NFC Divisional Championship: Philadelphia Eagles (10-7) @ New Orleans Saints (13-3): Start cooking your Gumbo, bring our your elvis costumes and have your whiskey ready. It's playoff time

Canadian Saint

3 hours ago, JMG5 said:

I have to admit that I am a little nervous about that Foles magic.

Oddly enough....I feel really good about having to play nick Foles. 

For the first time in a while, I'm kind of worried about our Offense getting on track. What a time to be alive. 

7 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

I can imagine some karma biting Payton in the *** for running up the score last time.

Payton didn't run up the score, the Eagles just couldn't stop wet towel that game.
It won't be the same next weekend, but the Saints have a different motivation, and different rest.

When the Chicago D can't stop them, though..... that's got me thinking this might be a 24-17 to 27-24 game of some sort.

Let's just hope we win, and the Rams and Cowboys whoop the crap out of each other in LA.

It's just so creepy. In 09, the Cowboys beat us pretty bad and went on to lose to the 2 seed. Here we are again. Cowboys beat us pretty convincingly, heading to the 2 seed's house. If we beat Philly and Dallas loses...

Getting away from the past, we beat the Eagles earlier this year, but it was a different Eagles team with a different QB. We were also at our best, playing our cleanest, most outstanding football. We are most definitely playing neither clean nor at our best now. Or weren't before the end of the season. This game is in our place though. It's our best chance, the most direct road to the bowl. Rather have this in our place than anywhere else. Let's go boys! 2 wins to Atlanta!

6 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If you are trying to go inch for inch with us on phallic themed nicknames, things will not end well for you. 😂

We are the only team to have beat Large Phallus Nicholas in the playoffs, I ain't scurred of that donger. 

Ok maybe a lil bit... 

21 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

you guys probably shouldnt have ran up the score in november. Now you are just facing a hot and pissed off team.

You're right. They should've rested the starters after halftime. 

13 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

you guys probably shouldnt have ran up the score in november. Now you are just facing a hot and pissed off team.

I feel like this game is going to be close either way, but if he gets a chance, imagine if Payton runs up the score again

Hopefully the Saints "run up the score" again all over the Eagles.

Hate the "woe is me" attitude from the Eagles given they were doing the same damn thing to teams just 12 months prior. xD

How worried are you guys about your Offensive Line versus the Eagles pass rush? The Bears basically barely got to BDN and you guys have a worse pass rush? Could that prove an issue? Jason Peters erased Mack in the passing game.

1 hour ago, Magnifico said:

Hopefully the Saints "run up the score" again all over the Eagles.

Hate the "woe is me" attitude from the Eagles given they were doing the same damn thing to teams just 12 months prior. xD

How worried are you guys about your Offensive Line versus the Eagles pass rush? The Bears basically barely got to BDN and you guys have a worse pass rush? Could that prove an issue? Jason Peters erased Mack in the passing game.

I'm worried about everyone's pass rush if Armstead is out.  If he's healthy, I'm not worried as much.  He probably won't play though and certainly won't be at 100%.

As far as our defense, I'm expecting at least an average game out of them.  Anything less will be a disappointment.   

There is no such thing and running up the score in the NFL. They are paid professional athletes. Make a stop.

But that is in the past and the Saints were certainly the better team that day. They were also the 2nd and 3rd better team and the Eagles were a way distant 4th.

To me, I think the Eagles have the better O and D lines and a QB who is feeling himself. I think that gives the Eagles more than a punchers chance.

With all that being said, did they really have to go for it on 4th and 7 when they were up by 30 points........

Archived