[IMPORTANT] Please post & vote all cowboy fans!

canadaluvsdallas

Immediately or Friday?   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Immediately or Friday?

18 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I'm not worried about Donald at all. We take like 5 sacks a game anyway. There will be sacks. There will be ugly. There will be bumbling stumbling Dak, but Zeke will feed, and Dak will make some nice runs/clutch improvisations, and hopefully a WR steps up with some YAC other than Zeke. And we will win with our defense like we have for the last 10 weeks.

Dak has averaged 2.9 sacks taken per game in our 11 wins this year and 4.2 in our 6 losses.

I mean, you have a point, but it does make a difference. We're 4-1 when we allow 2 sacks or less and 7-5 when allowing 3 or more. We've found ways in spite of Dak/our pass pro throughout the year but it obviously helps when they play better.

2 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Dak has averaged 2.9 sacks taken per game in our 11 wins this year and 4.2 in our 6 losses.

I mean, you have a point, but it does make a difference. We're 4-1 when we allow 2 sacks or less and 7-5 when allowing 3 or more. We've found ways in spite of Dak/our pass pro throughout the year but it obviously helps when they play better.

Sure it helps for us to play better, and taking a sack never helps. Usually when we take a sack it's a huge drive/momentum killer.

I'm just saying being able to protect Dak/Dak being able to protect himself, has not been one of our strong points. 3 sacks per game in our 11 wins is still 33 sacks, which is a slightly above average number of sacks for an entire seasons worth of work. Example: the most sacks Romo ever took in a season was 36. We took 33 just in the 11 games we won. 

If we don't allow a sack then our chances go up no doubt, but I'm not going to hold my breath based on this season. No, based on this season we are going to have to find a way to win while probably allowing 2 to 4 sacks. 

13 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Dak has turned the ball over in every game we've lost. 3 of 6 games he's fumbled it, and 4 of 6 he's thrown interceptions.

The turnover battle is a crucial one for this team, and Aaron Donald forcing fumbles and bad passes that get intercepted is a major concern for that reason; not just the sacks.

Na you guys didn't scare me away. Dude I have been a part of this forum since around 2004...I enjoy reading more than posting. Some of you might remember me...I am the guy that posted a thread about Miles Austin making the pro-bowl...it was like only week 3 or 4 but that was the year he was blowing up with Dallas...Everybody thought I was nuts....then he made the pro-bowl as a starter. 

I am not one to believe in luck and stuff though...but I will still read and post even if the GDT is posted after the game is already over...

:)

37 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Sure it helps for us to play better, and taking a sack never helps. Usually when we take a sack it's a huge drive/momentum killer.

I'm just saying being able to protect Dak/Dak being able to protect himself, has not been one of our strong points. 3 sacks per game in our 11 wins is still 33 sacks, which is a slightly above average number of sacks for an entire seasons worth of work. Example: the most sacks Romo ever took in a season was 36. We took 33 just in the 11 games we won. 

If we don't allow a sack then our chances go up no doubt, but I'm not going to hold my breath based on this season. No, based on this season we are going to have to find a way to win while probably allowing 2 to 4 sacks. 

I guess my overall point would be that I do think this needs to be a game where the offense avoids pooping the bed and goes out and posts some impressive TD drives. I’m skeptical our D will be able to contain the opposition for 3+ quarters while the offense slowly figures it out this week.

29 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Dak has turned the ball over in every game we've lost. 3 of 6 games he's fumbled it, and 4 of 6 he's thrown interceptions.

The turnover battle is a crucial one for this team, and Aaron Donald forcing fumbles and bad passes that get intercepted is a major concern for that reason; not just the sacks.

This is probably a better way to look at it- Donald will get his, you just hope to live in a world where that’s a couple of 4 yard losses and not a couple of possession changes

Just now, matt79511 said:

I guess my overall point would be that I do think this needs to be a game where the offense avoids pooping the bed and goes out and posts some impressive TD drives. I’m skeptical our D will be able to contain the opposition for 3+ quarters while the offense slowly figures it out this week.

I agree that we need to do more because it's the Rams but after watching them play 17 games, there is no way I can expect anything less. I thought these things exactly, when we played the Saints. And then the offense put up a sloppy 13 points to get the W.

I expect an ugly, sloppy, sack filled Dak fest. But I am also beginning to expect Dak/the Defense/Zeke/Thanksgiving Amari etc.. to pull something out of the hat last minute. 

It sucks having to rely on a week 17 Beasley type catch to win it but that seems like all we have.  

We really really have been drafting extremely well. That's why I feel it's imperative to complete the process of "building through the draft," and virtually ignoring free agency, by signing our drafted talent to second contracts.

Yeah we are going to give up a sack or two:

Dallas Cowboys OG Connor Williams vs. Los Angeles Rams DT Ndamukong Suh

Suh and Donald, in my opinion, are two different players, so Williams is going to have to prepare that way. Suh will beat you with his power, while Donald wants to win on that first step. Suh will have gone back through his film study this week and noted that, when Williams has had problems, it has been when he plays with straight legs. 

The further we move along in the week, the more likely I believe that Connor Williams will get the start over Xavier Su’a-Filo.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/flip-side-favorable-look-for-demarcus-lawrence

Continuing the tradition from last week, it's about time we start discussing who we want to play next.

On the one hand, we are 8-1 at home, and getting an NFCC game in Dallas against the defending SB champions would be amazing. We have also already beat them twice. Plus playing the higher rated NO Saints team on the road where they are known to be unstoppable is something less than ideal.

On the other hand, we have already beat the Saints as well, and beating the Eagles 3 times sounds tough like we are pushing our luck. Plus we would have to cheer for the Eagles again this week. Last week was hard enough. 

Archived