Saints vs Texans - Preseason Week 3 GDT - Saturday 8pm EST

Dome

@BossierWhoDat @Breesus mode @Jlowe22 @Mid Iowa @navysaintsfan @NS922 @Raves @sammymvpknight @Spartica4Real @SSK @tyler735 @whodatworm23

saints_texans_live.jpg

How will our offensive line handle JJ Watt after putting up pretty good performances early against Cleveland and LAC?

If guys are playing the whole game this week, and especially next week it means they're on the bubble. Look for Anthony, Mauti, Stupar, Lasco, Coleman, TLL, Swann, Clay to get lots of playing time in this one. Time to start seeing what these guys look like as full time players, they're the ones who need to step up. 

One thing I like about this year's team is its depth. This isn't a top-heavy roster, but we have a lot of guys who are capable of being productive. At least, that's what it seems like now, if they don't fade out in the regular season. So we have a lot of "good" guys, it just depends on how often they can make great plays. And how often they can avoid really bad ones.

1 minute ago, NS922 said:

One thing I like about this year's team is its depth. This isn't a top-heavy roster, but we have a lot of guys who are capable of being productive. At least, that's what it seems like now, if they don't fade out in the regular season. So we have a lot of "good" guys, it just depends on how often they can make great plays. And how often they can avoid really bad ones.

We looked like we had depth last year, then all the starters got injured and that depth became starters. Then we had no depth lol. Hope the same doesn't happen again.

9 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

We looked like we had depth last year, then all the starters got injured and that depth became starters. Then we had no depth lol. Hope the same doesn't happen again.

I feel that this year we'll be okay even with some injuries. Our defense has been making a lot of plays, all four quarters, from a number of players. Our run game is looking to be more dynamic.  Whatever "depth" we were supposed to have didn't really pan out last year. If all these new guys this year don't pan out, then Mickey Loomis should be fired for getting our hopes up. I'm not saying we have a great team, I'm just saying I don't think the drop off will be too bad this year when the injuries come through.

Weekly Over/Unders: Trial Run Edition

Pick over or under. 1pt each unless otherwise stated.

• Defensive Sacks - O/U 3.5
  • Defensive Turnovers - O/U .5
  • Offensive Sacks allowed - O/U 2.5
  • Offensive Turnovers - O/U 1.5
  • DOUBLE POINTS - Total offensive yards - O/U 287.5yds

2 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Over - I think the DC keeps giving these guys the taste of success, and he'll let them rush.
Over - We're not going to get Zero turnover, not the way the D has been playing.
Over - Our 1st team is pretty good, yet that Texans D... 3 sacks isn't out of the question.
Over - 2+ turnovers? I think the O tightens it up, but the coaching staff has seen what they want to see from the rushing game. Time to see what these receivers are made of. High attempts = multiple turnovers.
Over - With the high passing attempts, I think 100 yards rushing and 200 passing is certainly expected.

2 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Over - Blitz heavy again

Under - Houston "short" game

Over - Back up lineman suck

Under - 1 TO, sure, 2 nah

Under - Saints first string offense will be rusty against a really good D and the back ups don't move the ball that well. 

41 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

I'd like to see more of Te'o. Kid balled out against San Diego like he had a chip on his shoulder ;) Maybe this could be like when the Eagles grabbed Jenkins. I'd like to have a LB who plays like that again. Vilma has been sorely missed.

Te'o was impressive in his role but man... Klein was a monster! He was blowing dudes up behind the line and allowing his teammates to make plays. When he shifts from SAM to MIKE its seamless.

I really like the trio of Klein, Te'o and Azalone with Robertson and Stupar as reserves. Nolan got these boys playing ball and its clear DA is allowing Nolan to put his spin on this scheme.

6 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

So this is where you all ran off to, eh? New shiny forums....I like em!

Over

Over

Under

Over

Over

Finally the password stuff has been figured out!

So far I'm more happy with Klein than I expected to be. He's better in coverage than I expected. Anzalone and Kamara are really pushing this draft class to having an impact season 1. Add in Ram and Lattimore, and they could go a long way in determining how well we do this season. I still reckon Trey Hendrickson will have a big impact this season, and Lattimore is a stud. What a class.

Also, Peterson and Ingram are going to run teams ragged this season. Should really take pressure off Brees. Just need Fleener to not suck and our offense should be incredibly tough to match up against.

Archived