Divisional Round GDT Saints vs Eagles

EaglesPeteC

11 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

every tackle on the saints rosters has some sort of injury that limits them at practice. could be a long night for brees.

I thought a starting tackle was out during the thrashing...I think Brees is disrupted with pressure in his face...take him out of rhythm and off his spot with well timed blitzes. Speed up his clock. 

We definitely have to stop the run first and foremost. If Brees can hand it off and get the chains moving we'll be in trouble. Ingram and Kamara both avg'd over 5yds a carry 

36 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

They win this and then beat Dallas or even the Rams next week, that alone will make it a fun offseason

I’ll be less depressed if the Eagles lose this week than if they lose next week. 

I mean either Matts or Rammy’s team will beat us to go to the Superb Owl. I might have to take my own Reddit vacation if that happens 

20 hours ago, nlesthought said:

I thought a starting tackle was out during the thrashing...I think Brees is disrupted with pressure in his face...take him out of rhythm and off his spot with well timed blitzes. Speed up his clock. 

We definitely have to stop the run first and foremost. If Brees can hand it off and get the chains moving we'll be in trouble. Ingram and Kamara both avg'd over 5yds a carry 

He hates pressure in his face. You have the DT to disrupt him. 

Whatever makes it more difficult for Brees we should do. Even if that means playing the pass primarily.  I know Jim likes to shut the run down and make them pass but I feel Brees will shred us if we focus on the run. I don’t think we can win a shootout. Our defensive focus should be on Brees and limiting his big play opportunities. If the run defense struggles for it, so be it. 

13 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Whatever makes it more difficult for Brees we should do. Even if that means playing the pass primarily.  I know Jim likes to shut the run down and make them pass but I feel Brees will shred us if we focus on the run. I don’t think we can win a shootout. Our defensive focus should be on Brees and limiting his big play opportunities. If the run defense struggles for it, so be it. 

I say make them 1 dimensional, they get anxious when the run game isn’t working. See the Dallas game. 

10 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I say make them 1 dimensional, they get anxious when the run game isn’t working. See the Dallas game. 

I’m just spit balling here. Does Brees prefer man or zone to go against? We know how stubborn Jim can be. I’m just hoping he throws a couple curves this game. His game plan last time was cheeks. But I feel if they run the ball, scoring will be low and we’ll have a chance late to win. I just hope from the last time and the Dallas game, they know how to attack the offense. 

19 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

I hope we wipe the smug look off of Sean Payton’s face. Hate that prick 

Haha, did you see that clip, Eagles must have been in NO, and Payton was walking along the seats slapping hands and there was an Eagles’ fan giving the thumbs down to him and once he got to him the fan stuck his hand out to greet him and Sean slapped the ish out of it? Funny. 

Haha, here it is. 

To be fair, those kids look like major d bags. I apologize if you look like this, but we can’t be friends. 

Archived