankle twisting Seahawks sucks. How does your team survive that twice a year?

Seriously. I think that I something both fan-bases can agree on, Screw the Seahawks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Playing you guys after the dirty ankle twisting Seahawks sucks. How does your team survive that twice a year?

They try their hardest to injure our guys too. They sometimes succeed, but we beat them anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×