Divisional Round GDT Saints vs Eagles

EaglesPeteC

30 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

honestly everyone on the eagles medical staff should be fired and not allowed to practice medidine ever again they were terrible this season.

Near the tops of the culling list.

Hard to put too much on anyone else, Doug and CO bounced back midseason...this was on Nick.

I think people are severely underestimating how badly we missed Brooks. Cox is Obvious, needs no explanation because it was night a day different when he was actually  on the field.

However we Ran it down their throats and were able to get out to a 14-0 lead with Brooks. Stalled and scored nothing else on every other drive for 3 QTs afterwards. It's not coincidence. Foles was anticipating  pressure coming, even when it wasn't there.

What we did last year was really unprecedented considering the Injuries we had and Players they were. Asking the Team to repeat that  scenario while accumulating  even more injuries tonight is beyond realistic. Scary thing is ,We actually had a chance to win despite all of that.

If Jeffrey who has Glue for hands catches that ball, who knows. Is what it is though. A loss!

6 minutes ago, Shoeless said:

I will say this, if Ertz makes that catch, you are correct, I wouldn't have said anything about it.  I won't pretend I would have.  But, to myself, I would still be saying, "cut down the risks."

Here's what I didn't like about that play from jump:

1. You're throwing at Lattimore, who is a beast. 

2. You're stretching the field, instead of methodically cutting through the Saints D.

3. There were two WIDE OPEN players right there, with zero chance of not making a play, for all intents and purposes.

Bombs are always risky plays when there's tight one-on-one coverage. Even if the catch was incomplete, why waste a play when Smallwood had nobody near him and was an automatic game to move the chains or secure a 1st?  At that point in the game, you continue to do what worked so far, and what was working well on the drive. You could just "feel" the Saints thinking, "man, we can't stop this team from moving the chains at will."  It's exactly how we felt after the interception and the Saints converted on the 4th down.  

There's no coincidence that we didn't score again after that interception.  It was a complete momentum-changer.  And that's always a risk when you're launching bombs to a TE tightly covered by Lattimore. 

Between that pass and Doug continuing to try and run Sproles, I seriously question Doug's decision making. 

That’s fine. I’m not saying you’re wrong. I just see it different. I think that’s a fine matchup. Ertz should have used his body to guard from an INT and possibly come down with it. But it is what it is. 

It was def a momentum changer. I think everyone said it. But a good team finds a way to get it back and get some more points. NO switched up some of their defense. Lattimore shadowed Jeffery for the rest of the game. The announcers even noted it. We couldn’t counter their counter. They were the better team and we still had a shot. I’m not going to complain about it. 

Really would of liked seeing a game with no injuries, Both sides. Honestly think it would of been drastically  different given the start to that game but in the End, them the breaks.

Really, really sucks to lose Brooks this late in the year with that type of injury basically derailing him for 2019  too.

It sucks to lose but you got a ring last year and had a hell of a run this year.  No doubt you are going to be a force for a while to come.  With you, us, and a healthy Redskins team I don't think the division will be referred to as NFC Least anymore.

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

So what's the chances of Brooks returning at all next season?

I didn't see the injury occur, but it likely depends on whether it was an outright rupture to the Achilles or just a tear.  Ruptures are usually right around a year's-time recovery (and that's been for guys who aren't carrying the kind of weight that Brooks does).  A tear, depending on the severity, he might be able to shave 2 or 3 months off that, but that's probably enough for the team to just PUP him for the year - I certainly can't see them planning or counting on having him for any part of next season (if they've happen to get him for any of it, it's gravy).

I was out Ubering after the heartbreaking loss...

So, where did we fall on blaming Dougie for rushing and not taking the 2 minute warning?  I didn't get that thinking on rushing that playcall with 2 seconds before the minute warning. I feel like by rushing that caused the ball to go through Alshon's hands in a sloppy manner.

17 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

I was out Ubering after the heartbreaking loss...

So, where did we fall on blaming Dougie for rushing and not taking the 2 minute warning?  I didn't get that thinking on rushing that playcall with 2 seconds before the minute warning. I feel like by rushing that caused the ball to go through Alshon's hands in a sloppy manner.

I think his broken ribs hurt about as much

I think they wanted to catch the saints off guard, it worked..just Alshon had his third drop in the worst way possible

Archived