NFC Divisional Championship: Philadelphia Eagles (10-7) @ New Orleans Saints (13-3): Start cooking your Gumbo, bring our your elvis costumes and have your whiskey ready. It's playoff time

Canadian Saint

14 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

There is no such thing and running up the score in the NFL. They are paid professional athletes. Make a stop.

But that is in the past and the Saints were certainly the better team that day. They were also the 2nd and 3rd better team and the Eagles were a way distant 4th.

To me, I think the Eagles have the better O and D lines and a QB who is feeling himself. I think that gives the Eagles more than a punchers chance.

With all that being said, did they really have to go for it on 4th and 7 when they were up by 30 points........

I don't care about running up the score, I think it's more embarrassing to have the other team pull starters early.  But running up the score does give the other team some extra motivation.

Also, didn't Payton tell Brees to run whatever play he wanted?  Seems like I heard that from somewhere.  And of course telling Brees to do whatever he wants is gonna result in a pass of some kind, regardless of the situation.

If there are tears shed in the Eagles training rooms about a score being run up, then these guys are in the wrong business.

I suspect it's not a conversation with the team as much as it is with the butt hurt fans. The same fans who treat all of their opponents like garbage, or worse.

At what point does a beaten team expect the professionals on the other side to take their foot off the gas? Especially considering the history of comebacks in the NFL (See Superbowl 51 with the Patriots 25 point deficit). Up by 24 with nearly an entire half to go, and the Eagles are butt hurt because the Saints pushed the accelerator down? Yeah, we saw what happened to the Falcons, didn't we. Payton & Co. sure as hell wasn't going to let that happen on their home turf, and they won't let it happen again on Sunday.

Fly Eagles, Fly.... done flew too low and got smoked by a train!

1 hour ago, Spartica4Real said:

I have the same except for the Rams beating Dallas. 

Not exactly a favorable matchup for them, though. A banged-up Gurley against the Boys' stout run D vs. Zeke against the Rams' porous run D. Stephen A. unexpectedly rooted for the Cowboys SO they'd have to go to Nawlins and it could end up happening after all even after the Bears laid an egg against the Eagles.

17 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Great news had a feeling Armstead would be back!

Slow down there turbo, he isn't back yet lol. 

He's still limited, and he even says he's comfortable doing some things, others not so much.....

Still highly doubtful we see him this week.

14 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

Slow down there turbo, he isn't back yet lol. 

Lol while he technically isn't fully back yet, it sure is a far cry from "everyone is being optimistic, but he's done."

14 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

He's still limited, and he even says he's comfortable doing some things, others not so much.....

Still highly doubtful we see him this week.

That is simply another guess that I disagree with. If he was highly doubtful, he wouldn't be practicing. 

Archived