NFC Divisional Championship: Philadelphia Eagles (10-7) @ New Orleans Saints (13-3): Start cooking your Gumbo, bring our your elvis costumes and have your whiskey ready. It's playoff time

Canadian Saint

Great win. Payton once again shows why he's the guy to lead a team in the playoffs. Fake punt was done at the right time, and honestly changed the momentum. Team too, showed a ton of character to over come adversity. Down 14-0, D shut them out and offense put up 400ish yards. Massive turnaround from a nightmare start. Great win and a win I think Saints of the past wouldn't have won. Lattimore, what a corner.

14 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

I hope the beginning of the game was rust, because if we start that slow vs LA we lose.

If we play like we did the rest of the game then we're going to the Super Bowl. 

I'd like to think it was just rust, but this team has a history of bad starts.  In games and in seasons.

13 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

If we play like we did the rest of the game then we're going to the Super Bowl. 

If Peat plays like he did and we don’t get him some help, Brees is gonna be rattled and forcing things all game. That won’t work against guys like Peters Talib and Johnson. Brees was playing LIGHTS OUT this game but looked flustered under pressure.

Rams are better than the Eagles, at pretty much every position group IMO including head coach. Eagles were over performing for the hype but that only gets you so far.

O-line needs to improve, quite a bit.

What a game. Glad to see this team battle through some adversity early on and score 20 unanswered points. The loss of Rankins will undoubtedly hurt going forward, but we still do have plenty of talent on the Defensive Line to generate pressure against the Rams. So nice to see wins like this in the playoffs where both sides of the ball take care of business. Another big positive from this game is Terron Armstead made it through the whole game. We need our entire OL healthy and ready for the Rams.

We won despite that bad start, and I think it proved how good our team is. Other people might look at this kind of game and continue with that narrative that this isn't the same team from that winning streak, but after that first quarter, we controlled the game and did what we had to do. We showed again that we can win a tough game even when a lot of things don't go our way. I can't completely disagree with the first play of the game because the aggressive style is part of why we won, but it backfired and we paid the price for it in the first quarter. After that, it was still tough, but we showed how hard it is to keep up with us for an entire game, especially in the Dome.

It’s hard. I’m normally the hopeful sort but this game was so dark right there at the start. I didn’t see how we got out of it. It still feels like we were fighting and clawing for anything. That drive in the third quarter was magical though. It was our turning point. It showed grit.

I know we can beat the Rams but man am I worried about it. Our game plan needs to be one of the best Sean has ever drawn. It’ll be a different team and a different game. And lord am I glad they’re coming to our place. 😀

Underrated point: Our defense held the Eagles to less points than the #1 defense Bears. And we're in a Dome, not cold weather outside.

Our defense has been elite since about week 4 and they proved it today. We have easily the best defense remaining in the playoffs, and we know first hand just how much defense can win championships. Not like we lack the (potential) offense to go with it like the Bears or Ravens did. 

5 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Underrated point: Our defense held the Eagles to less points than the #1 defense Bears. And we're in a Dome, not cold weather outside.

Our defense has been elite since about week 4 and they proved it today. We have easily the best defense remaining in the playoffs, and we know first hand just how much defense can win championships. Not like we lack the (potential) offense to go with it like the Bears or Ravens did. 

I’ve said it before, if we win the Super Bowl it’ll be because of our defense.  They essentially willed us to get the 1 seed at the end of the season when the offense was sputtering.  They had what 6 straight games holding teams to 14 or less. They gave up 13, 14 and 9 in a three road game stretch where we won 2/3.  We would have gone 0/3 and gotten blown out in years past.  And on multiple occasions now they’ve made clutch plays to seal the game.

I think this is the best defense we’ve had in the Sean Payton era.  If they had played like this at the beginning of the season it would be a top 3 unit.

Archived