Cowboys @ Rams

RamRod

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Just as I thought, we have lost 1 road game since obtaining Cooper. The Colts game.

2017 6-2 on the road

2016  6-1* on the road (I dont count week 17 when we benched 1/2 our team)

2015 - We were awful and lost almost all our games

2014 - 8-0 on the road

Here are your away games:

Panthers - 8-16 L

Seahawks - 13-24 L

Texans - 16-19 L

Redskins - 17-20 L

Eagles - 27-20 W

Falcons - 22-19 W

Colts - 0-23 L

Giants - 36-35 W

Here are Dak's numbers at home vs. on the road:

Home - 179/248 72.2% 1995 passing yards 8.6 YPA 14 TDs 3 Ints 109.5 passer rating

Road - 177/278 63.7% 1890 passing yards 6.6 YPA 8 TDs 5 Ints 85.6 passer rating

Yeah, you "only" lost one game since acquiring Cooper, but you barely eked out all three of your wins. And Dak is a completely different QB on the road this year.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

No. I am simply pointing out that the Cowboys have been a much better away team in the recent past. We lost away games earlier this year, but most of that was due to our ridiculous slow start (crap offense, no Cooper). Jrry is peddling a stat that I personally dont put any stock into. You can believe whatever you want. 

I'm not surprised you don't like the stat, but the truth doesn't depend on you liking it. The Cowboys have struggled on the road this year. The Rams are an outstanding home team. Dak is a totally different QB on the road. Goff is a totally different QB at home. Unfortunately for you, that goes in opposite directions.

Goff at Home - 207/303 68.3% 2737 passing yards 9.0 YPA 22 TDs 3 Ints 116.7 passer rating

Dak on the Road - 177/278 63.7% 1890 passing yards 6.6 YPA 8 TDs 5 Ints 85.6 passer rating

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, you "only" lost one game since acquiring Cooper, but you barely eked out all three of your wins. And Dak is a completely different QB on the road this year.

You are still missing the point. Before Cooper, Dak and our entire offense was objectively awful. Post Cooper, much better. You are really trying to hard to create a narrative. 

Daks career home rating is 98. His away is 94. And all his stats fall into line with that. 

As I said, you can believe that Dak magically forgot to play on the road for 4 of his 24 attempts. Or you can see the very obvious - that those all came at a time without Cooper and when our whole offense sucked majorly. 

24 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Dak on the Road - 177/278 63.7% 1890 passing yards 6.6 YPA 8 TDs 5 Ints 85.6 passer rating

Dak on the Road w/Cooper - 99/151 66% 1072 yards, 7.1 YPA, 4 (7 total) 1 INT 93 passer rating. 

Dak on the Road w/o Cooper - 78/127 61% 818 yards, 6.4 YPA, 4TDs, 4 ints 75 passer rating

As I said...... Do you clearly see the before and after? Every stat is up like 10-20%

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak on the Road w/Cooper - 99/151 66% 1072 yards, 7.1 YPA, 4 (7 total) 1 INT 94 passer rating. 

Dak on the Road w/o Cooper - 78/127 61% 818 yards, 6.4 YPA, 4TDs, 4 ints 75 passer rating

As I said...... Do you clearly see the before and after? Every stat is up like 10-20%

No, I don't. His road stats with Cooper are inflated by a terrible Giants team. Without that game, he has 1 TD to 1 Int across three games, the Cowboys have averaged only 16 PPG, and Dak has very pedestrian numbers. Y'all want to cherry-pick with Cooper, but you're only averaging 22.1 PPG in the 9 (regular season) games he played. In the 7 games prior to Cooper, you averaged 20 PPG. That's not a significant jump.

25 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You are still missing the point. Before Cooper, Dak and our entire offense was objectively awful. Post Cooper, much better. You are really trying to hard to create a narrative. 

Daks career home rating is 98. His away is 94. And all his stats fall into line with that. 

As I said, you can believe that Dak magically forgot to play on the road for 4 of his 24 attempts. Or you can see the very obvious - that those all came at a time without Cooper and when our whole offense sucked majorly. 

Or I can recognize that teams play differently from year to year. Goff had dominant stats on the road last year and only decent stats at home. This year, he has dominant stats at home and mediocre stats on the road. Did Goff suddenly forget how to play on the road? No. The Rams and Cowboys are simply better teams at home this year.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

No, I don't. His road stats with Cooper are inflated by a terrible Giants team. Without that game, he has 1 TD to 1 Int across three games, the Cowboys have averaged only 16 PPG, and Dak has very pedestrian numbers. Y'all want to cherry-pick with Cooper, but you're only averaging 22.1 PPG in the 9 (regular season) games he played. In the 7 games prior to Cooper, you averaged 20 PPG. That's not a significant jump.

Strawman. 

Go on bud, you just believe what you want. 

As for our PPG, I recommend you look at PPD. There is a reason our games are typically low scoring. And the Giants game was without Zeke, Smith and Martin. Lets take away Gurley and your top 2 OL then marginalize what Goff did. Or lets dont, because that is stupid. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Strawman. 

Go on bud, you just believe what you want. 

As for our PPG, I recommend you look at PPD. There is a reason our games are typically low scoring. And the Giants game was without Zeke, Smith and Martin. Lets take away Gurley and your top 2 OL then marginalize what Goff did. Or lets dont, because that is stupid. 

I don't have to cherry-pick games to make Goff look good. In fact, you'd have to cherry-pick games to make Goff look bad. What you're saying is about as significant as me saying, "Hey, just ignore everything that occurred after the Rams clinched the division. We stopped trying at that point." Even when I look at the period of time you offered, the Cowboys have been unimpressive on the road. And Dak has been unimpressive on the road. The stats are the stats. You might believe that the Cowboys will overcome those things or that they won't play a factor, but I am under no obligation to ignore chinks in your team's armor.

3 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

Here's a fun stat for you two to look up regarding Amari Cooper.  Check out his stats vs Talib (All-Time) :D:D

I tried to google to no avail... where would I go about finding this? And is there stats vs Peters?

3 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

I tried to google to no avail... where would I go about finding this? And is there stats vs Peters?

No, I'm actually looking for them right now.  Someone on social media had those exact stats.  Talib vs Cooper and Peters vs Cooper all time stats.  Cooper has had a couple great games vs Peters....I think even a 200 yd one :/?  But Talib has basically shut him down every time they've met.  I'll try and find it again

4 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

Here's a fun stat for you two to look up regarding Amari Cooper.  Check out his stats vs Talib (All-Time) :D:D

Spoiler: Talib basically makes Cooper irrelevant

True. Will he follow him?

Coopers impact has been more than just his production though. Its absolutely a trickle down effect. Its allowed our other WRs to face CBs further down in the pecking order. Its changed how defenses have played us. Its helped with Dak's confidence. Even if Cooper has <50 yards, I think his impact will be felt. 

1 minute ago, RamPackFan said:

No, I'm actually looking for them right now.  Someone on social media had those exact stats.  Talib vs Cooper and Peters vs Cooper all time stats.  Cooper has had a couple great games vs Peters....I think a 200 yd one :/  But Talib has basically shut him down every time they've met.  I'll try and find it again

Thanks! I'm sure there's a database where you can type in a WR and a DB (or other positions) and their head to head pop up. If not, someone smart make it lol

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Coopers impact has been more than just his production though. Its absolutely a trickle down effect. Its allowed our other WRs to face CBs further down in the pecking order. Its changed how defenses have played us. Its helped with Dak's confidence. Even if Cooper has <50 yards, I think his impact will be felt. 

The corner further down the pecking order is Marcus Peters. Against a 1 (ie Mike Thomas) or good 2 (Juju) I'd be nervous. But give me Peters vs Gallup every time.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Yea, I'm not too worried about Cooper.  I don't think he'll be much of a factor to be honest.  I'm more worried about Zeke.  If we stop him we win...it's that easy

Archived