Saints vs Texans - Preseason Week 3 GDT - Saturday 8pm EST

Dome

2 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

@Mid Iowa @SSK @SWATcha

Got all your O/U predictions.

I'm thinking about doing these in weekly GDTs and keeping score over the whole season. It's much easier to keep track of and edit with the new forum. Would that interest anyone?

I always enjoy pick-em type stuff, or survivor pool type things. So ya, I'd be down. Always appreciate the effort some of you guys put in to make the forums even more enjoyable. 

4 hours ago, SWATcha said:

So hoping to see some of the starters in there this week. Get a glimpse of what we'll see in the regular season. 

Call me crazy but im not a big believer in the whole... "Starters gotta knock off the rust" during preseason. I think the risk of injury is too great and it just isnt worth it. Use the preseason for what its truely for and thats finding out whos making the bottom half of your roster and leave the starters healthy.

34 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Call me crazy but im not a big believer in the whole... "Starters gotta knock off the rust" during preseason. I think the risk of injury is too great and it just isnt worth it. Use the preseason for what its truely for and thats finding out whos making the bottom half of your roster and leave the starters healthy.

Maybe. Everyone is different I suppose (concerning rust). Even if it's only 1 or 2 series, I would want my starters to play as a group at least once. That's just me though.

I don't think you're crazy, your argument is certainly a valid one concerning injuries.

18 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

I appreciate that, and I've heard it so many times that it makes my head hurt. Injuries happen, period. Some are more prone than others, but the bottom line is they happen. 

Frankly, if someone's gonna get hurt, I'd rather have it now so there's time for that guy's replacement to get some great reps, rather than week 3,5,9, whatever, and then your season is tanked.

Play 'em!!! That's what they're paid for, and that's what I watch for. And trust me, there's plenty of rust.

2 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I appreciate that, and I've heard it so many times that it makes my head hurt. Injuries happen, period. Some are more prone than others, but the bottom line is they happen. 

Frankly, if someone's gonna get hurt, I'd rather have it now so there's time for that guy's replacement to get some great reps, rather than week 3,5,9, whatever, and then your season is tanked.

Play 'em!!! That's what they're paid for, and that's what I watch for. And trust me, there's plenty of rust.

I respectfully disagree... Yes injuries happen ALL the time but you CAN control losing starters due to injury for any length of time during the preseason by simply not playing them. As far as rust, i dont buy it. Not saying there isnt any but I dont buy that playing the starters the limited snaps they see anyway is gonna knock off the rust. Throughout the NFL the first 2-3 weeks of every season is simply BAD football. The fact is that there is gonna be rust reguardless so my thinking is that id rather my team be rusty and healthy instead of rusty and short handed.

Thats just me.

PS: i understand players are and can be injuried in practice and i can deal with that as most of those injuries are freak injuries as the teams do a good job of preventing game time injuries durijg theses periods. However, injuries that happen to starters in meaningless games where the players are playing vanailla schemes are simply ridiculous to me.

I'm excited to see what Peterson will look like. Hoping he finds a couple decent holes tonight as I'm curious to see if he still has that same explosion that made him so special with the Vikings. 

Hoping to see competent QB play from our backups so we can get a decent look at guys like Tommylee Lewis, and Coleman

Would also like to see the LB's continue their high level of play this preseason. Te'o and Klein looked great last week. Would be awesome if they both become solid starters for us.

Archived