NFC Divisional Championship: Philadelphia Eagles (10-7) @ New Orleans Saints (13-3): Start cooking your Gumbo, bring our your elvis costumes and have your whiskey ready. It's playoff time

Canadian Saint

As the famous saying goes, to be the best, you have to beat the best......twice?

Well Who Dats, that's the scenario our Saints are facing, playing one of the inform teams in the NFL playoffs. World champion Philadelphia Eagles after they double doinked the Bears.

Thoughts:

- This is probably the best stylistic match up for us. Yes Big D Nick has the ability to win any game. However, their secondary is still beat up. Their running game isn't the best. and their pass rush isn't at the level of the Bears or the Cowboys. I much prefer to face these guys than the Cowboys right now. Especially with the offense coming into the playoffs on the back of some not so hot performances.

- The biggest threat from the Eagles side (apart from Big D Nick) has got to be Ertz and Goedart. Both TE possess great size and pass catching ability, we're going to need Bell and Anzalone to really step up keep these guys from running wild. Lattimore and Apple will have their hands full with Jeffrey and Aghalor.

- From our side. Really it's gonna boil down to two factors imo. Can the O-line play like they did before week 12. Or in another words, is Armstead 100% (or close to it) so we can give Brees time. Second factor, can our D-line generate consistent pass rush. We slowed down the last few weeks, but I really do think 2 weeks off will do wonders.

- Keep an eye on Watson, Hill and Arnold. Payton loves his match ups, I wouldn't be surprised if Kamara and Thomas took a lot of attention to leave our TE's open underneath.

- Another factor to consider is the Eagles will play their 3rd straight game on the road. That has to take a toll on a team.

I'll provide injury reports as they come out.

34-17 Saints. I'm gonna pick Davenport to have a monster game. Call it a hunch, but I reckon he'll run wild.

WHO DAT!

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm gonna be honest, even as optimistic as I can be, I don't see a way which we beat you. The optimistic me says 31-23 Saints

Ye of little faith you are banished. Football is a game of inches and Nick has the most inches. Eagles by a million 

10 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Ye of little faith you are banished. Football is a game of inches and Nick has the most inches. Eagles by a million 

Heres where youre wrong bucko. At the end of the year, you want to be #1. The *LOWEST* number is the best. 

Brees is a midget, cant get no lower than that. Hes about to show you the only size that matters, is the size 7.5 boot he's going to shove up your rectum. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Heres where youre wrong bucko. At the end of the year, you want to be #1. The *LOWEST* number is the best. 

Brees is a midget, cant get no lower than that. Hes about to show you the only size that matters, is the size 7.5 boot he's going to shove up your rectum. 

You worked too hard for very little gain on that post.....

Archived