Cowboys @ Rams

RamRod

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Did you read the first 2 points? And if you didnt watch the game, you wouldnt realize the game was alot more close than the score. In the first half alone we were inside their redzone like 2-3 times alone. 

Actually, you were in the redzone two times all game, and one of those was the last drive of the game already down 23-0. Did YOU watch the game? 

Including "questionable officiating" is an easy way out and a typical fans excuse nowadays when their team loses but the Cowboys got stomped that game, plain and simple. Teams have bad weeks so you can't hold that one game against them (trust me, we know), but they would have lost that game with perfect officiating and it's not hard to think that if Marlon Mack could do it against your defense at home, then Todd Gurley could as well. 

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

Actually, you were in the redzone two times all game, and one of those was the last drive of the game already down 23-0. Did YOU watch the game? 

Including "questionable officiating" is an easy way out and a typical fans excuse nowadays when their team loses but the Cowboys got stomped that game, plain and simple. Teams have bad weeks so you can't hold that one game against them (trust me, we know), but they would have lost that game with perfect officiating and it's not hard to think that if Marlon Mack could do it against your defense at home, then Todd Gurley could as well. 

Questionable officiating was listed as the 3rd, after two self inflicting reasons, for a reason. It wasnt as big of a deal and at no point did I state it as the majority reason.

As for the redzone - - I distinctly remember being inside the 5 yards line and dropping an easy TD as well as getting near the goal line and having penalties/sacks that pushed us out of field goal range in the first half alone. Must have been just outside of the redzone if you are correct. 

14 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Youre right. Two probowl backs is different. Last time we played a team with 2 probowl backs they ran for 65 yards total with 3.5 YPC. 

In Dallas. You keep conveniently ignoring that little nugget. You're 7-1 at home and 3-5 on the road. (I could also point out that C.J. Anderson is averaging 5 yards per carry against your defense this year. ;))

I really think like the Colts you have to break our team into two halves.  

1st and 2nd.  That doesn’t guarantee anything I know but we have been a totally different team second half.   Our D benefits a lot from our ball control offense and we were very solid second half in D while controlling the ball well on O - last game we like you rested a ton of players on both sides 

Yeah we got our lunch handed to us by Indy but even with that the game was much more competitive then the score indicated if we had actually taken the points available rather then going for it in almost every 4th down in scoring position after the first drive where we got a mid range FG dropped we would have scored 16-19 Points at least 

46 minutes ago, quiller said:

I really think like the Colts you have to break our team into two halves.  

1st and 2nd.  That doesn’t guarantee anything I know but we have been a totally different team second half.   Our D benefits a lot from our ball control offense and we were very solid second half in D while controlling the ball well on O - last game we like you rested a ton of players on both sides 

Yeah we got our lunch handed to us by Indy but even with that the game was much more competitive then the score indicated if we had actually taken the points available rather then going for it in almost every 4th down in scoring position after the first drive where we got a mid range FG dropped we would have scored 16-19 Points at least 

And if a few things went differently in our games vs Chicago and New Orleans we could have won both of those. If your game vs New Orleans had a few things go differently you could have lost that. Isn’t this a fun game to pick and choose what to put stock into and what to gloss over? In the end the best practice is to take the results of each game at face value and move forward. In the end they won’t matter Saturday evening it’s all about how they play. Most of us seem to feel this is a tough matchup and the one we wanted the least this round. We don’t see that a lot from anybody else.  

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

In Dallas. You keep conveniently ignoring that little nugget. You're 7-1 at home and 3-5 on the road. (I could also point out that C.J. Anderson is averaging 5 yards per carry against your defense this year. ;))

This feels like the first time we have a better record in Dallas than on the road in a while. It wasnt that long ago we were flawless on the road and awful at home. 

I dont think that stat holds any weight. It has less to do with home vs away and more to when we played those game (pre/post Cooper). At least thats my guess without looking it up. 

Besides, LA is pretty close to home as it is :ph34r:

Just as I thought, we have lost 1 road game since obtaining Cooper. The Colts game.

2017 6-2 on the road

2016  6-1* on the road (I dont count week 17 when we benched 1/2 our team)

2015 - We were awful and lost almost all our games

2014 - 8-0 on the road

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Just as I thought, we have lost 1 road game since obtaining Cooper. The Colts game.

2017 6-2 on the road

2016  6-1* on the road (I dont count week 17 when we benched 1/2 our team)

2015 - We were awful and lost almost all our games

2014 - 8-0 on the road

So you don't think jrry's stat from this season holds any weight, but want us to put stock into something from 2014? 

18 minutes ago, JonStark said:

So you don't think jrry's stat from this season holds any weight, but want us to put stock into something from 2014? 

Since AT&T Stadium opened in 09, Dallas has been the only team in the NFL to post a better road record than home record*. It was a very long standing and seemingly legitimate trend that has only just now started to show signs of reversing.

I do think it's really hard to win on the road in the playoffs though so I would tend to ignore all that in this context. But it is worth noting that Jason Garrett's Cowboys have posted one of the 3 or 4 best road records in the league for his tenure.

edit: or rather, they were, coming into this season, and their success at home this year finally undid that

29 minutes ago, JonStark said:

No. I am simply pointing out that the Cowboys have been a much better away team in the recent past. We lost away games earlier this year, but most of that was due to our ridiculous slow start (crap offense, no Cooper). Jrry is peddling a stat that I personally dont put any stock into. You can believe whatever you want. 

19 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

No. I am simply pointing out that the Cowboys have been a much better away team in the recent past. We lost away games earlier this year, but most of that was due to our ridiculous slow start (crap offense, no Cooper). Jrry is peddling a stat that I personally dont put any stock into. You can believe whatever you want. 

Honestly, I think both have some relevance. I just think it's odd you are fine with throwing out their away record this year but fine with using the record from 4 years ago.  

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

Honestly, I think both have some relevance. I just think it's odd you are fine with throwing out their away record this year but fine with using the record from 4 years ago.  

Did I not show you 2017 and 2016? Daks entire career?

You are being a pedantic. The only reason I included 2014 was because we were perfect that year which I had mentioned in my previous post.  

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Did I not show you 2017 and 2016? Daks entire career?

You are being a pedantic. The only reason I included 2014 was because we were perfect that year which I had mentioned in my previous post.  

Dak's entire career also includes this year's 3-5 record on the road. ;)

Archived